PDA

View Full Version : recruitment agencies in North East England

cruisingkerry
18th March 2008, 21:48
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a temporary basis in a recruitment agency doing the admin work for them up here in the North East, and I can tell you that they are desperately looking for genuine people to do factory/warehouse work. They recruit for a huge amount of the big factories in the County Durham area. It does help if you have production experience but if you are just willing to work hard and be flexible most times thats enough to get you a start.

The agency employs loads of Polish people but I haven't even seen 1 Filipino on the books and belive me I would know because I have had to input all of the details onto the computer - along and arduous task I can tell you!

So if you are in the North East, specially County Durham and are seriously looking for work I could give you the details.

I promise you that this is not a scam! its just that I have been reading posts of people looking for work and have seen the other side from the agency point of view and think they could do really well by tapping into the UK Filipino workforce.

Hope this wwill be helpful for someone out there!

Kerry xx

KeithD
19th March 2008, 10:20
The agency employs loads of Polish people but I haven't even seen 1 Filipino on the books and belive me I would know because I have had to input all of the details onto the computer - along and arduous task I can tell you!

Probably because it's only the Polish who'll take such low level jobs, and Filipino's in this country want something respectable other than spending 8hrs a day packaging tripe :NoNo:

andypaul
19th March 2008, 10:36
Probably because it's only the Polish who'll take such low level jobs, and Filipino's in this country want something respectable other than spending 8hrs a day packaging tripe :NoNo:

I guess those packing the tripe prefer it to some of the tasks involved in caring for example or being bossed around in a hotel as i see:NoNo: horses for courses

joebloggs
19th March 2008, 12:31
:xxgrinning--00xx3: andy,

working in a factory is better than wiping old timers :action-smiley-081: all day :NoNo:

and why you will not see many filipinos, is becuase many here are nurses, and thier partners have to find a job working in the evenings or night time, becuase they can't afford to pay £500+ month childcare :cwm24:

pennybarry
1st May 2008, 09:34
May I know the name of you agency please? I may apply for a job after I finished my courses:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
1st May 2008, 09:37
:xxgrinning--00xx3: andy,

working in a factory is better than wiping old timers :action-smiley-081: all day :NoNo:

and why you will not see many filipinos, is becuase many here are nurses, and thier partners have to find a job working in the evenings or night time, becuase they can't afford to pay £500+ month childcare :cwm24:

I can wipe but cannot stand the smell:omg:. Just joking! Can get used to it maybe:D
££££££