PDA

View Full Version : waiting time

bobfe
7th April 2006, 10:46
Anyone know what the current waiting time is in Manila right now?
I noticed others here heard within 9 days. But, we've been waiting for 16 already and the docs are still shown as at British Embassy. Is this anything to worry about or is it just a blip?

Bob

Admin
7th April 2006, 11:29
+7 hrs

walesrob
7th April 2006, 11:42
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Apr 7 2006, 10&#58;46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I noticed others here heard within 9 days. But, we&#39;ve been waiting for 16 already and the docs are still shown as at British Embassy. Is this anything to worry about or is it just a blip?
Bob
[/b][/quote]

I would assume you are referring to the decision on the visa? If so, how long is a piece of string? Some are immediate, some are a few days, few weeks. In Elsa&#39;s case it was 10 days so they could carry out "local checks".

equaliser
7th April 2006, 13:01
Hi Bob

In our case , the documents were collected on March 13th and arrived at the Embassy on the 16th. We got everything back on the 25th of March and were told that Ashley will have interview on April 12th.

Good luck with your application

Brian

Eljohno
7th April 2006, 16:00
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Apr 7 2006, 10&#58;46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I noticed others here heard within 9 days. But, we&#39;ve been waiting for 16 already and the docs are still shown as at British Embassy. Is this anything to worry about or is it just a blip?
Bob
[/b][/quote]

Hi Bob it is too soon to get concerned about the time that it takes but just keep an eye on the ukvacs tracker and when it shows "Despatched" then either way it means that they have sent you an answer by post..

andypaul
7th April 2006, 20:26
Hopefully nothing to worry about.

It maybe that many people have now put in applications as news spread the new system is/was quicker than previously. That and/or some of the Embassy staff are on there Easter Holidays already.

Heres hoping that its good news for you both style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

bobfe
8th April 2006, 11:09
Its 16 days now and still showing "at embassy" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Bob

Pauldo
8th April 2006, 21:03
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Apr 8 2006, 11&#58;09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Its 16 days now and still showing "at embassy" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif
Bob
[/b][/quote]
The old (last month?) CAVA system specified to wait at least 21 days before making any inquiries, so I&#39;d not be in too much of a rush.

When my wife first applied four years ago there was a six month waiting list for settlement interviews, so think yourselves lucky you guys doing it all nowadays style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

ginapeterb
9th April 2006, 10:05
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Apr 8 2006, 09&#58;03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The old (last month?) CAVA system specified to wait at least 21 days before making any inquiries, so I&#39;d not be in too much of a rush.

When my wife first applied four years ago there was a six month waiting list for settlement interviews, so think yourselves lucky you guys doing it all nowadays style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Bofe,

Pauldo is right, you guys like Eljohno and equalizer, and Ivor, and many others, you guys are actually &#39;very lucky indeed&#39; with the system that is in place, I can remember way back in 2000 when a contact of mine, had to wait 9 months for the first available appointment, others have had to wait from 3 months to 6 months, in my own case, we telephoned the &#39;old&#39; CAVA number, and applied for an appointment in Feburary, the earliest they could give us, was June 6th, some 3 months later, so as Pauldo says, dont be unduly perturbed, there has been a mad rush of Euphoria lately, over the speed at which visa applications are being returned, and some applicants are being very leniently dealt with, some applicants and their sponsors, are passing the whole system off at the moment as &#39;a Formality&#39;, ok that may be true in their case, but most of the guys who have been on the Forum a while, no full well, that the system could be changed again in the future, if the political will changes.

For example, the Embassy may receive orders to change the goal posts, and it may not be as easy as it appears to be at the moment, we have heard recently that some are not even being requested to attend for a personal interview, if the sponsor and applicant are lucky enough, not to have to do this, they should just consider themselves fortunate not to have to go through the hassle, of flying to Manila, hanging around outside the Embassy.

For some of you, you have not had to do this.. Rob will tell you, as I would also, that this is not a tea party that you want to attend &#33;, its hot, sweaty, and downright boring, in my own case, I waited from 9am through to 4.30pm in the afternoon, in blistering heat, and to be treated like a dog, at my own embassy, so dont worry too much if it takes a bit longer, every case is different, Im sure in due course the passport and visa will be fine and be returned to you.

And best wishes with it.

Pete

Admin
9th April 2006, 10:31
I think that after all the past problems with the embassy......we should send them some flowers & chocs for there sudden unexpected good work.....they seem to be getting everything right&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

andypaul
9th April 2006, 10:32
Well put Pete, it was a long wait for oursleves we applied back in July 2005 i think if i remeber correctly. The waiting times had dramtically increased and we were given dates of late septemeber to sent in paperwork and early october for the Interview.

But just before the pickup of the paperwork we were told by telephone call that everything had changed and that we had to reapply as the system had changed. Luckily after much panic and rushng round we handed in the paperwork a few days later than we should have.

The system has changed many times and the waiting time has changed greatly.

Its a tough time while waiting for the Embassy to decide on the next step. I wish you all the best and hope the news is good for you both.

bobfe
26th April 2006, 12:41
Ok we heard today 34 days after applying. Would you believe fe got visa without interview?
Yes we met on Net too&#33;&#33;
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

A few things.
First: they returned everything , didnt even keep the copies.
Second: there was no letter with the docs just the passport with visa.
Three: Nothing about her interview about life in the UK. Does she have to have that?

I want to get back to uk asap.

Bob

ivor&mel
26th April 2006, 13:22
Ok we heard today 34 days after applying. Would you believe fe got visa without interview?
Yes we met on Net too!!
:D

A few things.
Three: Nothing about her interview about life in the UK. Does she have to have that?

Bob

Congratulations to you both! :) And as for the "interview about life in the UK. Does she have to have that?", I asume you mean the CFO process? Yes she does - if she wants to get out of the country! She has a choice of doing it either in Manila or in Cebu; Mel had hers in Cebu and I was there with her: it's pretty straightforward and nothing to worry about. There have been several posts in the forum about it: basically, just provide your docs, photos - and money of course :)

Ivor and Mel

Pauldo
26th April 2006, 16:05
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Apr 9 2006, 10&#58;05 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
For some of you, you have not had to do this.. Rob will tell you, as I would also, that this is not a tea party that you want to attend &#33;, its hot, sweaty, and downright boring, in my own case, I waited from 9am through to 4.30pm in the afternoon, in blistering heat, and to be treated like a dog, at my own embassy, so dont worry too much if it takes a bit longer, every case is different, Im sure in due course the passport and visa will be fine and be returned to you.

And best wishes with it.

Pete
[/b][/quote]
Some of you have heard this already, but I&#39;ll drone on to put the newbies to sleep style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif

For my wifes first tourist visa application we were advised by a friend to get to the embassy the night before, to ensure a place somewhere near the front of the queue&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; This was back in 2000 I think.

We got their at 11pm, after an evening out at Hard Rock Cafe, and there were already fifteen people queueing up. After a few quiet and discreet words with the security guard we agreed on 1000 pesos for him to save us a space until morning. We went back at 7am and sure enough, there on the ground was a row of stones, each one with a piece of paper under it with a name on. A dozen or so people had done what we had.

We obviously got in right at the head of the queue, but still sat around inside for a couple of hours before we could make the application. Visa was granted after a few minutes chat with the nice English lady at the counter.

Two years later we did the same for the settlelement visa. This time we were told that no spaces could be saved, you had to physically show your face to be in the queue. So, at 3am my wife made the trek across the road from the hotel (100 yards, by hotel taxi, for safety) to blag a space in the queue. Being a gentleman I stayed in bed looking after our nine month old daughter, but we went down at 7 am to join in the fun. It was already halfway down the street, dozens and dozens of people queuing up&#33;&#33;

Then the fun started, as some clown came out and started making us all queue up in different queues, seamen, maids, tourists,etc, places were lost, people pushed in, arguments ensued, fisticuffs was discussed&#33; I made for the front door and demanded to be let in. A prat of a guard told me I had to wait in the queue with all the others, but I pointed out I was a Brit, so was my daughter, and we demand to be let into OUR embassy, NOW.

Another, friendlier, guard stepped in at that point and said my daughter and I could go in. Then he asked where my wife was. I told him she was outside queueing up in the sun. So he made the ar&#036;ehole guard go outside and get her, and then let us in together, front of the queue, first up to the embassy that day&#33;

One thing I was a bit surprised at (or maybe not surprised really) was that there were Filipinos in the embassy filling in application forms while they waited, and asking me and my wife questions on how to make the application. Talk about lack of planning and forethought&#33;&#33;&#33;???

andypaul
26th April 2006, 19:19
Pauldo like you say, its amazing the lack of planning some people do for such a big thing.

Yesterday at the french Embassy people were turning up with out Passports or appointments, this lack of planning also happened at the CFO in Manila. Women not knowing there Boyfriend/Husbands full name or where they live. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

Pauldo
26th April 2006, 19:37
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Apr 26 2006, 07&#58;19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Pauldo like you say, its amazing the lack of planning some people do for such a big thing.

Yesterday at the french Embassy people were turning up with out Passports or appointments, this lack of planning also happened at the CFO in Manila. Women not knowing there Boyfriend/Husbands full name or where they live. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif
[/b][/quote]

I had the fun of sitting in the embassy waiting to collect my wifes visa and hearing/seeing an old guy discover that his young and innocent bride was already secretly married to a Filipino, unbeknownst to her latest hubby. There was screaming and shouting and tears and all the good stuff. The girl stormed out, then heartbroken husband hobbled out, poor old bugger, and life went on.

Eljohno
27th April 2006, 04:19
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Apr 26 2006, 12&#58;41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes we met on Net too&#33;&#33;
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

A few things.

Bob
[/b][/quote]

Great news Bob,

i am happy that you now have the visa and as it has already been said make sure you girlfriend or wife goes to the CFO as she will not get out of the Philippines unless she does...

bobfe
30th April 2006, 11:32
We got the cfo sorted but there&#39;s a lot of travelling to and fro between offices.
They asked for a picture of us together and some docs re my divorce at the counselling place.
I think Ill reserve my comments about this further beaurocratic hurdle until we are in UK.

Bob style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif

walesrob
30th April 2006, 13:06
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Apr 30 2006, 11&#58;32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We got the cfo sorted but there&#39;s a lot of travelling to and fro between offices.
They asked for a picture of us together and some docs re my divorce at the counselling place.
I think Ill reserve my comments about this further beaurocratic hurdle until we are in UK.

Bob style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif
[/b][/quote]

Bob, your almost there, believe me it will be worth all the hassle. I remember doing exactly the same thing with Elsa, going from office to office getting this stamped, that stamped, then getting sent back to this office again and back to this office arrrrggggghhhhhhh style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

andypaul
30th April 2006, 14:37
Just keep cool and hold on. Like many others have set on this site before your look back on all the chasing round etc and will seem not so bad.

But yes at the time it did seem just a little bonkers.

ivor&mel
30th April 2006, 17:38
We got the cfo sorted but there's a lot of travelling to and fro between offices.

Bob :Hellooo:

If you have the CFO, then you're past all the hurdles. Just get on a plane together and don't look back!

Ivor and Mel

Admin
30th April 2006, 19:23
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; Apr 30 2006, 05&#58;38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you have the CFO, then you&#39;re past all the hurdles. Just get on a plane together and don&#39;t look back&#33;

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

Especially if the tail fin falls off style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

andypot
16th May 2006, 23:06
Bob
[/b][/quote]
my friend was told last week that they would have to wait 12 days