PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from the Philippines!

Frances
21st March 2008, 14:06
Hi I'm Frances I have been a member since February 5,2008.
I've never posted anything until now.
I recently got engage to my British boyfriend and we are applying for Fiancee visa.
I found this site very informative.
Thank you and more power! :)

kimmi
21st March 2008, 14:07
welcome Frances..just keep on posting and reading threads here, I am sure u will find here all the information u need for ur application..:)

Frances
21st March 2008, 14:17
Thank you Kimmi!

andypaul
21st March 2008, 18:33
Welcome so where is your boyfriend from in the Uk and where are you from in Phill?

mavid
21st March 2008, 19:51
welcome frances

Frances
21st March 2008, 22:19
Hello! My boyfriend is from Somerset and I'm from Mindanao.

Frances
21st March 2008, 22:20
Thank you mavid!

andypaul
21st March 2008, 23:30

Wow the West country a beautiful part of the UK.

Don't forget to join in the Chat and ask lots of questions always best to be well prepared both for your application and for whats ahead when you move to the UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Frances
22nd March 2008, 09:01
Yes i will remember that andypaul.
Right now were gathering all the requirements.
I hope i wont forget anything.
Thank you. :)

ginapeterb
22nd March 2008, 09:11
Frances, welcome to the Forum, so you will go to live in Somerset, a very nice part of the UK, very scenic, don't forget to check on things you will want to bring, because I am not sure how well served Somerset is with Filipino things.

Especially Datu Puti Vinegar and Pancit Canton, hehehehehe, but good luck with your paperwork gathering, and don't forget to have a good luck at what type of car you will have when you arrive in country, because its always a good help to the prospective husband if you know which car you will like.

Husbands in Uk tend to want to make sure you have the right colour and model, if you drive, so don't forget to attend to that whilst you are researching.

Best of Luck.

Sim11UK
22nd March 2008, 22:07

Hello Frances, I live in North Somerset & my lady friend lives in Cagayan de oro City...Seems we have things in common.

Good luck! with all your plans. :)

walesrob
22nd March 2008, 22:13
I live in North Somerset

I used to live in North Somerset, Clevedon to be exact. Looking at your avatar your from Weston? I still have a bit of the "Bris'ol" accent even now. Don't ask why I ended up in Wales though....

Sim11UK
22nd March 2008, 22:58
I used to live in North Somerset, Clevedon to be exact. Looking at your avatar your from Weston? I still have a bit of the "Bris'ol" accent even now. Don't ask why I ended up in Wales though....

Hello Rob

Well spotted, my avatar is a photo taken a couple of weeks ago at Knightstone Island, looking across Weston super Mare.

I don't live in Weston....Guess where I live???.....yep! you guessed it sunny Clevedon. Should have a picture of Clevedon Pier, on my avatar shouldn't I.
I doubt much has changed, from when you were here? It stays pretty much the same, but I kinda like it.

Cheers! Sim :)

walesrob
22nd March 2008, 23:04
Hello Rob

you guessed it sunny Clevedon.

We used to live in Victoria Road (don't tell me you live there as well!!).

Mum used to run the old Mount Pleasant nursing home, but it closed years ago, its all been converted to flats now so I've been told. We left in 1988, I should really make an effort to get down to Clevedon one day, still in contact with some old schoolfriends.

The Pier is still standing then? :D

Sim11UK
22nd March 2008, 23:15
No I don't live in Victoria road, but know it well. :D
I've lived in several places, around the town, living here since the age of 4.
Went through the education system here.
Looking at your avatar, you do look slightly familiar?

walesrob
22nd March 2008, 23:40
Looking at your avatar, you do look slightly familiar?

Face like a smacked :censored:? :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
23rd March 2008, 00:34
Face like a smacked :censored:? :icon_lol:

That'd be it! :D

I don't have any dirt on you though? so relax... :xxanimal-smiley-085

walesrob
23rd March 2008, 00:44
That'd be it! :D

I don't have any dirt on you though? so relax... :xxanimal-smiley-085

Sim, I tried to send you a PM, but you have messaging turned off, maybe we could chat off-forum sometime.

KeithD
23rd March 2008, 10:06
Sim, I tried to send you a PM, but you have messaging turned off, maybe we could chat off-forum sometime.
It's not turned on until they have about 75 posts + Rep these days.

KeithD
23rd March 2008, 10:07
I guess Rob didn't understand the rule on circumventing the swear filter so here it is in Welsh.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY :xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
23rd March 2008, 11:40
I guess Rob didn't understand the rule on circumventing the swear filter so here it is in Welsh.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No, thats Welsh for "Scouser" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Blimey thats a first, you editing MY posts...:omg:

KeithD
23rd March 2008, 11:43
Blimey thats a first, you editing MY posts...:omg:

I edit quite a lot to make you look like a moron (not much help needed though :D).....you just don't notice :rolleyes:

walesrob
23rd March 2008, 11:47
I edit quite a lot to make you look like a moron (not much help needed though :D).....you just don't notice :rolleyes:

Why aren't you out there doing what you should be doing - y'know stealing car radios, that sort of thing :rolleyes::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
23rd March 2008, 12:19
Why aren't you out there doing what you should be doing - y'know stealing car radios, that sort of thing :rolleyes::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Preparing myself for whacking ManU 3-1 :D

...besides....it's watches....not radios :rolleyes:

tiger@tigress
23rd March 2008, 21:52
welcome Frances... and goodluck...

Sim11UK
24th March 2008, 07:49

Hello Rob
Wasn't avoiding you, was out all day yesterday. As the big Boss says I don't have messaging. I fully intend to be on here regularly, so I'm sure we'll catch up. In the meantime..."Have a nice day!" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

...And hello again Frances, since we've hi-jacked your thread :)

Frances
10th April 2008, 14:04
Hello Sim11UK!
Definitely we have something in common.
Good luck to you too!

aug06_2006
10th April 2008, 14:24
Hi! Frances, welcome to the forum. Which part of Mindanao did u live.. me, from Mindanao also in Bukidnon. Anyway, good luck!

IainBusby
10th April 2008, 14:36
Hi! Frances, welcome to the forum. Which part of Mindanao did u live.. me, from Mindanao also in Bukidnon. Anyway, good luck!

My wife comes from in Bukidnon as well, Damilag to be precise.

Iain.

Alan
11th April 2008, 02:53
Do they still make good cider in Somerset?

Al.:)

aromulus
11th April 2008, 07:22

"Cider" and "good" are words that don't go well together at all.:Erm:
"Good battery acid" is what you must have meant.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Welcome aboard Frances. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
11th April 2008, 09:49
Hi Frances! Welcome to the family, though I've read you've been part of it since Feb. I hope the welcome bit isn't too late. I've lived in Bukidnon for a few years when in College and used to frequent myself in Lim Kit Kai. Reading the girls' posts makes me nostalgic. Welcome!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
11th April 2008, 20:33

They do, but I don't touch it...had a bad experience with it, when I was younger :NEW1: :Cuckoo:
Don't eat peanuts at the same time too...not a pretty site, believe me.

There's a warning to you Frances :)

Frances
23rd April 2008, 13:44
hello Aug06_2006

I will be submitting my application nextweek.
Best regards

kimmi
23rd April 2008, 13:46
Goodluck sis,,:)

Frances
23rd April 2008, 13:46
Thank you gracia143

Frances
23rd April 2008, 13:48
Thanks kimmi

My fiance is frantic he totally forgot to send his birth certificate,he send one in the post but i dont think Im gonna get it on time.Do you think a scanned birth certificate will do?

kimmi
23rd April 2008, 13:50
are u Philip's fiancee?

Frances
23rd April 2008, 13:51
thanks aromulus!

Frances
23rd April 2008, 13:51
Yes I am : )

kimmi
23rd April 2008, 13:52
sis have u read our reply on his post?make sure u have it before u submit ur application..scanned copy is ok..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
23rd April 2008, 13:52
Hi Frances, welcome and goodluck on your application. I also had my fiance's birth certificate scanned. It's the same as the original just have it colored.

jencha8569
23rd April 2008, 13:55
Hi I'm Frances I have been a member since February 5,2008.
I've never posted anything until now.
I recently got engage to my British boyfriend and we are applying for Fiancee visa.
I found this site very informative.
Thank you and more power! :)

welcome to the forum frances.
u will find many things here just like me
good luck in ur search

Frances
23rd April 2008, 13:57
hi Alan

I have no idea,my boyfriend sent me cider last January until now I have not received it.We dont know what happen to the box he sent.I will let you know when Ive tasted it.

Frances
23rd April 2008, 13:58
Thanks kimmi and itsme_iye!

kimmi
23rd April 2008, 14:00
Goodluck on ur application sis..just make sure u double check everything to be sure all documents needed is in there..:)

GOD Bless..

Frances
23rd April 2008, 14:00
Thanks tiger@tigress

jencha8569
23rd April 2008, 14:03
warmest welcome frances.
good luck and best wishes

Frances
23rd April 2008, 14:03
Yes I will Kimmi.
God bless you

chino
23rd April 2008, 14:04
welcome and good luck!

Piamed
23rd April 2008, 14:41
Welcome Frances.

We alll suggested that you wait for the replacement birth certificate and that you perhaps try filling out a form completely first so as to address any errors, then copying the details on a 'clean' form.

Wish you the best with your application. Let us know your experience. My wife is a few days behind you in the process.

T

melmart
23rd April 2008, 16:38
hello frances welcome to the forum! its wonderful to hear that your engaged and your coming over here to the uk! so when is the big day have u got any month when will it be? hope everything will be fine with your application.best of luck!