PDA

View Full Version : Flipina/British Married Couple working in Maldives

mayden
15th March 2008, 09:04
Hello,

I am newly married to a British guy last Feb 28th in Thailand. We had registered the marriage in the Philippine Embassy in Thailand and been informed that it takes around 4 months for the docs to be leagally registered in phils. Its fine. And now we are back again in Maldives.
Is there anyone who both work abroad and as well get married in abroad then apply a wife visa to go and get to UK? At these moment we plan to apply my visa around August 2008 in Sri Lanka.
What is the docs that we need to present as my hubby is also workin in abroad for two years now. We are both 28 yrs of age, by the way.
Any help will do.

Thank u all for the very kind assistance.

Look forward of seeing some reply.

Mayden
Maldives

A_flyer
15th March 2008, 09:50
Did you record the marriage at the British Embassy in Thailand? You should do it also so that it's recognized in UK (Philippine recognition is not useful for a UK spouse visa, but it will be useful to amend your Filipino passport of course).

For the Filipino side story, the Philippines Embassy in Thailand should give you (or send you) the official receipt for the NSO recording and this will be the official document to use with the Philippines administration in waiting the full recording at NSO to be able to get a NSO Sepca copy of your marriage certificate (in more than 4 months for your case as stated by the Embassy).