PDA

View Full Version : How can I search for good Pinoy cook?

marci
4th March 2008, 13:49
Good day to all:

Just now I'm trying to find a way to seek someone in UK, who knows and understands about cooking Pinoy foods.

I keep on asking around my local friends, but so far without any luck...

Can any one on this forum suggest the best way I could try to find a cook who could work in my central Birmingham cafe, in the evenings and also week-ends, making lots of really good Filipino-style foods?

Any advice or suggestion would be most welcome

thank you

Marci

Mrs.JMajor
4th March 2008, 13:59
Awww shocks i wish i'm there hehehe :D as i owned a restaurant before and im the one who cooked its just so happen i change to lending business(financing) as LPG price ,meat and all the ingredients really that high price now,not earning good those restaurants now a days :NoNo::NoNo:

wait for me till i come there :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

marci
4th March 2008, 14:25
Well, I don't really cook very well; I never had any past training or experience in this!

I just can't be cooking all day, from 7am until 4pm, making full English breakfasts, sandwiches and stuff, and then start all over again at 5pm to start cooking Pinoy foods until 10pm or whenever time at night...

I just try to look for another good cook to help me.

Maybe some one out there knows someone who could help me?

Best regards

Marci

winner
4th March 2008, 16:16
try all the hospitals were you live and put notice on there pin boards a lot of philippines people work there thay might need extra money

ervenescence
4th March 2008, 16:28
im a good cook.

I can fry sausage :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ervenescence
4th March 2008, 16:39
...and boiled rice :D

Ping
4th March 2008, 17:08
Can I apply. I'm a good cook too. My sugestion to you is to write down all the pinoy favourite recipe try to cook it and if its lacking taste add something that enhance the taste. Once you perfected the taste revised the recipe and then you can hire a local who can help you. But first you have to show her/him how to do or cook it. In cooking you used your imagination and inventiveness and try . Its like an experiment. And lastly you must have the right ingredients especially the spices to cook the pinoy food. Okay

fred
4th March 2008, 17:21
Ping..
Your husband is far too rich for you to be thinking about being a Filipino cook!!

marci
4th March 2008, 21:54
well, maybe rather a radical idea, to hire English cook to prepare Pinoy menus!

I guess Jollibee / Chow King dothis in the Philiuppines, where every menu item is exactly written down in advance; all the local franchisee has to do is just follow the exact rules...

marci
4th March 2008, 21:58
Filipino nurses already work far too hard in UK hospitals, too many hours per week. Surely they just don't need any more hours of work cooking as well!

andypaul
4th March 2008, 22:01
Filipino nurses already work far too hard in UK hospitals, too many hours per week. Surely they just don't need any more hours of work cooking as well!

But they have families and friends who want jobs.

They may also know of non Phill cooks who can do a good job at Phill foods.

andypaul
4th March 2008, 22:07
well, maybe rather a radical idea, to hire English cook to prepare Pinoy menus!

I guess Jollibee / Chow King dothis in the Philiuppines, where every menu item is exactly written down in advance; all the local franchisee has to do is just follow the exact rules...

Most Indian resturants are not run by indians:D

I can think of many national food resturants run and staffed by people orignally from different nations than the one mentioned on the sign.

Most resturants need to run to menus exact reciepes and procedures to ensure costs kept down surely?

KeithD
4th March 2008, 23:01
Most Indian resturants are not run by indians:D

They had to stop them, as many customers choked to death on arrows......

scott&ligaya
5th March 2008, 03:31
Hi Marci,
I will pop in to see you sometime next week, at my work there is a guy who runs some kind of Filipino Association here in Birmingham, I am sure he could find someone, as someone said earlier a lot of the nurses have husbands here not working our doing very boring jobs who might relish the chance to cook pinoy food.

Juana
6th March 2008, 10:21
im a good cook.

I can fry sausage :xxgrinning--00xx3:

...and boiled rice :D

in a rice cooker! :icon_lol:

danodie
7th May 2008, 19:47
Marci..
How is it goin' ?!
I work as a chef (couldn't find an office job,hehe) here in U.K and i love cooking pinoy food.

gadgets
7th May 2008, 20:08
Good day to all:
Can any one on this forum suggest the best way I could try to find a cook who could work in my central Birmingham cafe, in the evenings and also week-ends, making lots of really good Filipino-style foods?

Hi Marci - sorry can't cook but would definitely love to find out where your cafe is in central birmingham.

If there's a pinoy independence day event in brum, they sell food there maybe you can find someone there. Another option is to buy the food from someone and selling those in your cafe, a friend of mine just pays someone to cater her parties with pinoy food.

Good luck and hopefully you will find a solution and I will definitely visit your cafe for pinoy food.

ApoEagles
8th May 2008, 10:36
Good day to all:

Just now I'm trying to find a way to seek someone in UK, who knows and understands about cooking Pinoy foods.

I keep on asking around my local friends, but so far without any luck...

Any advice or suggestion would be most welcome

thank you

Marci

Hi Marci, You can hire me if you like hehehe i'm a good cook:xxgrinning--00xx3:...... well seriously, i wish i was there and i will definitely grab the chance as it's one of my passion and i do know how to cook a lot of filipino foods. ....Anyways i'm sure you can find one soon, BTW have you tried putting an advert in the window of your cafe or put inside your cafe where people or your customer can easily see it, who knows maybe they know someone and refer it to you or someone will get interested. :)