PDA

View Full Version : Finally it's farewell..

Eljohno
2nd April 2006, 18:29
It is hard to believe that when both Rhea & myself decided that we were going to spend the rest of our lives together last May that it has now come down to tomorrow when i head away to spend 3 weeks then return home here to Ireland with my beautiful friend&wife.

We have spent many conversations on the phone since last May talking about preparing for the Wedding etc.
I cannot count the amount of times we chatted online probably 2-4 times a week for nearly a year, i always was glad that we could chat and use the webcam but it was frustrating having to say goodbye sooooo many times.

Then there was the evidence of nearly every online chat, phone cards, plane tickets, hotel receipts, gift receipts, deeds of my house, wage slips, bank statements, birth cert, western union receipts etc etc etc.

Then there was the saving for each trip and the wedding or in my case for the first time i got and was thankful i had a visa card as i always said i would never use one but in the end it came to the rescue.

Then there was the trip last November for the wedding( i do not think us guys ever really understand how much work our amazing wives go to) followed by the honeymoon and then yet again we had to part.

The hardest part for me was the period from the wedding trip until now coz finally we were married but now it was the waiting time until we applied for and got the visa.

But as i started out saying finally that day has come were tomorrow after work i fly to London, spend one night in a hotel then fly at 11am on Tuesday and arrive at Cebu airport at 18.55 Philippines time.

Would i do it all over again?

Without a question YES for sure!!!!

So if you are about to start this whole process or you are in the middle of it, HOLD TIGHT. It will be so worth it in the end. I have received so much help from the Moderators & members from this forum who once again i thank, and you will also!!

Goodbye for now...

John

equaliser
3rd April 2006, 00:16
Have a safe journey John. Hope you have a great time over there. I hope to be doing the same thing in July.

Best wishes

Brian

ginapeterb
3rd April 2006, 14:58
John,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>But as i started out saying finally that day has come were tomorrow after work i fly to London, spend one night in a hotel then fly at 11am on Tuesday and arrive at Cebu airport at 18.55 Philippines time. [/b][/quote]

Lucky git, stop rubbing our noses in it &#33;, your making us jealous, hahahahaha, go on, go and enjoy the fruits of love, we all know what you are thinking,

GIT &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Take care, see you back soon, have a good trip.

Pete and Gina

Admin
3rd April 2006, 19:07
Way too much horizontal exercising going on around here style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/NoNo.gif

mupsuit
3rd April 2006, 19:23
John

A suggestion

When in the Philippines buy your wife a KOK set from Magic-mike (or is it Magic-Sing)

It has a lot of PI photos plus Tagalog songs

Shamrockdave2003
5th April 2006, 09:01
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 3 2006, 07&#58;23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
John

A suggestion

When in the Philippines buy your wife a KOK set from Magic-mike (or is it Magic-Sing)

It has a lot of PI photos plus Tagalog songs
[/b][/quote]

Good luck mate&#33;

Your so lucky.

I still have to propose yet

Admin
5th April 2006, 09:09
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shamrockdave2003 &#064; Apr 5 2006, 09&#58;01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
I wouldn&#39;t worry about that, haven&#39;t heard of one that said NO&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif

ginapeterb
5th April 2006, 17:50
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Apr 5 2006, 09&#58;09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wouldn&#39;t worry about that, haven&#39;t heard of one that said NO&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif
[/b][/quote]

They normally say " Where is my 14 carat Italian Gold engagement ring with diamond ?" don&#39;t think you are getting me on the cheap &#33;&#33;&#33;

And they it doesnt take them long to find what they want &#33;

Pete

Admin
5th April 2006, 18:27
Only 14ct style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif Mine goes for nothing less than 18ct style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

mupsuit
5th April 2006, 19:18
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shamrockdave2003 &#064; Apr 5 2006, 09&#58;01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

when I proposed to my girl - I got all of her immediate adult family in the same room - and popped the question - she was too embarrased to say no &#33;&#33;

You can try this also as her family will give every encouagement &#33;&#33;

Eljohno
6th April 2006, 04:43
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 5 2006, 07&#58;18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
when I proposed to my girl - I got all of her immediate adult family in the same room - and popped the question - she was too embarrased to say no &#33;&#33;

[/b][/quote]

Hello from Cebu&#33;&#33;&#33;

I had to do the same thing and even though i knew the answer was going to be yes it was still a nerve wrecking moment&#33;&#33;

john

mupsuit
6th April 2006, 07:30
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 6 2006, 04&#58;43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
john
[/b][/quote]

