PDA

View Full Version : My settling in England

Peanutz
29th March 2008, 13:15
Hello to all the Forum members,

I have not been online for a while due of my hectic schedules and because of my multiple everyday tasks that kept me away from this forum. I would like to share to all of you what I have been doing.

I moved here in UK from Italy last August 2007. I started to search for a job, look for courses and meeting new people.
I went to apply for my driving license and I am still doing my driving lesson until now...Don't ask me about it.
I enrolled for AS Law and GCSE A English and started doing these courses since last September.I don't think I can carry on with my AS Law because of my lack of material time to dedicate to it.
I applied for posts in Job Agencies everywhere, I have been in job interviews and not after a couple of months of my job hunting a multinational company finally spot my potentials and hired me also because of my knowledge of Italian language. I have not been offered much but a starting of 16k is not bad for a new comer like me and I am happy with that.

Me and hubby is putting up our next long term plan.
Retirement in Phil
Research
Site visit to Phils to identify potential areas
Identify budget available
Identify income potential
Planning
Determine source of finance
Decide on location

Well, these are the first few steps that we need to do and add things on the way.

Anyway these are my updates, so far my life is changing so fast that when I look back where I was last year...Madness, I still can't believe I have done all those things in a very short time.:rolleyes:

I am always greatful to this forum that helped me and continue on helping others by giving helpful informations. The reason why I always come back, no matter what....

(Keith, is this comment is dramatic enough to earn a green blob?:D)

I have missed you all!

andypaul
29th March 2008, 14:12
Well done on getting the Job. Also remeber for the next few years its unlikely to be the wage or postion which is important but actually gettting a job which allows you to earn enough to getby will be the key.

Like you the Wife noticed also just how fast life is in the Uk, even compared to Italia where the Wifes Mum and some of her cousins live.

Peanutz
29th March 2008, 14:26
Thanks Paul, I am really happy that I have found this job. Yes, time here in UK flies so fast, the next thing is you find yourself already planning for retirement!
I would love to move back in Italy if only me and hubby could, because I do think that it is much better way of living. It's not that I don't like living here in England but I do miss a lot of things in Italy. Do you and Misuss plan to retire in Phil too ?

andypaul
29th March 2008, 15:15
Thanks Paul, I am really happy that I have found this job. Yes, time here in UK flies so fast, the next thing is you find yourself already planning for retirement!
I would love to move back in Italy if only me and hubby could, because I do think that it is much better way of living. It's not that I don't like living here in England but I do miss a lot of things in Italy. Do you and Misuss plan to retire in Phil too ?

I would prefer monaco or cannes personally:D

I like the Italian pace of live i think i could spend part of my life there but i need my football and italian football bores the life out of me:D

now if you started up a Football league in Phill as your business project i might be tempted.

Peanutz
29th March 2008, 15:23
Lol, you can pair with my husband. He teases me with Italian football! Italian football are more technical than football here which is all 'entertainment shows'. What?! Ten goals?! Unbelievable! Players are paid to put shows in every game!

andypaul
29th March 2008, 15:29
Lol, you can pair with my husband. He teases me with Italian football! Italian football are more technical than football here which is all 'entertainment shows'. What?! Ten goals?! Unbelievable! Players are paid to put shows in every game!

for the money they earn and what i pay to watch i need to be entertained.

So if you could set up the Phill Premiership and import lots of top players, i have been training the Kids in the Wifes side of the family and can offer you a whole team.

I need an agents fee of course:D

Peanutz
29th March 2008, 16:00
Lol!
Your idea is cool. Setting up a Phil Premiership...But I have doubts if local players can match the import ones!
:D

kimmi
29th March 2008, 17:20
Well done sis Peanutz..:)

andypaul
29th March 2008, 18:45
Lol!
Your idea is cool. Setting up a Phil Premiership...But I have doubts if local players can match the import ones!
:D

Thats why my Homegrown team will be so vital. I am feeding them up on Balut as we speak they will have the toughest bones in the world of football.

But on a serious notes if someone had the contacts setting up a Football league in Phill so it could be televised round Asia could make a fortune.

I was amazed at the amount of Replica Football shirts mainly english team kids in the mall of asia for a penatly kick shoot out and mini game.

Funnily enough the ones in England tops all missed the goal :doh

Peanutz
29th March 2008, 20:13
Well done sis Peanutz..:)

Hey you Kimmi! Congratz sa wedding mo ha...I bet you feel like in heaven...:rolleyes: