PDA

View Full Version : new member

john s
24th March 2006, 21:44
Hi everyone, just to introduce myself as a new member.

My name is John Stewart, and like many of your members, am going through the painful process of visa application with mu Fiance. Her name is Lorie.
We are in the process of 'round' 2, as our first application was refused under the banner of 'balance of probablities', so we try agian.

I have found from the posts so much valuable information, and thank everyone for their input

Eljohno
24th March 2006, 22:01
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john s &#064; Mar 24 2006, 08&#58;44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi everyone, just to introduce myself as a new member.

My name is John Stewart, and like many of your members, am going through the painful process of visa application with mu Fiance. Her name is Lorie.
We are in the process of &#39;round&#39; 2, as our first application was refused under the banner of &#39;balance of probablities&#39;, so we try agian.

I have found from the posts so much valuable information, and thank everyone for their input
[/b][/quote]

Hi John,

welcome to the forum and by reading your post i can see this is the right time for you to have found it as you will get enough help here that will make you better prepared for your 2nd attempt so fire away with any questions regarding your process.

I suggest your first thing is that you keep doing what you have been doing so far by spending time looking around the forum to see what is there to help and believe me there is probably everything you need already here somewhere but as i have said if you cannot find it then just post some questions and the members will try their best to help...

John

john s
24th March 2006, 22:13
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 24 2006, 09&#58;01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi John,

welcome to the forum and by reading your post i can see this is the right time for you to have found it as you will get enough help here that will make you better prepared for your 2nd attempt so fire away with any questions regarding your process.

I suggest your first thing is that you keep doing what you have been doing so far by spending time looking around the forum to see what is there to help and believe me there is probably everything you need already here somewhere but as i have said if you cannot find it then just post some questions and the members will try their best to help...
John
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the welcome, and like you said this forum is so valuable. I ahve been &#39;studying&#39; it for a while, and used so much of the information for our current attempt.

I have this week sent over my next batch of documents to Lorie, with a view to her submitting the application because I am going back over to see her at Easter for 10 days, and with a good wind, we hope that she will get her interview whilw I am there.

This will be the fourth time I have been to see her since Christmas, we just hate being apart, in fact 3 weeks today I will be there.

John s

Eljohno
24th March 2006, 22:35
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john s &#064; Mar 24 2006, 09&#58;13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the welcome, and like you said this forum is so valuable. I ahve been &#39;studying&#39; it for a while, and used so much of the information for our current attempt.

I have this week sent over my next batch of documents to Lorie, with a view to her submitting the application because I am going back over to see her at Easter for 10 days, and with a good wind, we hope that she will get her interview whilw I am there.

This will be the fourth time I have been to see her since Christmas, we just hate being apart, in fact 3 weeks today I will be there.

John s
[/b][/quote]

It is great that you are able to visit so often, i will leave myself on the 3rd April where i will meet my wife and spend over 3 weeks with her and go to places like Cebu, Boracay & Rhea&#39;s home town Ozamiz.

I just got married last November in the Philippines and we submitted our spouse application around the middle of Feb and with the new ukvacs system we only had to wait two weeks for it to come through so finally my wife will return with me on the 29th April.

I got great help and support from this forum which meant i had all the right documents etc in place.

That is why i am still here on the forum so that i can try and return the help that was given to me.

John

john s
24th March 2006, 23:07
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 24 2006, 09&#58;35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It is great that you are able to visit so often, i will leave myself on the 3rd April where i will meet my wife and spend over 3 weeks with her and go to places like Cebu, Boracay & Rhea&#39;s home town Ozamiz.

I just got married last November in the Philippines and we submitted our spouse application around the middle of Feb and with the new ukvacs system we only had to wait two weeks for it to come through so finally my wife will return with me on the 29th April.

I got great help and support from this forum which meant i had all the right documents etc in place.

That is why i am still here on the forum so that i can try and return the help that was given to me.
John
[/b][/quote]

This is the first trip I have had to pay for, the previous trips were courtesy of air miles collected on business trips.

I hope you have a great trip, and I wish you and your wife good luck.

When I go, we will probably spend a day or two in Manila, the up to nanay&#39;s (they live in nueva ecija, in the baranguay of Mangga).

Like I said I cant wait to see Lorie, and her family, and it will save on the phone cards, as I currentl cal about 3 or 4 times a day.

John s

equaliser
25th March 2006, 00:56
Hi John S

Welcome to the forum. My name is Brian and my fiancee is Ashley. Our application is currently at the Embassy in Manila and we are nervously waiting on the result.

Good luck with your application

Brian

Admin
25th March 2006, 11:03
In a few months you&#39;ll be happily together and wondering what all the fuss was about. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif ....and then your mother-in-law will want to come live with you style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Eljohno
25th March 2006, 11:58
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 25 2006, 10&#58;03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
In a few months you&#39;ll be happily together and wondering what all the fuss was about. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif ....and then your mother-in-law will want to come live with you style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif
[/b][/quote]

Then the father in law, cousins, aunties etc etc etc lol

ervenescence
25th March 2006, 14:21
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 25 2006, 10&#58;58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Then the father in law, cousins, aunties etc etc etc lol
[/b][/quote]

and also the dogs, cats, birds, rabbits.. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Anyway, welcome to the gang John Stewart and goodluck for the application, hopefully you&#39;ll get it this time.

mupsuit
25th March 2006, 18:24
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john s &#064; Mar 24 2006, 10&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This is the first trip I have had to pay for, the previous trips were courtesy of air miles collected on business trips.

[/b][/quote]

John

A comment like this suggests that not only do you have a good job and that you have been in the job for some time - make sure make the Embassy aware of your employment record as this factors into the decision process

Good luck

john s
25th March 2006, 20:26
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Mar 25 2006, 05&#58;24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
John

A comment like this suggests that not only do you have a good job and that you have been in the job for some time - make sure make the Embassy aware of your employment record as this factors into the decision process

Good luck
[/b][/quote]

It is not that i have a great job, it is just the company I work for does most of its work overseas, which means lots of travelling.

I have been in the job for 9 years, and it is only ever my second job (the first was in the Army for 25 years)

I mentioned in yesterdays post that I had sent the next batch of documents to my asawa in the philippines, I used Fedex as I thought they were pretty reliable, and I could track it online. Just checked, there is an exception report stating that they could not deliver, why? they had tried to deliver to the wrong address (not even the same province)

I thought thing were going too smoothly, after all this is an application process to the British Embassy in Manila (or am I just being cynical)

Anyone else used Fedex, did they deliver OK?

John s

Eljohno
25th March 2006, 20:58
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john s &#064; Mar 25 2006, 07&#58;26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It is not that i have a great job, it is just the company I work for does most of its work overseas, which means lots of travelling.

I have been in the job for 9 years, and it is only ever my second job (the first was in the Army for 25 years)

I mentioned in yesterdays post that I had sent the next batch of documents to my asawa in the philippines, I used Fedex as I thought they were pretty reliable, and I could track it online. Just checked, there is an exception report stating that they could not deliver, why? they had tried to deliver to the wrong address (not even the same province)

I thought thing were going too smoothly, after all this is an application process to the British Embassy in Manila (or am I just being cynical)

John s
[/b][/quote]

Both my friend and i both used fedex but just to get stuff sent from the Philippines to N.Ireland as we do not have it over here but both times the parcels arrived in 4 days....

Admin
26th March 2006, 10:06
Just booked to go to Singapore for the horse racing on 13th May for 2 weeks, and realised I have enough air miles for a free trip to Orlando

Hunter3513
29th March 2006, 12:28
Hi John
Just like to say good luck on your appication process and welcome.

Irelandken
29th March 2006, 14:10
Hi John and welcome.
this forum and pete&#39;s web site are definetly a must for anyone even contemplating visa application. I&#39;ve been away from the site for a while but the information i got previously on here has been invaluable. If you cant find it here it doesn&#39;t exist....
I&#39;ve also found it hard to be seperated from my fiancee Josephine for long so have been to visit her twice since christmas and am also due to fly out again in April (12th). Our application for settlement will be submitted when I am there.Good luck with your reapplication

Ken

ginapeterb
29th March 2006, 20:31
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john s &#064; Mar 25 2006, 08&#58;26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

John s
[/b][/quote]

Hi John, I have been fedexing out to the PHILS for 2 years never had a problem except open wallet surgery, good luck with your app.

Go to my site, if you need to do some reading, hoped you have booked your wedding and told your girl before she goes for an interview, if you havnet, get cracking, ask Ivor, he will mark your card....

If you havent....go to http://www.british-filipino.com look for special fiancee update....geeeeze I am in the act of giving gifts to all men.

john s
6th May 2006, 10:45
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 24 2006, 10&#58;35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

John
[/b][/quote]

Just to let you know, (now I am back in UK), I went to philippines in April, and we submitted the application. Just got news from Lorie that her interview is set for 24th may. (back to philippines again).

having read other posts regarding waiting times at the embassy, we submitted the application (by hand) at ukvacs on friday 21st April, and Lorie got her documents back and interview date on 4th may, with interview for 24th, so a toatl waiting time of 32 days.

We are just hoping and praying for the right result&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

John s