PDA

View Full Version : Fiance visa question

DavidArt
10th March 2008, 20:24
Hi all,

My fiancé has arrived in the UK using a fiancé visa. I'm not really ready to marry yet. Is it possible for her to stay here for good without marrying? and decide to marry later rather than be pressurised into marriage so soon. The seminar that she attended in the Philippines said that she must marry inside 3 months to be allowed to stay and work. I would appreciate any help and advice or information on this matter. Thanks in advance.
http://filipinaroses.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
:)
David

andypaul
10th March 2008, 20:28
The Fiance visa is 6 months but you need a few monnths to organise and process the paperwork even for a cvill wedding here.

If you do not get married with in the six months and don't marry the visa peoples will ask if you reapply why didn't you marry last time and most likely you would need a good reason otherwise they might think you are trying to bend the rules.

kimmi
11th March 2008, 13:02
The Fiance visa is 6 months but you need a few monnths to organise and process the paperwork even for a cvill wedding here.

If you do not get married with in the six months and don't marry the visa peoples will ask if you reapply why didn't you marry last time and most likely you would need a good reason otherwise they might think you are trying to bend the rules.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
11th March 2008, 13:15
Hi all,

My fiancé has arrived in the UK using a fiancé visa. I'm not really ready to marry yet. Is it possible for her to stay here for good without marrying? and decide to marry later rather than be pressurised into marriage so soon. The seminar that she attended in the Philippines said that she must marry inside 3 months to be allowed to stay and work. I would appreciate any help and advice or information on this matter. Thanks in advance.
http://filipinaroses.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
:)
David

I see this question appearing a few times on the forum, and I'm amazed that people think they have some kind of right to break they law/bend the rules as it suits them.

The Fiance Visa is issued on the condition marraige takes place within 6 months of arrival in the UK, if you don't get married within 6 months, you are breaking the terms and conditions of the visa, and you will be in the UK illegally.

So, technically what you intend doing is illegal and your lady will be liable to instant deportation if B & I find out, and probably little chance of getting a visa to the UK ever again.

Your choice.

winner
11th March 2008, 13:19
well said walesrob

KeithD
11th March 2008, 13:28
And the IND are pretty much on the ball these days, unless you move and go undercover, and she can spend the rest of her days not working, and looking over her shoulder.

If you are not ready to marry, then you applied for the visa under false pretenses, which could invalidate it if the IND become aware of it.

Ady
11th March 2008, 19:05
Pretty annoying really. I know people that had fiance visas refused that were genuinely wanting to spend a lifetime together. Now some people get one even if there is no commitment? I bet the girl feels happy that she has come all this way for a non-event.

ginapeterb
11th March 2008, 20:28
As others have said, including Keith and Rob, your girlfriend's visa is in fact a marriage visa, unlike the term Fiancee visa, the visa is valid for 1 marriage within 6 months.

I support what Rob has said, what an amazing question " Can we not get married and she stay for a while longer as I don't want to get married" it always never ceases to amaze me, how people come on this forum with this type of question.

If you decide simply not to follow the terms of your girlfriends visa, then you have misrepresented your case when she applied in the first place, if you cannot comply, send your girlfriend back to the Philippines at the end of 6 months if you have failed to comply.

This type of question makes my blood boil, simply because you make it so much harder for other applicants who genuinely wish to get married and come to live in our country.

Geeeeeze !!!

Pepe n Pilar
12th March 2008, 13:22
If you're not sure of marrying your gf why let her apply for a fiance visa? You should have told her to apply for a tourist visa instead. As everybody here says that under a fiance visa you should get married within the given 6 month period or else you're not complying with the terms and conditions of your gf's visa.

poss30
14th March 2008, 21:28
can see the guys point in a way becoz if his gf in philippines has nothing to go back for ie no job,house,money or bank account etc then she will get refused visit visa and thats according to many on this site

KeithD
15th March 2008, 10:27
can see the guys point in a way becoz if his gf in philippines has nothing to go back for ie no job,house,money or bank account etc then she will get refused visit visa and thats according to many on this site
No reason to break the law though. Do it the correct way and your girl doesn't spend every day looking over her shoulder, or hiding behind the sofa.

Why would she need a job in the Phil anyway? She has a nice Westerner to support her :rolleyes:

wobblybob
15th March 2008, 13:51
[deleted by Mod]

poss30
15th March 2008, 13:54
true she dont need a job :) but hes only asking advice to see if there is a way of extending her stay without getting married.it would be a nightmare if they got married and realised it wasnt to be 6 months down the road.i dont think he realised that the only way is to break the law but im sure he knows now

walesrob
15th March 2008, 14:48
true she dont need a job :) but hes only asking advice to see if there is a way of extending her stay without getting married.it would be a nightmare if they got married and realised it wasnt to be 6 months down the road.i dont think he realised that the only way is to break the law but im sure he knows now

Well, in that case, don't apply for the visa if your not ready to live together.:NoNo:

Anymore talk of breaking the law will see the offending posts deleted, as I have done with wobblybob's.

poss30
15th March 2008, 19:21
Well, in that case, don't apply for the visa if your not ready to live together.:NoNo:

Anymore talk of breaking the law will see the offending posts deleted, as I have done with wobblybob's.

:NoNo: whos mentioning breaking the law.theres a big difference between living together and getting married (house hers,car hers,dog hers,rabbit hers :icon_lol:)just thought no need to jump down his throat

walesrob
15th March 2008, 19:34
:NoNo: whos mentioning breaking the law.theres a big difference between living together and getting married (house hers,car hers,dog hers,rabbit hers :icon_lol:)just thought no need to jump down his throat

Don't insult me, I'm quite aware of the difference of living together and getting married, but thats taking this thread off-topic, we are discussing what would happen if the OP did not arrange the marraige within 6 months. If you wanna discuss living together vs. getting married, start your own thread. We will not entertain methods of how to get round Immigration procedures on this forum. Wobblybob's post was just that, suggesting ways to beat the 6 month Fiance Visa limit.

poss30
15th March 2008, 22:23
whos being insulting.you used my quote with this :NoNo:.did you see the :icon_lol: i used about the difference.i never mentioned living together/marriage you did.i just thought ease up on the guy i dont think he knew the only way was to get married and any other way was illegal.if you thought i insulted you then i apologise.youve just won the grand slam man jammy *****

walesrob
15th March 2008, 22:30
whos being insulting.you used my quote with this :NoNo:.did you see the :icon_lol: i used about the difference.i never mentioned living together/marriage you did.i just thought ease up on the guy i dont think he knew the only way was to get married and any other way was illegal.if you thought i insulted you then i apologise.youve just won the grand slam man jammy *****

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

poss30
15th March 2008, 22:38
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: wooden spoon next year :Rasp:

Sim11UK
15th March 2008, 22:47
poss30 I can see where you're coming from, but the guy has simply applied for the wrong visa.
He's also answered his own question in his post, except it's 6 months as opposed to 3.

poss30
15th March 2008, 23:00
yeah i know fella.i just thought hes now got his girl here and he was genuinely asking if theres a way his fiance could stay without getting married just yet.i just thought he got jumped on a bit but thinking about it he should know the crack if hes had to go through the fiance visa process.he must be a loon that likes rubbing it in to ppl and i should be a bakla with my softly understanding girly type of thinking but i cant i love my babe to much :icon_lol:

poss30
15th March 2008, 23:04
my friend who has the shop around the corner from my house has got his cousin here on a 2 year visit visa.they are indians and obviously its becoz they are family but he tells me they get refused everytime but get the visa on appeal.his cousin can not speak 1 word of english apart from numbers,pounds and pence

poss30
15th March 2008, 23:06
a 2 year visit visa would be perfect imo.im applying visa in april for my gf but i dont know if she will like it here its cold and a busy place like u know.phili is warm and so slow but every1s happy you know what i meen

andypaul
15th March 2008, 23:18
a 2 year visit visa would be perfect imo.im applying visa in april for my gf but i dont know if she will like it here its cold and a busy place like u know.phili is warm and so slow but every1s happy you know what i meen

Thats easy save up and move to phill. Which is what most of us said we were prepared to do if our visa applications failled.

andypaul
15th March 2008, 23:23
my friend who has the shop around the corner from my house has got his cousin here on a 2 year visit visa.they are indians and obviously its becoz they are family but he tells me they get refused everytime but get the visa on appeal.his cousin can not speak 1 word of english apart from numbers,pounds and pence

I would be careful when people tell you of the visa they have etc. From expereince people don't always tell you the exact facts for various reasons.
So best to take with a pinch of salt otherwise it winds you up

poss30
15th March 2008, 23:32
not perfect for me andy i love my gf and she loves me.i have business here which would make it impossible for me to move to phili just now.even if she doesnt like the weather here i know she will stay with me but i just think the 6 month is a bit short.the indian guy is a mate and he wouldnt tell me porkys.he has a solicitor sister who has signed off all my papers.correct me if im wrong tho but i think they can get 2 years visit visa becoz they are in the commenwealth.i might be wrong ill ask him tomoz its too cold to venture outside now

andypaul
15th March 2008, 23:59
not perfect for me andy i love my gf and she loves me.i have business here which would make it impossible for me to move to phili just now.even if she doesnt like the weather here i know she will stay with me but i just think the 6 month is a bit short.the indian guy is a mate and he wouldnt tell me porkys.he has a solicitor sister who has signed off all my papers.correct me if im wrong tho but i think they can get 2 years visit visa becoz they are in the commenwealth.i might be wrong ill ask him tomoz its too cold to venture outside now

How long will my visa be valid for?
With a visit visa you can usually enter and leave the UK any number of times while the visa is still valid. You cannot stay for longer than six months on each visit. Visit visas can be valid for six months, one year, two years, five years or 10 years. You can apply for a visa valid for any of these periods. The Entry Clearance Officer may decide to make your visa valid for a shorter time than you have asked for, for example if you are not a regular traveller or have never visited the UK before.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018696642519

the guy may have a two year visa im no expert.

im sure he is not telling you porkies but just giving you some of the details which may sound like he has something different to what his relation has.

poss30
16th March 2008, 00:08
ive no idea andy.my mate the indian guy is younger that me but he has british passport.he was born and bred here.you have made me very interested with that info ill ask him tomoz but he deffo said his cousin has a 2 year visit visa.i just presumed it might be different for the commen wealth

poss30
16th March 2008, 00:23
not that its gonna change anything but you get ppl like us that meet somebody we love.we have been paying taxes to this useless government all our life and our choice is you get 6 months together in this country.get married or shes out.ive tried to speak to this guy maybe an hour ago and hes here for 2 years im 90% sure.ill let you know tomoz.

i dont mind the 6 months together here becoz ive been lucky to go and see my mahal 4 times but like i say ive been lucky.an indian guy can have his cousin here for 2 years after an appeal but a british guy cannot bring his gf here for 2 mins unless he promises to marry or shes a gonner back to phil. mr brown:butthead: blair u comic:furious3:

wobblybob
16th March 2008, 13:23
Dear Mod it was not a post of how to break the law but how to get around it, the poster could have in fact been ill at the time of the wedding that in theory then would make everything I said 100% above the law, what I mentioned was in fact not breaking the law, it is the law.

KeithD
16th March 2008, 15:43
Dear Mod it was not a post of how to break the law but how to get around it

That is a definition of breaking the law :Erm:

walesrob
16th March 2008, 16:02
Anyway, I'm sure DavidArt has got the message now that to get round the Immigration laws is the WRONG thing to do, so follow the rules and you'll be ok.