PDA

View Full Version : sponsor employment , fiancee visa

jim2376
20th March 2006, 11:33
hello , my present work is a temporary contract. I've been working a month and will be in the same job when my gf applies for the fiancee visa with baby dependant. It'll most likely go permanent. Would it be ok to apply whilst the contract i would provide would say temporary on it ? Or will the visa people turn their nose up and deny the app? I think legally it would be acceptable to them , but what their personal take on that is we dont know do we? What do you think ?Grounds for refusal?

Cheers Jim

mupsuit
20th March 2006, 19:59
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jim2376 &#064; Mar 20 2006, 10&#58;33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hello , my present work is a temporary contract. I&#39;ve been working a month and will be in the same job when my gf applies for the fiancee visa with baby dependant. It&#39;ll most likely go permanent. Would it be ok to apply whilst the contract i would provide would say temporary on it ? Or will the visa people turn their nose up and deny the app? I think legally it would be acceptable to them , but what their personal take on that is we dont know do we? What do you think ?Grounds for refusal?

Cheers Jim
[/b][/quote]

I believe that a major consideration for them is simply to be sure that you can support your fiancee (and baby) -

Logically a temporary contract will carry less weight in their consideration ... speak to your boss and try to get it made permanent before you apply -

I think this would be better but if you can demonstrate that although on a temporary contract you have been continuously employed for X number of years and are likely to remain so - this would be seen positively

I was working on a contract basis for fourteen years (2 years at a time) for three separate employers up to the time we applied for a spouse visa - and had the same worry .. my wife is here in the UK so they accepted this situation

Good luck

Eljohno
20th March 2006, 21:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jim2376 &#064; Mar 20 2006, 10&#58;33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hello , my present work is a temporary contract. I&#39;ve been working a month and will be in the same job when my gf applies for the fiancee visa with baby dependant. It&#39;ll most likely go permanent. Would it be ok to apply whilst the contract i would provide would say temporary on it ? Or will the visa people turn their nose up and deny the app? I think legally it would be acceptable to them , but what their personal take on that is we dont know do we? What do you think ?Grounds for refusal?

Cheers Jim
[/b][/quote]

Jim when i applied for the spouse visa i had only started a new job so i was and still am on a 6 month trial although the job will end up permanent but i was only able to send two wage slips, one from my new job and the other one from a part time delivery job i took on. It might help if you got a part time job also and you will have another wage slip and it looks better but i suppose i cannot be sure if this did actually make a difference to our application.

John

ginapeterb
21st March 2006, 08:18

Cheers Jim
[/b][/quote]

Jim, assuminb you UK Citizen, ( as we also get Filipinos on here who are ocw&#39;s in UK) So assuming you are not one of them, if your contract is temporary, so much employment these days is temporary contracts, dont worry too much about that, you say only 1 month, you have to present 6 months bank statements, showing evidence of your ability to support your fiancee and the dependant child.

This will be the only situation you will need to plan for, evidence of support, evidence of accomodation in the UK, and stable employment, temp contracts are ok, if they are ongoing, subject to renewal etc, so as Mupsuit says, you should not encounter too much of a problem, provided you plan for it.

bobfe
21st March 2006, 10:14
You only have to show you can support here for up to 6 months when the visa expires.
In my own situation I have no permananent employment but enough savings to clearly keep us both for years. So I dont see any problem with that.

Bob