Glad to see you made it - Enjoy the sunshine

NI - is "enjoying" rain today and it is forecast for the next few days

so add Wellington Boots to the list of things to buy for your bride

all the very best as you both prepare

walesrob
6th April 2006, 09:33
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 6 2006, 04&#58;43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

John, hope your enjoying yourself out there, bring back some of that beautiful Filipino weather when you return, its freezing here style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Good luck with the trip, I remember when I got Elsa back home to Wales, it was a giant relief that it was all over, no more 12 hour flights, Manila taxis, baggage label inspectors, or dealing with what has to be the friendliest British Embassy in the world style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Irelandken
6th April 2006, 12:52
Good luck with the trip John. Your good lady is in for a shock when she arrives with the weather we&#39;ve been getting, -1 at night and chucking it down all day style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif ..I&#39;ve only 10 days to go before i get to manila myself. Will catch up with you again when we both get home. Enjoy the time there.......

truelove26
6th April 2006, 14:10
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Irelandken &#064; Apr 6 2006, 12&#58;52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good luck with the trip John. Your good lady is in for a shock when she arrives with the weather we&#39;ve been getting, -1 at night and chucking it down all day style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif ..I&#39;ve only 10 days to go before i get to manila myself. Will catch up with you again when we both get home. Enjoy the time there.......
[/b][/quote]
good luck john...im so pleased to know that finally the long wait is over..im happy for rhea too as weve became friends here in this forum...i cant wiat to hear from hear again about your holiday togetehr and the time that she is finally here...she might be saying,very very cold hahhahaha&#33;&#33;my husband would say that it was my famous line since i arrived here last december..once again enjoy your time and good luck to all of you guys who are still in the process of application....believe me its worth the wait&#33;&#33;&#33;

truelove26

Eljohno
6th April 2006, 15:07
[quote name=&#39;walesrob&#39; date=&#39;Apr 6 2006, 09:33 AM&#39; post=&#39;5202&#39;]
John, hope your enjoying yourself out there, bring back some of that beautiful Filipino weather when you return, its freezing here style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Never mind bringing the Philippines weather there, i actually brought the Irish weather over here aghh&#33;&#33;

It has been raining a good part of the day and so far the sun has been shy and does not want to come out.

On my way here i stopped at Doha in Qatar, there is not a lot there and it was very overcrowded(1 seat for every 3 people) and small.
I was a little disappointed with it when i compare it with one of the best airports in the world which is Singapore. On my way back as i have just noticed on my ticket my wait for my next flight in Doha is 15 hours style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

But thankfully i will have Rhea with me...

ivor&mel
6th April 2006, 16:38
Good luck John. Oh to be in England now that April's there? Forget it! I want sunshine again! Even if it means enduring Doha "airport". Hmmm... maybe not :) I see you have discovered that the airport is still very much "under construction"! We only had 1 hour there on our way back here, but that was enough for me. So small and crowded - there were 4 flights scheduled for the same time as ours, and that whole circular concourse was jam-packed. I've no complaints about Qatar Airways themselves - I found the flights good. But once you've experienced Changi, no other airport measures up. Hope you will let us know how to pass 15 hours at Doha without going insane :)

Ivor and Mel

walesrob
6th April 2006, 22:26
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; Apr 6 2006, 04&#58;38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hope you will let us know how to pass 15 hours at Doha without going insane style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

The latest I&#39;ve heard is that there will be a new terminal opening next year (or at least part of it) - a look at Airline Quality (http://www.airlinequality.com/) shows the current terminal is way past its sell by date, but they are frantically adding bits to it. Heres the full press release from Doha Airport http://www.dohaairport.com/0.4.0.0.1.0.htm

In 2003 Doha International Airport and the Government of the State of Qatar announced a masterplan for a new &#036;2 billion Doha International Airport to be built to the east of the current airport. The following year construction began on the new state-of-the art Airport. When completed, it will have two parallel runways and an estimated capacity to handle and process nearly 12 million passengers every year. The terminal will have 24 contact gates in the first phase and will accommodate up to six A380-800 Super Jumbos when fully developed. The complex will also include three high-star classification hotels for the convenience of visitors.

Until the new airport is opened, the existing airport will be significantly upgraded to handle the increase in passenger growth.
When the new airport does open, it will position Qatar as a leading regional aviation hub. The 2,200-hectare airport site will be developed in three phases, with work on phase one begun in 2004 and final completion of the ultimate development scheduled for 2015.
©2004 Doha Airport

I can see it rivalling Dubai and other Middle East countries as a hub for Qatar, even more so once the A380s start service.

Pauldo
8th April 2006, 21:07
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 5 2006, 07&#58;18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I didn&#39;t actually propose to my wife, it was more of a misundestanding in an e mail when I was away at sea. She replied telling me she would love to marry me and she was so glad I&#39;d asked and she would love me forever yada yada style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

I&#39;m still not sure exactly what I&#39;d said that she misunderstood so terribly, but it was too late then, I didn&#39;t have the heart to tell her the truth.
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
And now, six years later, we&#39;re still together.

Admin
9th April 2006, 10:41
That&#39;ll teach you for not learning her language style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

ervenescence
9th April 2006, 11:06
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Apr 8 2006, 09&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I didn&#39;t actually propose to my wife, it was more of a misundestanding in an e mail when I was away at sea. She replied telling me she would love to marry me and she was so glad I&#39;d asked and she would love me forever yada yada style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

I&#39;m still not sure exactly what I&#39;d said that she misunderstood so terribly, but it was too late then, I didn&#39;t have the heart to tell her the truth.
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
And now, six years later, we&#39;re still together.
[/b][/quote]

Haha good one. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
It could be one of you was drunk but its good then because those misunderstood was leading to marriage.
Wow, its good to have six years together isn&#39;t it?

Admin
9th April 2006, 12:52
I&#39;ve been married 6 years now.....feels like 66 style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Joey
11th April 2006, 13:23
I&#39;m coming up on my 15th anniversary next month&#33; My wife doesn&#39;t remember me asking her to marry me at all. She just noticed I was preparing, and went along. I&#39;m still waiting to hear someone complain that I married a woman so much younger than me. She&#39;s 50 days older, but looks are deceiving&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

fred
20th April 2006, 09:54
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joey &#064; Apr 11 2006, 01&#58;23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I&#39;m coming up on my 15th anniversary next month&#33; My wife doesn&#39;t remember me asking her to marry me at all. She just noticed I was preparing, and went along. I&#39;m still waiting to hear someone complain that I married a woman so much younger than me. She&#39;s 50 days older, but looks are deceiving&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

I know the feeling.. Im 43 and the Mrs is 40.
Problem is,I look 46 and she looks 25. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Admin
20th April 2006, 10:28
I&#39;m 40, mine is 10 years older, and she keeps getting told she&#39;s 30 style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

dave65
20th April 2006, 14:35
Hmm ...oh dear&#33;&#33;&#33; not sure what people will say of jas and i since ive hit 40 and shes 28, (apart frrom calling me a lucky git) coz she is stunning style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Admin
20th April 2006, 19:28
....course your lucky....having a cute filipino to push you down the pub, change your nappies, wipe of the dribbles in a few years style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Pauldo
22nd April 2006, 23:35
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Apr 20 2006, 07&#58;28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
....course your lucky....having a cute filipino to push you down the pub, change your nappies, wipe of the dribbles in a few years style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif
[/b][/quote]

LMAOOL style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

I&#39;m 46, my wife is 31, or was it 32, and her birthday is on June 2nd, or was it May 2nd.....? Jeez, I&#39;m in trouble again now style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

We&#39;ve been together 11 1/2 years now, but we never got married for a while, due to my stubborness and lack of interest really. I gave up drinking soon after we met, which was probably the most sensible thing I have done in my life style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Eljohno
30th April 2006, 16:52
Well finally both Rhea & I are back here in N.Ireland&#33;&#33;

We arrived back yesterday about 4pm after the long travel. Qatar Airlines came good for us as we were finally given a hotel to stay at by them so that we did not have to spend 15 hours at the Airport. They even provided two meals for us at the Hotel in Doha.

It seems weird now that Rhea is actually here with me and i know it will take time for her to get used to everything but we will enjoy the journey together.

For those still going through the process just keep going as everyone will tell you it is so worth all the effort.

John

ivor&mel
30th April 2006, 17:36
Well finally both Rhea & I are back here in N.Ireland!!

We arrived back yesterday about 4pm after the long travel. Qatar Airlines came good for us as we were finally given a hotel to stay at by them so that we did not have to spend 15 hours at the Airport. They even provided two meals for us at the Hotel in Doha.

It seems weird now that Rhea is actually here with me and i know it will take time for her to get used to everything but we will enjoy the journey together.

