PDA

View Full Version : Help!

devin33
29th March 2006, 15:56
Ok, I have a girlfriend who is Filipino. She has visited me in Scotland and I have been to see her (going again in 2 months time). We have known each other for a year and a half.

So, the problem. She lives and works in Dubai. The good part (maybe) is that she has a degree in Nursing. We have decided that we really want to make a go of things but are afraid that things may be very difficult because she lives in Dubai. Basically, I would like my girlfriend to move over to Scotland but I have just started looking into this and am not sure where to start.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott

Admin
29th March 2006, 16:17
It is actually easier to get her here on a Fiancee visa from Dubai, than it is from the Philippine, although with UKVACS it is much better, but you never know how long it will last.

You just need to download the Fiancee Visa PDF forms from the IND site, and go through it next time you see her. Take all the info you can get, and then apply when you are there.

My wife was in Singapore at the time I wanted to bring her here, and it took 10 days from application to visa.

devin33
29th March 2006, 17:22
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 29 2006, 04&#58;17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It is actually easier to get her here on a Fiancee visa from Dubai, than it is from the Philippine, although with UKVACS it is much better, but you never know how long it will last.

You just need to download the Fiancee Visa PDF forms from the IND site, and go through it next time you see her. Take all the info you can get, and then apply when you are there.

My wife was in Singapore at the time I wanted to bring her here, and it took 10 days from application to visa.
[/b][/quote]

Thank you for the information. That sounds so much more easy than what I thought it would be&#33; I take it that we absolutely have to be engaged in order for it to be easier to apply. I mean that is not a problem, we love each other very much and want to build a future etc etc.

Cheers
Scott

ginapeterb
29th March 2006, 20:28
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devin33 &#064; Mar 29 2006, 05&#58;22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thank you for the information. That sounds so much more easy than what I thought it would be&#33; I take it that we absolutely have to be engaged in order for it to be easier to apply. I mean that is not a problem, we love each other very much and want to build a future etc etc.

Cheers
Scott
[/b][/quote]

Scott

sounds like you have it in the bag, as Keith says, its easy in the British Embassy Dubai, you will find them more easier to deal with, plus if your GF has a BSc in Nursing, she should be ok, check out my
page for more help...here at

http://www.british-filipino.com

Do some reading

Pete

devin33
31st March 2006, 00:14
Very informative site Pete, thanks for that.