PDA

View Full Version : BBC Crap

KeithD
12th March 2008, 11:02
Other day high winds hit the South, they had cameras & presenters all along the coast, headline news non-stop all day.....

....Same storm hits the North.....they manage 2 minutes at 1/4 past the hour :action-smiley-081:

jimeve
12th March 2008, 16:50
Typical southerners, somebody farts in London, cameras are there.

andypaul
12th March 2008, 19:25
People live north of Watford, the BBC never told me that:omg:

aromulus
12th March 2008, 19:28
People live north of Watford, the BBC never told me that:omg:

You should go out more, then........:rolleyes: Southern couchpotatoe..........

andypaul
12th March 2008, 19:45
You should go out more, then........:rolleyes: Southern couchpotatoe..........

I do i watch it on my Phone:D

Troubadour
13th March 2008, 09:57
If you want the BBC up North, pay for a longer cable and a second hamster to pedal.

aromulus
13th March 2008, 10:12
If you want the BBC up North, pay for a longer cable and a second hamster to pedal.

I don't want BBC........:NoNo:

I don't need BBC.......:NoNo:

I don't want to have to pay a tax on something which I do not have any use for, or interest in.........:cwm23:

As far as I am concerned you southerners can keep it, together with Jonathan ross, Terry Wogan and all the rest.

:ARsurrender:

jimeve
13th March 2008, 10:14

cheeky bugger, where are you from then, seeing you 'v not bothered
to put it in your profile. :action-smiley-081:

joebloggs
13th March 2008, 10:53
cheeky bugger, where are you from then, seeing you 'v not bothered
to put it in your profile. :action-smiley-081:

hahaha :icon_lol:

BBC is coming up north to Salford Quays, MEDIA CITY creating a few jobs :xxgrinning--00xx3: only downside some southerners are coming to :doh

Troubadour
14th March 2008, 07:57
I'm from the Midlands, which by Northern reckoning is two coaling stations beyond Tierra del Fuego.

andypaul
14th March 2008, 08:23
I don't want BBC........:NoNo:

I don't need BBC.......:NoNo:

I don't want to have to pay a tax on something which I do not have any use for, or interest in.........:cwm23:

As far as I am concerned you southerners can keep it, together with Jonathan ross, Terry Wogan and all the rest.

:ARsurrender:

But italys further south than london

KeithD
14th March 2008, 10:56
Remember....all presenters/DJ's are picked up in a private car with a driver.......which we all pay for!!

andypaul
14th March 2008, 19:41
Remember....all presenters/DJ's are picked up in a private car with a driver.......which we all pay for!!

If the BBC get your goat up, don't ever take to close a look at local goverment or the cvill service for wasting your money.
Our company just signed another deal this week where a councill yet again spent far more than a similar size company would have for a similar service, im not sure wheter to go :xxgrinning--00xx3: or :NoNo:

KeithD
15th March 2008, 10:28
850 people employed by councils now to go road checking peoples rubbish :doh

Gavanddal
18th March 2008, 16:44
Watched BBC World from down here in France and someone phoned in from Manila. The BBC couldn't even Philippines correctly on the screen!!

nethlewy
18th March 2008, 17:17
Spell?

walesrob
18th March 2008, 17:37
The BBC is the best broadcaster in the world, thats all you need to know. Its worth every penny IMHO, long live the BBC.

walesrob
18th March 2008, 17:40

Not true. I have friends working in local BBC, they don't get a driver nor do they earn huge amounts of money as some claim.

KeithD
18th March 2008, 20:56
Not true. I have friends working in local BBC, they don't get a driver nor do they earn huge amounts of money as some claim.

:NoNo: Not BBC Wales, that's just an off-shoot to keep the natives happy :D

They always manage to have twice as much gear on a racetrack than CH4, RUK & ATR :Erm:

andypaul
19th March 2008, 11:26
The BBC are now going to save ISPS money by placing equipment in local exchanges to reduce the data being moved across the ISP's network due to the new Iplayer. This may be made redundant if technolgy goes in a particular direction.

Guess who has the chance to pay for this?

KeithD
19th March 2008, 13:08
I've just logged in via the USA and can access the iPlayer :Erm: So we're giving that to the world for free as well :Brick:

andypaul
19th March 2008, 15:15
I've just logged in via the USA and can access the iPlayer :Erm: So we're giving that to the world for free as well :Brick:

Crazy and have you seen Youtube or any other popular streaming site offer to help out the ISPs?

No just the crazy BBC:NoNo:

KeithD
19th March 2008, 15:47
iPlayer has eaten up a bigger slice of the P2P pie since it's launch, and was closing to bringing down the whole UK infrastructure at one point.

andypaul
19th March 2008, 16:07
iPlayer has eaten up a bigger slice of the P2P pie since it's launch, and was closing to bringing down the whole UK infrastructure at one point.

http://www.telco2.net/blog/2008/02/bbcs_iplayer_nukes_all_you_can.html

agreed it is all in the link above but im sure many people will not be happy if the iplayer affects either the BBC tax :omg: or means BBC have to save costs and show less cooking shows:omg:

KeithD
19th March 2008, 19:25
They can save money by combining the shows and having chefs look for a house in Spain :rolleyes:

andypaul
19th March 2008, 19:55
They can save money by combining the shows and having chefs look for a house in Spain :rolleyes:

An Eastender whose ex nurse now chef goes to buy a house and fill it with antiques in spain.

Why are you not BBC Controller :Erm:

KeithD
19th March 2008, 20:08
Why are you not BBC Controller :Erm:

I once showed signs of intelligence, so I'm over qualified.

andypaul
19th March 2008, 20:10
I once showed signs of intelligence, so I'm over qualified.

Also you might have to be based in London or Manchester:omg: