PDA

View Full Version : how to bring my child in uk

truelove26
21st March 2006, 10:49
hi guys here i am again asking another question...i hope you can help me with this..i have a baby with my previous relationship and my husband and i are planning to bring her over here hopefully next year.the trouble is we dont know exactly what the papers that we need and what is the easiset way to get her here.what are the documents that we need.
do i need to apply alone or we both need to go back to phil???please guys help....thanks..

ginapeterb
21st March 2006, 18:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truelove26 &#064; Mar 21 2006, 09&#58;49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hi guys here i am again asking another question...i hope you can help me with this..i have a baby with my previous relationship and my husband and i are planning to bring her over here hopefully next year.the trouble is we dont know exactly what the papers that we need and what is the easiset way to get her here.what are the documents that we need.
do i need to apply alone or we both need to go back to phil???please guys help....thanks..
[/b][/quote]

Hello Trulove26, sounds like one for me to get my teeth into &#33;

So, why didnt you bring the baby when you first entered the United Kingdom ?

surely, your baby is your dependant child, so normally you would have applied for your baby to be a party to your initial visa application to enter UK, on that basis, your baby would also have been granted leave to enter the UK as your dependant.

If you havent disclosed this to the British Embassy, did they ask you, &#39;Who is looking after your child when you come to the UK "?

If they didnt, did you conceal this from them ??

Sounds to me like you have a story ? if so ? let it out &#33;, so that we can help you &#33;

Of course I am trying to read betweent the lines, which is dangerous but, what is the status of the relationship between the baby&#39;s father and the child ?

Is he on the birth certificate ?

If so, will he consent to the baby leaving the RP?

I think you need also to get consent from the DFA in Manila to have permission granted for a child to be taken from the Philippines, ( I do not know how this is done) but I believe you must be back in the RP yourself to get consent, you also don&#39;t say if you have been married to the father of the child, if so, was it annulled, and if so, what were the arrangements for the baby ?

If not married and not annuled ? does the baby have a relationship with its Father ? if not, then I suggest you make an application when back in the Philippines direct to the UKVacs service, details are at this site, if you use the search function you should find details of ukvacs.

When applying, you will need to pay the visa fee, plus processing fee plus, have a valid travel document for your baby, i.e. passport, and birth certificate of your child, then you will probably be ok, to receive a visa by post, but also, I think you should check with the DFA in Manila, as I am pretty sure, there are rules for removing a child from the Philippines that is resident there.

If you expand on your story, I might be able to push you in the right direction.

Pete

Pauldo
21st March 2006, 21:45
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Mar 21 2006, 05&#58;08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

surely, your baby is your dependant child, so normally you would have applied for your baby to be a party to your initial visa application to enter UK, on that basis, your baby would also have been granted leave to enter the UK as your dependant.

If you havent disclosed this to the British Embassy, did they ask you, &#39;Who is looking after your child when you come to the UK "?

Sounds to me like you have a story ? if so ? let it out &#33;, so that we can help you &#33;

Of course I am trying to read betweent the lines, which is dangerous but, what is the status of the relationship between the baby&#39;s father and the child ?

I think you need also to get consent from the DFA in Manila to have permission granted for a child to be taken from the Philippines, ( I do not know how this is done) but I believe you must be back in the RP yourself to get consent, you also don&#39;t say if you have been married to the father of the child, if so, was it annulled, and if so, what were the arrangements for the baby ?

If not married and not annuled ? does the baby have a relationship with its Father ? if not, then I suggest you make an application when back in the Philippines direct to the UKVacs service, details are at this site, if you use the search function you should find details of ukvacs.

When applying, you will need to pay the visa fee, plus processing fee plus, have a valid travel document for your baby, i.e. passport, and birth certificate of your child, then you will probably be ok, to receive a visa by post, but also, I think you should check with the DFA in Manila, as I am pretty sure, there are rules for removing a child from the Philippines that is resident there.

If you expand on your story, I might be able to push you in the right direction.

Pete
[/b][/quote]
My wife knows a girl working here here who got shot down in flames bringing her three kids over, &#39;cos when the errant and not-seen-for-years father was contacted he played his face and told them he was supporting the kids. All bollox, he&#39;d never paid a penny towarss their upkeep, but it threw the whole application into chaos.

And we all know what happens when the UK embassy gets its teeth into some dirt.

truelove26
22nd March 2006, 09:35
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Mar 21 2006, 05&#58;08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Pete
[/b][/quote]hi pete&#33;no of course i wasnt married to his father..we didnt see him after i gave birth for some reasons and he is not on the birth certificate of my child...we didnt include her because wen wasnt sure about how the system works but i put her in the boxes where you have to put your child..the emabassy didnt ask me who look after her and in my visa it was put 0 on the name of the dependant coz i wanst bringing any child during my application....
i am married now to a wonderful man who accept my past and is ready to adopt my baby and give his name to her..what i really wnat to know is the things that i need to produce applying for her visa...i know the solicitor will help but it will cost too much so i prefer to do it myself..
thanks for all teh trouble answering my quesries guys..i would love to have more information about this matter...thanks once again....

truelove26

Admin
22nd March 2006, 09:45
Would this not be easier if he &#39;adopted&#39; her first in the Philippines? We have all kinds of tests over here now, and it is a long process. Social Services may wonder why you left your kid in the first place&#33;

truelove26
22nd March 2006, 10:36
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 22 2006, 08&#58;45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Would this not be easier if he &#39;adopted&#39; her first in the Philippines? We have all kinds of tests over here now, and it is a long process. Social Services may wonder why you left your kid in the first place&#33;
[/b][/quote]im worried now... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif
she is with my sister right now and she has a nanny in phil who took care of her...my husband and i really really wanted her to bring her over here now that we are married....i hope there is still possible way to bring her over coz she is still my child after all....
i would appreciate any more ideas about this...many thanks....

truelove26

ginapeterb
23rd March 2006, 07:56
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truelove26 &#064; Mar 22 2006, 09&#58;36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
im worried now... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif
she is with my sister right now and she has a nanny in phil who took care of her...my husband and i really really wanted her to bring her over here now that we are married....i hope there is still possible way to bring her over coz she is still my child after all....
i would appreciate any more ideas about this...many thanks....

truelove26
[/b][/quote]

Hello trulove26, please dont worry about this anymore, you have nothing to be worried about, from what you have said, your husband has no need to adopt your child, since you are the living parent, he would be the step-Dad for a while,but in time, your daughters name can be legitamately changed to that of your family name now, this is known as a &#39;child of the family&#39; although Keith has said, you husband could adopt your baby, I see no need for that, since he will accept the role of Father in any event, and the child will grow up with you and Him, in time when you naturalize the child along with yourself, there will be no need to go through a adoption proceeding, adoptions are only really of interest if the child is an orphan, and is being placed with parents who are not blood relatives.

You also don&#39;t need a solicitor, to bring your child to UK, my suggestion is, get the appropriate forms from the UKvacs website, or you can get them here http://www.ukvacs.net or similar.

Then it would be a good idea if you were in Manila to take in the application, to UKvacs, if you need help to find these detail, you can link through to them through my site at

http://www.british-filipino.com/applicatio...settlement.html (http://www.british-filipino.com/application%20for%20settlement.html)

You need the Forum VAFW2002 once having filled in the form, the fee of £260.00 is payable locally in PHp,
you need your childs passport, and birth certificate clearly showing you as the parent, as the Fathers name is n ot on the birth certificate then you have no problems, clearly you were not married to this man, he has no rights of visitation, as far as the British Embassy is concerned, they will not ask about that, since, he has had no contact, or any relationship with the child.

I think you must go also to DFA to get release papers from them (although I am not 100 per cent certain about this), my best friend has just brought his wife to UK with 2 children in similar circumstances to you, so take heart, because they had no trouble at all at the Embassy.

I did prepare a covering letter for my freind along the lines, that the Father has no contact with his children, and that no relationship exists, I assume your baby is young, so there wouldnt be a need to have the child see a Filipino Attorney to have its wishes recorded as true.

This is normally useful, if the Embassy needs to see an affidavit, that the child is happy to leave the Philippines and enter UK and become settled in a new family.

In this case I dont think that is required, as the baby is with your sister, this is common in the Philippines, they are used to seeing this, so its now time to get your baby here with you, so go ahead and start the process, Im sure you will have nothing to worry about, and good luck with it.

Documents required

Passport for the Baby
NSO Birth Certificate with the baby&#39;s correct name on.
Fee
processing Fee for UKvacs

thats it &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Any more questions, please send them to the forum for anyone to answer.

best wishes

truelove26
23rd March 2006, 09:26
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Mar 23 2006, 06&#58;56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello trulove26, please dont worry about this anymore, you have nothing to be worried about, from what you have said, your husband has no need to adopt your child, since you are the living parent, he would be the step-Dad for a while,but in time, your daughters name can be legitamately changed to that of your family name now, this is known as a &#39;child of the family&#39; although Keith has said, you husband could adopt your baby, I see no need for that, since he will accept the role of Father in any event, and the child will grow up with you and Him, in time when you naturalize the child along with yourself, there will be no need to go through a adoption proceeding, adoptions are only really of interest if the child is an orphan, and is being placed with parents who are not blood relatives.
You also don&#39;t need a solicitor, to bring your child to UK, my suggestion is, get the appropriate forms from the UKvacs website, or you can get them here http://www.ukvacs.net or similar.

Then it would be a good idea if you were in Manila to take in the application, to UKvacs, if you need help to find these detail, you can link through to them through my site at

http://www.british-filipino.com/applicatio...settlement.html (http://www.british-filipino.com/application%20for%20settlement.html)

You need the Forum VAFW2002 once having filled in the form, the fee of £260.00 is payable locally in PHp,
you need your childs passport, and birth certificate clearly showing you as the parent, as the Fathers name is n ot on the birth certificate then you have no problems, clearly you were not married to this man, he has no rights of visitation, as far as the British Embassy is concerned, they will not ask about that, since, he has had no contact, or any relationship with the child.

I think you must go also to DFA to get release papers from them (although I am not 100 per cent certain about this), my best friend has just brought his wife to UK with 2 children in similar circumstances to you, so take heart, because they had no trouble at all at the Embassy.

I did prepare a covering letter for my freind along the lines, that the Father has no contact with his children, and that no relationship exists, I assume your baby is young, so there wouldnt be a need to have the child see a Filipino Attorney to have its wishes recorded as true.

This is normally useful, if the Embassy needs to see an affidavit, that the child is happy to leave the Philippines and enter UK and become settled in a new family.

In this case I dont think that is required, as the baby is with your sister, this is common in the Philippines, they are used to seeing this, so its now time to get your baby here with you, so go ahead and start the process, Im sure you will have nothing to worry about, and good luck with it.

Documents required
Passport for the Baby
NSO Birth Certificate with the baby&#39;s correct name on.
Fee
processing Fee for UKvacs

thats it &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Any more questions, please send them to the forum for anyone to answer.

best wishes
[/b][/quote]pete than you very much for all the information....it really helps a lot...its like a breath of fresh air...thanks again pete....

truelove26