PDA

View Full Version : help out the new guy

boggo
10th April 2006, 07:01
Hmmm , guess you may have already answered all these questions so many times before , but hey its all new to me...... so in a nutshell.......found the girl.....talked for months " ont tinternet " went over to cebu a month ago....completely blown away by the genuinly happy time had there.........beautiful girl.....beautiful everything .........back home now heartbroken and recovering ..........and holding a multi page settlement visa application form....shes just about to dhl her birth certificate , her late husbands death certificate hmmm ( should I start worrying !!!!) and a passport pic.

Now I am reading about copies of western umion receipts and messenger logs ......hmmm never thought of those...can anyone advise a manchester lad how to make he succeeds in getting his girl here .for example

Does she need other papers in the dhl envelope for me

should I go back and marry here in a month or too .we want this and I know about the CNI so got that one covered....will it help my case or not.

what else can I do to assist my application for her.Ive got the forms so I guess I send it off in the uk for her or should it be done by her in the philippines

anyone help a guy out here......................?

Pauldo
10th April 2006, 09:09
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tony and arlene &#064; Apr 10 2006, 07&#58;01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hmmm , guess you may have already answered all these questions so many times before , but hey its all new to me...... so in a nutshell.......found the girl.....talked for months " ont tinternet " went over to cebu a month ago....completely blown away by the genuinly happy time had there.........beautiful girl.....beautiful everything .........back home now heartbroken and recovering ..........and holding a multi page settlement visa application form....shes just about to dhl her birth certificate , her late husbands death certificate hmmm ( should I start worrying &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;) and a passport pic.

Now I am reading about copies of western umion receipts and messenger logs ......hmmm never thought of those...can anyone advise a manchester lad how to make he succeeds in getting his girl here .for example

should I go back and marry here in a month or too .we want this and I know about the CNI so got that one covered....will it help my case or not.

what else can I do to assist my application for her.Ive got the forms so I guess I send it off in the uk for her or should it be done by her in the philippines

[/b][/quote]

To be really brutally honest, you haven&#39;t got a hope in hell yet. You really need to build up evidence of a long established relationship, proof to the embassy that you have known each other for a long time, are really in love, collect photos, letters, postcards, birthday cards, etc etc proof that you are really going to stay together for ever, and more important; that you aren&#39;t going to cost the government any money if she runs away a soon as she arrives here and signs on the social

And it sounds like you need to do a lot more research on exactly how to apply for the visa. Not trying to be insulting here, but there is a hell of a lot to learn before making visa moves. She applies for the visa in the PI, you can&#39;t do it for her, from England or anywhere else. Browse around this site for a few days, especially in the immigration forums, follow recent stories of visa applications and learn what you can. Loads of reading and studying is required, there&#39;s no easy answer, or easy way.

Good luck.

walesrob
10th April 2006, 10:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Apr 10 2006, 09&#58;09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
To be really brutally honest, you haven&#39;t got a hope in hell yet. You really need to build up evidence of a long established relationship, proof to the embassy that you have known each other for a long time, are really in love, collect photos, letters, postcards, birthday cards, etc etc proof that you are really going to stay together for ever, and more important; that you aren&#39;t going to cost the government any money if she runs away a soon as she arrives here and signs on the social

And it sounds like you need to do a lot more research on exactly how to apply for the visa. Not trying to be insulting here, but there is a hell of a lot to learn before making visa moves. She applies for the visa in the PI, you can&#39;t do it for her, from England or anywhere else. Browse around this site for a few days, especially in the immigration forums, follow recent stories of visa applications and learn what you can. Loads of reading and studying is required, there&#39;s no easy answer, or easy way.

Good luck.
[/b][/quote]

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum.

Pauldo is correct, it is too early to even think of applying for a visa. You need to go back and visit her a few more times, to build up evidence, and your idea about getting married in the Philippines is a good one. In a meantime, keep collecting those emails, chat logs, letters, photos, etc.

Feel free to ask for any further information, we&#39;ve all been there and done that, and got the T-shirt.
Good luck.

equaliser
10th April 2006, 12:37
Hi tony

Best advice I can give is get as much information as you can before you even think of applying. Go to Pete&#39;s website www.british-filipino.com and also to the www.ukvacs.net who will handle your application when it is time to do so.

