PDA

View Full Version : UK tightens immigrations laws

A_flyer
1st April 2008, 11:20
UK tightens immigrations laws (Philipppines Star - April 1, 2008)

The British government today started changing its immigration rules to prevent anyone who has previously broken the country's immigration laws from entering the United Kingdom.

According to the British Embassy in Manila, applicants who have used a false document, lied or withheld information in their previous application will be banned from the UK for 10 years.

"Visa cheats who try to access to the UK by using false documents or deception will from today face an automatic ban. Applicants who have previously breached UK immigration laws by staying in the UK illegally or working without permission will also be banned from coming to the UK," the embassy said in a statement.

The ban will also apply to other forms of breach of the country's law, the length of time will depend on how the individual left the UK after his or her breach of the law·

The embassy stated that apart from sanctioning those who break the country's immigration laws, the British government also wants to give those who are illegally staying in the UK an incentive to leave on their own accord.
Read here: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Local%20News&p=54&type=2&sec=2&aid=2008033154

Another article more complete: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/breakingnews/view/20080401-127712/UK-toughens-immigration-rules--embassy

joebloggs
1st April 2008, 11:39
yes the gov is giving all the illegals here a chance to go back to their country and apply for a visa to come back here legally and their overstaying shouldn't effect thier visa app, they have til 1st of October, but is this a scam by the gov :Erm:, how many will be refused :Erm: and how many will take the gamble :Erm:

the only option left now for the gov is to limit the number of people on workpermits and HSMP, but many of these are skilled workers, ones the country needs.

the problem is not the number of workpermit/hsmp holders but the million plus who come here from eastern europe, but then the gov cannot do much about them.

and no its not a april fools joke :icon_lol::D:icon_lol:

tomadore
1st April 2008, 12:57
this is a very good news!

andypaul
1st April 2008, 19:48
If people cheat to enter then they should face a ban, but its also a warning to those using agents or companies to assit them to check they stick to the rules when trying to help people with visas.

wobblybob
1st April 2008, 21:24
Many of these people are only trying to improve their lives as any of us would like to if we had to endure the standard of living they do, if I was an afghanistani or zimbabwean or anyone who is ebduring a life of poverty, I would be damn sure I would be trying to get into Uk or any other country I could where I would be able to improve my living conditions and freedom.

andypaul
1st April 2008, 22:01
Many of these people are only trying to improve their lives as any of us would like to if we had to endure the standard of living they do, if I was an afghanistani or zimbabwean or anyone who is ebduring a life of poverty, I would be damn sure I would be trying to get into Uk or any other country I could where I would be able to improve my living conditions and freedom.

And?

Why should my family jump though hoops when others break the law?