For those still going through the process just keep going as everyone will tell you it is so worth all the effort.
John

Welcome Rhea, and welcome back John :)

Glad your experience of Qatar was positive. Strangely enough, we were talking to a Filipina friend here in Sheffield this afternoon, and I was telling her that you were going to have to endure 15 hours in Doha airport. She said it would be no problem - she had a 7 hour wait and they provided her with a hotel. That's excellent customer service - hope they keep it up. I'll certainly have no qualms about flying with them again now.

Ivor and Mel

Admin
30th April 2006, 19:22
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif Hello Rhea......

Great place this part of the world.......which is why we can&#39;t wait to get back to Asia on the 10th May style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

andypaul
30th April 2006, 20:28
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 30 2006, 04&#58;52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well finally both Rhea & I are back here in N.Ireland&#33;&#33;

John
[/b][/quote]

Welcome Rhea and John now you see with your last statment, what those who are just little ahead of you both on the journey were saying:D

equaliser
1st May 2006, 01:19
Hi John and Rhea

Great to see you back. I hope Rhea finds Northern Ireland a friendly place. I will be bringing Ashley here in about 8 weeks time.

Best of luck

Brian

truelove26
1st May 2006, 11:22
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; May 1 2006, 01&#58;19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi John and Rhea

Great to see you back. I hope Rhea finds Northern Ireland a friendly place. I will be bringing Ashley here in about 8 weeks time.

Best of luck

Brian
[/b][/quote]
hi john ang dai rhea&#33;welcome to uk&#33;&#33;&#33;cant wait to make tsika with you&#33;&#33;

truelove 26

walesrob
1st May 2006, 12:00
Welcome home to John and Rhea style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

mupsuit
1st May 2006, 20:13
Yes welcome home to you both

Hope you had previously purchased an electric blanket &#33;&#33;

Eljohno
1st May 2006, 22:53
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; May 1 2006, 08&#58;13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes welcome home to you both

Hope you had previously purchased an electric blanket &#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

That is one thing i did forget to get and now i have to get used to sleeping beside someone who wears more clothes than i normally wear on a winters day style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Admin
2nd May 2006, 08:21
I got a split electric blanket, they can have there side on, while our side is off. It&#39;s bloody GREAT style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Got it from Argos yonks ago.

You can also get split duvets, with higher tog on one side. Must have been designed by a filipino&#33;

ginapeterb
8th May 2006, 15:26
Yeheyyyyyyy

Welcome back John and Rhea from the land of sun sand sangria ??? and ss.....and cute babes, congratulations glad to hear you are finally back, sorry Gina and I have not checked in recently, during last few weeks, we have been engaged in other matters, and at present have no internet access &#33;, hmmm someone call BT and ask them to lay trunk cables please, we should be back and up and running in next 2 weeks, but here I am checking in from your friendly local library, take care Rhea and John, hope to join back in with the forum soon, at present its very frustrating, finally

[size=6]Welcome to UK Rhea, by the way proceed directly to the Chinese warehouse for all your local needs[size=1]

Best wishes

Gina n Pete

Shamrockdave2003
8th May 2006, 19:13
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; May 8 2006, 03&#58;26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeheyyyyyyy
Welcome back John and Rhea from the land of sun sand sangria ??? and ss.....and cute babes, congratulations glad to hear you are finally back, sorry Gina and I have not checked in recently, during last few weeks, we have been engaged in other matters, and at present have no internet access &#33;, hmmm someone call BT and ask them to lay trunk cables please, we should be back and up and running in next 2 weeks, but here I am checking in from your friendly local library, take care Rhea and John, hope to join back in with the forum soon, at present its very frustrating, finally
[size=6]Welcome to UK Rhea, by the way proceed directly to the Chinese warehouse for all your local needs[size=1]

Best wishes
Gina n Pete
[/b][/quote]

Good luck to you both

Show her the green glens of Antrim style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Eljohno
8th May 2006, 20:44
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; May 8 2006, 03&#58;26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeheyyyyyyy

Best wishes
Gina n Pete
[/b][/quote]

Hi Pete,

it is good to hear from you and i look forward to chatting more when you get back online again as you are both missed very much and tut tut for leaving a scouser in charge( ha ha only joking keith)

Rhea is settling in well and will post her experience very soon.

John

Hunter3513
9th May 2006, 10:14
Well, welcome home. Im sure your happy to be back home with all the main visa behind you now. Time to settledown and relax. Best wishes.

Admin
9th May 2006, 10:19
I&#39;m starting not to like Eljohno, where did you say your video was? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif