PDA

View Full Version : how do you keep a women happy

poss30
16th March 2008, 23:22
im all ears

IainBusby
17th March 2008, 09:09
In my experience, women are never happy for long. Women seem to be target based and are always focused on the next target in their list, be it a new dress, a new kitchen, or even a washing machine or something else for her mum back in Phils. The best you can do is to let them know that everything is on target and all things come to those who wait. :NoNo::doh:cwm3:

scott&ligaya
17th March 2008, 09:34
In my mahals case it is just being thoughtful and considerate, I get told off if I waste money on expensive gifts for her!!!. She can however be tempted by a new pair of shoes. I am arranging a bank loan for when she arrives in the Uk in April and absolutely needs at at least two dozn pairs of boots, shoes and rubber shoes!!!:Help1::Help1:

poss30
17th March 2008, 11:47
lol more info for my list.cheers

Alan
17th March 2008, 12:02
Am I missing the obvious here???? :Erm:

Al.:)

IainBusby
17th March 2008, 12:17
Am I missing the obvious here???? :Erm:

Al.:)

Oh Yes, there is of course always the obvious.:4::thorsten_rammler::4::thorsten_rammler::4::thorsten_rammler::4::thorsten_rammler: and even more :4::thorsten_rammler:

But in the morning the agenda will still be there !!!

scott&ligaya
17th March 2008, 12:24
Well my honeys Hash running name is Six Times A Night!!! so you could be right Ian!

kimmi
17th March 2008, 13:05
:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::doh

kimmi
17th March 2008, 13:09
whoever gave me the rep points..thank u very much..:)

its one way to keep a woman happy..lol

ginapeterb
17th March 2008, 13:29
Easiest way to keep a Filipina happy in UK is to take her to the boot fair on Sunday Mornings, let her go around with about £20.00 and she will fill a Balik bayan box over the course of the spring and summer.

Then she will clothe her entire family all 25 of them from 1 box, and it will cost you about £100.00 to send the box, then following year, she will repeat the process again.

Another way to keep her happy is to buy her Luis Vuitton or Gucci shoes and bag, and also some Gold jewellry, she will present them as an investment.

Another way you can keep her happy is to give her a little allowance a week which is hers, of course if she works do not expect her to make any contributions to the household budget, stupid foreigner ! thats not her job.

Another way is to send her home once in a while so that she can have a break here from UK Life, so that she can see real people talking outside the house in a language she enjoys speaking, and so that she can tell tales of land of riches, and streets that actually are not paved with Gold.

Another way to keep her happy is to not expect her to do any household chores, like washing, ironing and cleaning house, after all, thats the maids job, not hers, hmmm did you think she came to UK to work ? ano ka ba ?

Another way to keep her happy is not to insist that she accompanies you to historical sites of antiquities or English heritage sites, this time could be better spent browsing at the mall, historical sites of antiquity evoke about as much enthusiasm in a Filipina as you being given a pair of black socks for your christmas gift.

Another way to keep her happy is to not try and take her country walking or orienteering or camping or caravanning, she has no interest in these things, don't thrust a map and compass in her hand and expect her to navigate across Dartmoor. A filipina gets lost coming out of a London phone box.

Another way to keep her happy is not to give her books to read about the Kings and Queens of England, or the history of Scotland, or anything to do with Ancient history.

Ancient history again evokes in her about as much enthusiasm as you would being picked for the British Olympic 4 man toboggan team.

Giver her a copy of UK Chat, Titbits, or get her the Filipino Channel installed at your home, she will spend any spare time she is not at the mall, watching programs that would make the British want to go out and top themselves after watching it.

Another way to make her happy is to let her eat Dried fish, stinking Bagoong, Patis, or any other totally revolting substance that lingers somewhere in the cupboards of your kitchen.

Another way to make her happy is to let her browse Tesco stores at night without trying to put anything in your trolley, and don't rush the poor girl, she wants to take her time, it matters little that you are hungry and want to get back to watch the international football, you can forget that, she is in browsing mode, and don't be suprised if she asks you to go off and do something for an hour while she browses the sales.

Don't worry no one has told her yet that we only popped in for 5 minutes, to get a few bits, she will come back with buy 1 take 1 offers enough to fill a house.

Anything else you will learn as you go along,

Best of Luck.

poss30
17th March 2008, 14:01
:yikes: lol

Pepe n Pilar
17th March 2008, 14:12
You said it all ginapeterB:)I agree with that! Cheers...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
When someone has experienced having good things in life may it be a nice house, nice clothes, good food, being with a company of friends who belongs to affluent group, one may say that things that makes a woman happy is to be loved and cared trully/ dearly by her husband. Having an understanding, loving and faithful husband, wish God gives us a healthy and longer life, are the things which will make me happy.:)

KeithD
17th March 2008, 14:20
Even easier & cheaper......Just stay out of there way :D

scott&ligaya
17th March 2008, 14:25
I am beginning to think MY Ligaya may not be a Filipina after all, it is all I can do to drag her into mall of Asia when we are in Manila or any other mall for that matter, she dislikes expensive gifts, gets what she wants when shopping not everything on sale, I'll give you the stinky food though and sending stuff home and like I say footwear is a passion. I think being in designer boutique and mall heaven in Hong Kong and Singapore for the last several years may have shopped her out or least got her jaded or something. She also likes getting out hiking, trail running(has competed in mountain marathons) goes dragon boat racing and diving with me and enjoys learning new stuff like surfing and kite boarding. Our new baby will slow her down a bit now but I wonder how long before he will be in a baby back pack going up Snowdon or Ben Nevis!!.

ervenescence
17th March 2008, 19:18
a nice massage :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimcarie
17th March 2008, 19:27
impossible to keep happy, and if you think they are your wrong :D

andypaul
17th March 2008, 19:41
Make sure You, your family her family are all safe, well and happy.

Particularly in UK Phill relationship being spread out across the world in some cases worrying about their families is an everyday occurence for many Phill ladies. So helping make sure they keep in contact and know all well is a big brucie bonus.

ginapeterb
17th March 2008, 21:46
Sometimes the British hubby attempts to help the wife by involving himself in the affairs of the extended family, this is a nice gesture to show he cares, very often the Filipino wife prefers to deal with the family crisis herself, i.e. Munting Hiling, alot of the ladies from the Philippines often are reluctant for their British hubby to have to deal with such matters, whilst they appreciate his support, they will always deal with it themselves.

In such cases, they are in fact protecting the hubby from what is after all a totally different culture, as long as he is himself not "Offline" a Filipino wife who can take care of "Her" obligations with support of the foreigner husband is always a contented wife.

In Filipino culture, the good fortune of one should always be shared with the extended family, the British hubby would always do well to understand that, and if he does, she will always be happy.

andypaul
17th March 2008, 21:57
I know what your writing about but i was thinking more in just understanding that the one you love might need to spend two-three hours on the phone minimum a week to check all is well with various brothers, sisters cousins etc to a degree in the uk we simply dont.
I can check on my whole brit family most weeks in the time it takes for my wife to get updated on how the babies and toddlers are getting on, i will then have repainted the house and put up some shelves by the time shes checking on the Titas. The house will be totally revamped by the time the wife knows how the families favourite trycycle driver is and his family.

For us to Brits it may seem alien (doesn't mean we dont love our families any less) but the wife needs to know the latest gossip and that all is well.

ginapeterb
18th March 2008, 09:11
Andy I could not agree with you more, thank God for the SKYPE 3 PHONE without this rather low cost and invaluable tool, Miss Gina would probably have run up around a £1000.00 a month in BT Calls.

Just cast your mind back to the times before the first cellphones came out, and even back before VOIP was ever conceived, can we all imagine just how expensive a call to another country was.

Now we make calls to the far side of the world as though we are talking on a short wave radio system, I can remember when I was a Radio Telegraphist with the Army back in 1978 and we set up a HF link with the U.S. Army in Fort Meade Maryland, using sky wave we were able to talk quite clearly, we marveled at that feat using 2 48 foot masts, and a half wave dipole, we managed to bounce a signal off the ionosphere, what a feat.

Now thats about 30 years ago, now we get too worried if a cellphone is bigger than a credit card, too inconvenient, unless it has a 3mp camera, video calling, wi fi, bluetooth, and a host of other features.

On SKYPE's fair useage policy of about 4000 minutes per month, Miss Gina certainly uses it to the full, she talks to everyone in the family most days, she can talk for hours on end at night, who knows what its about.

I am content to leave her to do this, after all she seems happy doing it, and as Keith always famously points out, when I ask her how did it go with her 2 hour conversation ?

"Oh they did not have anything to say"

So the Filipina has this great need to be in regular contact with, the family and I can only end this post with one phrase.

"Thank God for SKYPE 3 PHONE"

poss30
18th March 2008, 14:36
i think im gonna have to invest in this skype 3 phone.or at least i hope i am :)

scott&ligaya
18th March 2008, 14:49
I invested in a clever wife!!!, she has told me that when she gets here she is going to give her sister in Hong Kong 100hkd(£6.50) per mth with which her sister can chat to the family on their mobiles (HK to Phil IS VERY COMPETETIVE due to 100,000 domestic helpers working in HK). Then Ligaya will call her sister using our BT freedom international at £5 PER MONTH INCLUSIVE to a HK landline which her sister has and get all the goings on. The only thing I need is a timer so she can stop/restart at 59 mins as the limit is one hour per call. As others have said they can talk for 2-3 hours and say nothing!!!. I need to get a good IDD provicer for her younger brother in Dubai

ginapeterb
18th March 2008, 16:53
There are certainly some great deals around on VOIP where calls are routed over internet cables.

The reason why SKYPE 3 Phone is so versatile, is that its a dedicated phone with a SKYPE menu, but more importantly, its not wi-fi, its not a headset, nor do you have to be at your PC to use it.

The SKYPE 3 Qualcomm phone is produced by 3 for 3 services, its about £49.99 to buy or £89.99 for a pair of them, if you agree to top up the phone with £10.00 minimum per month, you will have 30 days of skype calls for free but only to other skype users.

They have been fairly clever in that you cannot SKYPE out on the phone, which at first I thought you could, having SKYPE OUT on the phone would have been brilliant for my work.

But although the 3 network have embraced skype in their phones, what they won't do is go skypeout as well, that would cost them revenue in landline calls, however, I suppose they have reasoned that how many of us are permanently connected to SKYPE all day long.

My best mate and I who lives down in South West London, would normally text each other to log into SKYPE on our phones, then about 5 minutes later, one of us would call he other, he is on G3 I Am on G3 that means a 3 to 3 network call using skype, cost to us

NOTHING !

The £10.00 a month I Put on, is not time sensitive, in other words it does not end in 30 days, it just keeps adding to your credit on the phone, and can be used for calls to other mobiles, landlines, or 3 network services such as videos, music, and ringtones etc.

But more importantly its great for me, as our ouse keeper out in Phils can call me when I am out on the road driving, if she has any concern or needs a decision on something its great for that, or if I want to call the house to leave a message, also its great for that too.

For £49.99 its a really great tool, and if you can get other users to log into SKYPE as well during the daytime, you could end up with your whole Barkada on skype 3.

I think its the best service available on VOIP today, the secret is to encourage others to uptake it as well.

andypaul
18th March 2008, 20:28
Andy I could not agree with you more, thank God for the SKYPE 3 PHONE without this rather low cost and invaluable tool, Miss Gina would probably have run up around a £1000.00 a month in BT Calls.

Just cast your mind back to the times before the first cellphones came out, and even back before VOIP was ever conceived, can we all imagine just how expensive a call to another country was.

Now we make calls to the far side of the world as though we are talking on a short wave radio system, I can remember when I was a Radio Telegraphist with the Army back in 1978 and we set up a HF link with the U.S. Army in Fort Meade Maryland, using sky wave we were able to talk quite clearly, we marveled at that feat using 2 48 foot masts, and a half wave dipole, we managed to bounce a signal off the ionosphere, what a feat.

Now thats about 30 years ago, now we get too worried if a cellphone is bigger than a credit card, too inconvenient, unless it has a 3mp camera, video calling, wi fi, bluetooth, and a host of other features.

On SKYPE's fair useage policy of about 4000 minutes per month, Miss Gina certainly uses it to the full, she talks to everyone in the family most days, she can talk for hours on end at night, who knows what its about.

I am content to leave her to do this, after all she seems happy doing it, and as Keith always famously points out, when I ask her how did it go with her 2 hour conversation ?

"Oh they did not have anything to say"

So the Filipina has this great need to be in regular contact with, the family and I can only end this post with one phrase.

"Thank God for SKYPE 3 PHONE"

Great post

I think some guys don't realise how much many Filipinas need to know the latest in families.
For the those with Ladies that do YOU WILL have to accept that this time is vital to her and don't interrupt her unless in a joky joining in way to say hello Po to A tita or Lola.
Just like we need to go down the boozer, read the newspaper everyday or whatever. We need to understand those uniquely Filipina needs which you will not have picked up from your family and peers in the UK.