Good luck

Brian

mupsuit
10th April 2006, 17:58
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Apr 10 2006, 09&#58;09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
that you aren&#39;t going to cost the government any money if she runs away a soon as she arrives here and signs on the social

Good luck.
[/b][/quote]

I agree with the others that you need to develop a longer relationship in order to convice the embassy in Manila

You have the forms - study them and relate what is being asked to your personal circumstances and ask yourself - Do we meet the criteria? when you can say "yes" that is time to apply

when she does get a spouse visa (follwoing your marriage in PI) it will be endorsed NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS - so I think Pauldo is kidding you on when he suggest that she might run away

on the brighter side - as a wife - she will be able to work here - she can not if she comes as a fiance - until you marry

all the best

Pauldo
10th April 2006, 20:42
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 10 2006, 05&#58;58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I agree with the others that you need to develop a longer relationship in order to convice the embassy in Manila

You have the forms - study them and relate what is being asked to your personal circumstances and ask yourself - Do we meet the criteria? when you can say "yes" that is time to apply

when she does get a spouse visa (follwoing your marriage in PI) it will be endorsed NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS - so I think Pauldo is kidding you on when he suggest that she might run away

on the brighter side - as a wife - she will be able to work here - she can not if she comes as a fiance - until you marry

all the best
[/b][/quote]
I wasn&#39;t actually suggesting she might run away, just that the embassy wants to make damn sure somebody they give a visa to isn&#39;t likely to run away and claim anything and everything she can, screaming abandonment, abuse, kidnap or whatever. It happens. It has happened to friends of mine in the USA, and Filipinos do have a rather sad history of jumping visa restrictions wherever they go.

In a nutshell, the embassy want real hard assurance that you have a proven, genuine and loving relationship before they will stamp that tiny but expensive quantity of ink into her passport.

Admin
11th April 2006, 09:13
After 6 years marriage we pay them to runaway style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugher.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugher.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/peepwall.gif

ginapeterb
11th April 2006, 10:45
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tony and arlene &#064; Apr 10 2006, 07&#58;01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hmmm , guess you may have already answered all these questions so many times before , but hey its all new to me...... so in a nutshell.......found the girl.....talked for months " ont tinternet " went over to cebu a month ago....completely blown away by the genuinly happy time had there.........beautiful girl.....beautiful everything .........back home now heartbroken and recovering ..........and holding a multi page settlement visa application form....shes just about to dhl her birth certificate , her late husbands death certificate hmmm ( should I start worrying &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;) and a passport pic.

[/b][/quote]

All good advice Tony, as the lads have suggested, start reading and learning, ukvacs is the official site, however as the lads have said, my site can help you navigate much better,

at

http://www.british-filipino.com

Navigate through the various information pages there, happy reading.

Dont apply for a visa yet, too early, you dont have a long enough relationship but sometimes you can get away with it, Rockman did, (old member) he went only once, on second visit, brought his girl back, after only 6 months on chat.

Best of luck

Pete

Joey
11th April 2006, 13:30
Someone I worked with in the Philippines lost his wife in the airport&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif She saw her chance, and bolted&#33; This was around 1991 or so. I think there should be 3 years between initial contact and marriage, but that&#39;s just my opinion. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Pauldo
11th April 2006, 15:50
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joey &#064; Apr 11 2006, 01&#58;30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Someone I worked with in the Philippines lost his wife in the airport&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif She saw her chance, and bolted&#33; This was around 1991 or so. I think there should be 3 years between initial contact and marriage, but that&#39;s just my opinion. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]
I actually lost my wife in Dubai airport, but after 45 minutes I located the gold, jewels and perfume counter, and there she was, with her face stuck to the glass, predictably style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Eljohno
13th April 2006, 03:30
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joey &#064; Apr 11 2006, 01&#58;30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

There is not much chance losing Rhea in Doha Airport on the way back as there is no where to hide lol

She said she would never leave me anyway or at least until i gave her a white baby style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

mupsuit
13th April 2006, 09:29
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 13 2006, 03&#58;30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

She said she would never leave me anyway or at least until i gave her a white baby style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif
[/b][/quote]

White ? Babyjohn will be Halo-Halo - which is the most beautiful shade of golden brown

and very handsome - we look forward to seeing the photos

deepete
13th April 2006, 12:48
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 13 2006, 03&#58;30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

My father in law is very dark, when my wife was giving birth to our first in the delivery room she had the midwife and doctor at the business end and when the baby came out she said to me "Hon, its not black is it" .
Well, you could of heard a pin drop.

Anyway it wasnt. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif