PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation / Finances

jim2376
28th March 2006, 23:06
Hello. My fiancee and baby will be applying soon for the fiancee and dependants visa. If successfull we'll be staying with my parents. My parents have a private lease , been renting for 5 yrs ,we have nice landlords who are our neighbours. Lease is through Leasing agent still though. Landlord has no objection to gf and baby staying. So, just to check, i'm seeking a letter from the leasing agent stating my landlords have no objection to gf and baby moving in ? I'll have a big double room here. We are to prove we don't contravene the housing act and have a room for our exclusive use, how is this best done ?

Financially i have about 3 grand and earn 200 quid a week. Not the best by a longshot. I have an option here of getting my dad to write a letter saying he can offer support if needed, and he can back this up with bank statements showing wealth. Should i do this ? Is it making my application stronger? I'm aware it may be interpreted as "relies on daddy" but that couldn't be further from the truth! Thanks for previous advice everyone....

Jim ps ,applying in 3 weeks time would be lovely to get visas by post wow, whats the chances!!?!

Admin
29th March 2006, 10:03
£200 & £3000 is more than enough. Make sure you include a sply of expected expenses when she is here (you know £50 a week for fish style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif ).

Housing Act...what&#39;s that? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif As long as you have permission from the owner of the property, that is fine.

walesrob
29th March 2006, 10:11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 29 2006, 10&#58;03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Housing Act...what&#39;s that? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif As long as you have permission from the owner of the property, that is fine.
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;ll second that....Elsa and I are living at my folks house till we get our own, we declared this on the application, and nothing was said.

Admin
29th March 2006, 10:32
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Mar 29 2006, 10&#58;11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I&#39;ll second that....Elsa and I are living at my folks house till we get our own, we declared this on the application, and nothing was said.
[/b][/quote]
Yer but you&#39;re Welsh, and he took pity style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

andypaul
29th March 2006, 19:12
Hi

From what i gather its not what you earn, its the amount you have to look after the three of you once all your bills are paid.

Regarding rooms i belive that the CEO&#39;s have to ensure that your room is big enough for you all. For a couple the room must be more than 50 sq ft, which is not a bathroom or kitchen. Im not sure whats required when you have a small baby as well. If the leasing agent is happy, then it should in theory mean you are not breaking any housing regulations, but i think you check out the latest regulations just to be on the safe side.

The CEO is i belive to only look at the support your wife and you have, not other family members, or friends. But others may know more on this subject.

ginapeterb
29th March 2006, 20:26
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Mar 29 2006, 07&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi

From what i gather its not what you earn, its the amount you have to look after the three of you once all your bills are paid.

Regarding rooms i belive that the CEO&#39;s have to ensure that your room is big enough for you all. For a couple the room must be more than 50 sq ft, which is not a bathroom or kitchen. Im not sure whats required when you have a small baby as well. If the leasing agent is happy, then it should in theory mean you are not breaking any housing regulations, but i think you check out the latest regulations just to be on the safe side.

The CEO is i belive to only look at the support your wife and you have, not other family members, or friends. But others may know more on this subject.
[/b][/quote]

Hello Jim,

I noticed your post today, as I am busy on a new project for my website, called " A Rough guide to the Philippines for the Single hot blooded male heterosexual traveller, I have been busy (Stop it you bggggers from up North)

As always Pete tells it like it is

The correct thing for you to do, and please the rest of my intrepid colleagues here at the forum dont be offended if I say what you have all said, is wrong &#33;&#33;&#33;

Is to visit your local authority, and ask for the Environmental heatlh department, in the circumstances you mention, it appears that you need a certificate of non-overcrowding, there are rules for this on the UKVisas website, an Environmental health officer will visit your home, and look at the accomodation you are proposing for you and your fiancee to live in, plus baby, if they are satisfied, after paying the required fee, you will be issued with a certicate, this then you may present with your application along with your landlords letter of consent.

This will be fine if the accomodation is adequate.

Again Pete always tells it as it is &#33;&#33;

Admin
29th March 2006, 20:39
Strange the council do not do the same when they bung a family of two, and 3 kids to live in one bedroom in a hotel&#33;&#33; One rule for them, another for there subjects style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

jim2376
29th March 2006, 21:27
Thanks again for the advice. I was also wondering, and forgot to ask, does my gf (or myself)or both of us need a certificate of no impediment,not sure on this, although i thought not..it&#39;s fiancee visa..

cheers jim

ginapeterb
30th March 2006, 08:56
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jim2376 &#064; Mar 29 2006, 09&#58;27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks again for the advice. I was also wondering, and forgot to ask, does my gf (or myself)or both of us need a certificate of no impediment,not sure on this, although i thought not..it&#39;s fiancee visa..

cheers jim
[/b][/quote]

Jim

Neither you nor your fiancee require a cert no impediment to marriage, as the marriage is to take place in the UK, a CNI is only required if the marriage would take place in the jurisdiction of the Philippines, and in any event a CNI is not required by the Philippine authorities, they only require a LCM, the LCM is collectable from the British Embassy, it is they only who require the CNI, otherwise you would have to comply with the Marriage to Foreigners act 1906, and swear in front of a consular officer, ...........de dah de dah..but lets not get into that....hehehehehe

Admin
30th March 2006, 09:02
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>and swear in front of a consular officer, ...........de dah de dah..but lets not get into that....hehehehehe[/b][/quote]
Glad I didn&#39;t have to do that, being a scouser I may have misunderstood the meaning style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious3.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious3.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious3.gif

ginapeterb
30th March 2006, 12:03
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 30 2006, 09&#58;02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Glad I didn&#39;t have to do that, being a scouser I may have misunderstood the meaning style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious3.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious3.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious3.gif
[/b][/quote]

One thing is always constant in this life, and we all need constants &#33;, the fact is. we can always rely on our host and founder of FilipinoUK. Keith to bring out the humour, without his humour, this forum would simply not be the same, no one but him would have thought of the swearing bit in front of the Consular official.

10 out of 10 Keith for as always excellent humour &#33;&#33;

andypaul
30th March 2006, 21:25
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Mar 29 2006, 08&#58;26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello Jim,

I noticed your post today, as I am busy on a new project for my website, called " A Rough guide to the Philippines for the Single hot blooded male heterosexual traveller, I have been busy (Stop it you bggggers from up North)

As always Pete tells it like it is

The correct thing for you to do, and please the rest of my intrepid colleagues here at the forum dont be offended if I say what you have all said, is wrong &#33;&#33;&#33;

Is to visit your local authority, and ask for the Environmental heatlh department, in the circumstances you mention, it appears that you need a certificate of non-overcrowding, there are rules for this on the UKVisas website, an Environmental health officer will visit your home, and look at the accomodation you are proposing for you and your fiancee to live in, plus baby, if they are satisfied, after paying the required fee, you will be issued with a certicate, this then you may present with your application along with your landlords letter of consent.

This will be fine if the accomodation is adequate.

Again Pete always tells it as it is &#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

A far better answer Pete, i remeber reading on various sites about people having to get a letter from the council, which i think we can safely say is a shorthand description of what you have just explained.

Admin makes a good point when making a list of your finances to prove you can support your wife and baby. Do add in telephone bills to phill, imported food from phill and most importantly heating. My wife still insists on wearing t shirt and shorts in the winter indoors&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Lovely to look at, bloody expensive on leccy for the heating&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

Admin
31st March 2006, 08:57
Just a generic list. IE, Utilities, food, rent + income,etc. Anything more complex, they will get confused style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

My electric bill runs around £40 a week style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif , used to be £10 a week in &#39;98 when I lived on my own, and just got pissed style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

mupsuit
31st March 2006, 19:06
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Mar 30 2006, 09&#58;25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My wife still insists on wearing ..... in the winter indoors&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

I can reveal that there is a forum member who&#39;s wife feels the cold so much that she wears gloves in bed

Eljohno
31st March 2006, 20:11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Mar 31 2006, 07&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can reveal that there is a forum member who&#39;s wife feels the cold so much that she wears gloves in bed
[/b][/quote]

My guess would be Keith&#39;s wife & it is probably boxing gloves. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Admin
1st April 2006, 09:21
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 31 2006, 08&#58;11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My guess would be Keith&#39;s wife & it is probably boxing gloves. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]
OY&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif Mine wears thigh length hiking socks......and that is when the electric blanket is ON style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif