PDA

View Full Version : Ggggggggrrrrrrr

chino
28th March 2008, 10:56
Last week i was staying with my GF (may be aswa?) and the land lady came around while i was in....

I have just found out after a phone call that as the land lady has found out that she is being supported by a foreigner that the rent has now gone up!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ginapeterb
28th March 2008, 11:09
Mabuhay Chino !

vbkelly
28th March 2008, 12:18
Last week i was staying with my GF (may be aswa?) and the land lady came around while i was in....

I have just found out after a phone call that as the land lady has found out that she is being supported by a foreigner that the rent has now gone up!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

that's really unfair

scott&ligaya
28th March 2008, 12:23
Move her somewhere nicer, pay a bit more than even the new rent and make sure the old landlord knows you did it just to spite her!!

IainBusby
28th March 2008, 14:07
Move her somewhere nicer, pay a bit more than even the new rent and make sure the old landlord knows you did it just to spite her!!

I agree, whether it's somewhere nicer or not, just move her. In my experience people like that will continue to try to milk the fact that she has a western bf and won't be long before she will be thinking up an extra charge for something or other.

It will serve her right for being greedy if the apartment is un-let for a while and she loses money. All of the Filipina's I've met seem to believe in Karma and if she loses money because of her greed, then I would call that real Karma.

Louella & Iain.

Darren
28th March 2008, 17:27
The same thing happened to me and my asawa ko also three trips ago, my wife would call about the apartment negotiate a price, we would then go to see it and guess what? They would see me, and $ signs would flash.
The advice already given to you is good! Get out of there! I have decided to buy instead now.

Good luck my friend!

KeithD
28th March 2008, 20:38
:NoNo: You lot are probably moaning over an extra £2 a week :doh

scott&ligaya
28th March 2008, 21:20
At last broadband at home and not bad at 54Mbps, took BT nearly two weeks to issue me a new number (did not want previous tenants) and then send the router/hub however

The money is not the issue it is just as someone earlier said we are all fed up being ripped of just because they think we are loaded. I have gotten out of taxis in Manila when the driver refuses the meter and wants stupid money and then tipped the next courteous one who came along and attempted to have a clean cab more than the pratt who wanted to rip me off.

andypaul
28th March 2008, 21:29
What Iain says don't let people mess you. First its one increase and then for repairs....

If you rented out a house here would you increse the rent if someone had a rich partner?

Not being rude Chino, just pointing out something i learned all well and good walking round the Girlfriends local area, but all us brit chaps must bear in mind the huge changes you can bring to peoples lives.

Its agreed i never go to the local market otherwises certain traders will add on the Kano tax or at least thats the fears some of my wifes realtives have. As it means i have to watch football on star or have a lie in i don't argue to much

Eljohno
28th March 2008, 21:35
Just before Rhea & i got married she had picked out a wedding ring but when i went to see the ring and pay for it the price went up so we got one elsewhere.

It is quite common to be charged more if you are a foreigner or seen with a foreigner.

fred
29th March 2008, 05:51
Move her into one of my apartments..
I overcharge from the beginning so there is no confusion.
J.J

KeithD
29th March 2008, 09:16
J.J
:icon_lol:

nigel
29th March 2008, 09:21
Increase?? Increase?? How much is this increase?? I haven't noticed a significan't increase in her productivity?? :icon_lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeLSNzEorbI

IainBusby
29th March 2008, 14:01
J.J :xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
29th March 2008, 14:06
J.J

Thats good....be honest from the start!

jimeve
29th March 2008, 14:11
J.J
BRILLIANT :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
29th March 2008, 14:47
nice one Fred

But is your overcharge still a bargian in the eyes of the beholder, that is the secret of making great profits!!

chino
30th March 2008, 09:57
Mabuhay Chino !

She should be looking for a new place as week speak even though i have just x months in advance for water / electric

fred
31st March 2008, 04:16
nice one Fred

But is your overcharge still a bargian in the eyes of the beholder, that is the secret of making great profits!!

My statement was a bit tongue in cheek Scott!!
However we are are a bit more expensive than our local competition.
(and for good reason).
I must say..Its not a bad little business. Not bad at all.

scott&ligaya
31st March 2008, 15:26
No worries Fred, I viewed your apartments and they are worth it, would you like to upgrade my house in Palawan?

fred
1st April 2008, 05:17
would you like to upgrade my house in Palawan?

Are you serious!!
Been looking for a good excuse to go to Palawan for years!

scott&ligaya
1st April 2008, 07:33
Yes Fred, I am but not quite yet. We have just leased it to a korean couple for the next 12 months, at the end of that period we will spend a month there and will almost certainly want to re roof and create a new master bathroom as well as other changes as yet undecided. I have not been really happy with the work we have had done to date( 250 metres of walling/railings, exterrnal painting, some re wiring, fitting of water heaters/aircons etc and new flat roofing/terraces we have over the garage/maids room) which is now beginning to leak again. The entire gutttering system needs to be enlarged and it is possible that the drainage system needs to be revisited so as you can see we have a lot to get done. As you know supervision and material selection are important and I am not an expert in the first of those two and do not wish to spend my vacation standing over a bunch of labourers. Closer to the time perhaps I could fly you over to Puerto and get you picked up by one of my mates and you could do an asssessment/quotation and have a break at the same time, one of our friends run a small hotel there.

fred
1st April 2008, 12:49
Scott.

That really sounds great but you would need to have a chat with our engineer first as you will need some decent plans drawn.
Im not sure it would be necessary for him to visit the site to produce you some drawings in the first instance..
I have no idea if he would work in Palawan or not but if you want his email address let me know..
He is very good.
I will certainly help you if I can..
All I generally require is some cold beer.(for motivation purposes)