PDA

View Full Version : 2GO - warning

bobfe
23rd March 2006, 11:17
Previously if you wanted to submit an application you could take it to a 2go office and they would courier it to UKvacs. (This was stated on the British Manila Embassy web site, but today I cant find it)

I tried to do this today based on information obtained from the consul site dated Jan 2006. They say that you can take you application to any 2go office, but based on my experience today this is not correct. It turns out that you MUST phone 2go and arrange a collection.

Today(Thursday) after I carted my docs to a 2go office they told me I had to phone. Have you ever tried phoning a company in the Philippines speaking Uk english rather than American? I dont recommend it. It decimates your cell phone credit whist they put you on hold and you have to spell out every word. Try faking an american accent it helps! These jokers told me they could not collect until Saturday. I was well pissed off by then.

But it suddenly occured to me to use another courier. I used LBC and they can get it there tomorrow. Thats three days earlier.

I have to say that the folks at 2go were very polite and sympathetic to me. But, I cant recommend them in view of the above. They will check your application of course. If you find that unncessary then maybe you'd like to use another courier.

Bob

Eljohno
23rd March 2006, 14:41
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 23 2006, 10&#58;17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Previously if you wanted to submit an application you could take it to a 2go office and they would courier it to UKvacs. (This was stated on the British Manila Embassy web site, but today I cant find it)

I tried to do this today based on information obtained from the consul site dated Jan 2006. They say that you can take you application to any 2go office, but based on my experience today this is not correct. It turns out that you MUST phone 2go and arrange a collection.

Today(Thursday) after I carted my docs to a 2go office they told me I had to phone. Have you ever tried phoning a company in the Philippines speaking Uk english rather than American? I dont recommend it. It decimates your cell phone credit whist they put you on hold and you have to spell out every word. Try faking an american accent it helps&#33; These jokers told me they could not collect until Saturday. I was well pissed off by then.

But it suddenly occured to me to use another courier. I used LBC and they can get it there tomorrow. Thats three days earlier.

I have to say that the folks at 2go were very polite and sympathetic to me. But, I cant recommend them in view of the above. They will check your application of course. If you find that unncessary then maybe you&#39;d like to use another courier.

Bob
[/b][/quote]

Both Rhea & I used these people as it is what ukvacs says to use and it was not straight forward.
But friends of mine had bother with them and ended up flying up to Manila to hand the application into the ukvacs office in person which seemed to quicken up their visa...