PDA

View Full Version : IT /SAP Prof

lavander
27th March 2008, 04:33
Dear All,
Am currently working here in Singapore for 5yrs and holding a resident status. Am pursuing to look for oppurtunity to work in UK and maybe settled later on.

My line of expertise is on IT specifically in SAP,been working for 12 yrs in IT field and the last 9 yrs has been focus to SAP.

I have tried applying on line but most of the time i was turned down even qualification wise am fit to the requirement but the company is not willing to sponsor my work visa...

Am taking my chance that through this channel and with the help of all you guys here on this forum, i can proceed further with my dream....

Many Thanks in advance and God Bless

Lavander ;)

chino
27th March 2008, 09:10
To be honest you will find it hard to find a job online as they want you in the UK with a visa....

Good money working with SAP though :D

Good luck

KeithD
27th March 2008, 09:41
:yikes: Don't be stupid. Stay in Singapore for Gods sake :doh

You want to come to the UK for bad weather, high crime, loads of smackheads, no justice system, extremely high taxes (You'd be on 50%+), housing that costs £500 a brick........We'are all trying to get out.......

On top of that, unless you are holding a Polish passport, and are good with pipes, you're unlikely to get in :D

joebloggs
27th March 2008, 12:22
if you've got at least a degree, are young (less than 30) and you've had a good paid job then you could try HSMP, if not only way is for an employer to apply for a work permit for you.:NoNo:

andypaul
27th March 2008, 18:49
I would look in Asia the IT market in the UK is swamped with people from all over the world already and most already hold a visa or have residency for the UK of some sort.
Also the only IT job market in the UK expanding it seems is the education market and again all those not already in the UK regaining contracts in IT are looking into it.

A mate told me for i think it is PCGE the qual you need for teaching their were 30 spaces and over 400 applications!! Thats just in one college in London. Most on the course were IT trained people trying to move ship (although i suspect many are paper mcses whose compentices are not well regarded in the market)

Keep trying as SAP jobs are advertised quite regularly and i know many of our customers use it.

There are many Singapore based companies we deal with in London so may be better to use that route of getting the company to send you over rather than applying for one here.

Good luck with the Job Hunt but there seems to be far more growth in the Asia IT market at the mo than the UK one.

lavander
28th March 2008, 08:16
Dear All,
Much thanks for all the reply, i am eager to try UK since ages, but have'nt got the right employer maybe...

In case your resp co has requirement such in my line of expertise and are willing to sponsor, then a buzz to me is big help...

Thanks again.. Ingat lagi kayo jan..

Lavander