PDA

View Full Version : Visits to the Philippine Embassy in London

ginapeterb
24th March 2006, 19:35
<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Visits to the Philippine Embassy in London </span>

Just a quick update, I visited the Philippine Embassy again today, and for those who are travelling by car, I thought I would add a little update on how to get to the Embassy, without parking up in expensive NCP Car Parks, or side roads on Parking Meters.

The Philippine Embassy is at 9a Palace Green, this is situated next to the Royal Norweigian Embassy, and the Romanian Embassy, the Embassy is about half way Palace Green, which links with Kensington Palace Gardens, runs from North to South from Notting Hill Gate and Bayswater road, or can be accessed from Kensington High Street to the south, next to the Royal Garden Hotel.

The Philippine Embassy is on a crown estate, and therefore, both entrance points are gated and controlled, at the south end, near the Royal Garden Hotel, I would advise you to come from Hyde Park corner, then up past Knightsbridge corner, and up Kensington road, once you see the Royal Garden Hotel, suggest you go into the underground car park, its tight on the way down, as with all premium parking in central London, the parking charges are expensive as is always with NCP, around £5.00 for 1.5 hours, then it goes up to £7.50 and to £10.00, this can work out expensive, if you are trying to obtain something from the Embassy the same day.

If you approach the embassy from the North, you can acess the north end of Kensington Palace Gardens, which has a security barrier, as I Said earlier its a crown estate, tell the Guard, you want to go to the Philippine Embassy, they will wave you through, you can actually drive all the way down to the Embassy, and park opposite, the machine today was actually broken, so I didnt have to pay, I parked opposite the embassy, and it was great to not have to travel on TFL or the buses to get there.

If you park up in the Royal Garden Hotel, its about a 10 minute walk up the south side of Palace Green, past the armed Met officers at the Israeli Embassy.

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"> Public Transport.</span>

If you are travelling on public transport, the nearest Tube station is Kensington High Street, on the Circle Line, once having got to the station, turn right out of the station and cross over the road, walk up for about 10 minutes, and you will see the entrance to Palace Green, next to the Royal Garden Hotel.

On leaving the bottom of Palace Green, you can take a taxi, or a Bus, buses go towards Knightsbridge, and Harrods, there you can pick up a bus to Oxford Street if you are going back that way.

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"> Types of things that happen at the Philippine Embassy.</span>

For those walk in callers, there is not much to be achieved by doing a personal visit, other than the fact, that if you have time to Kill, you can get minor things done on the same day, such as

1. Amendment of passport details.

2. Authentication of documents.

3. Application for visitors visas.

4. But not non quota visa&#39;s.

Then General trend seems to be that if you arrive in the morning, you will be asked to pay a fee, leave your paperwork with them, and you will be asked to call back later on that day, between 4 and 5pm, that is when documents or passports are ready, if its a same day service.

My advice though is to get the forms from their website, and then do a postal application, enclosing a paid for stamped envelope, and then it should be returned within 5 days.

If you are not happy about that, or its urgent, then take a day off, as thats exactly how long you will need, most times I have been there, for visas, and like today, I called back to collect, as it cannot be done on the same day, if you are not prepared to hang around Kensington High Street, the last time I did this, I waited 4 hours, drinking coffees and talking to other applicants.

Or if you live in the London area, the drop off and drive back service is better, like today, I went back at 3pm and collected my enclosures on the way home, but it is good to know, that you can actually drive down to the embassy and park up without being restricted.

Hope this helps any visitors to the Embassy from the Forum.