PDA

View Full Version : Determining marriage status of someone in Philippines

DaveUK
25th February 2008, 13:10
Is it possible to find out if someone in the Philippines is married or not from a government agency or something? Or are they bound by similar data protection laws as in the UK?

kimmi
25th February 2008, 13:16
U can check at the local registrar to know if she's married and if u want to know if she's really working from that govt agency why dont u call the agency to be sure that she's really working there?? I am pretty sure they will tell u if ever..

DaveUK
25th February 2008, 13:20
I don't need to know about working status, I just wondered if it was possible to determine someone's marriage status officially.

Cheers for the info though Kimmi :-)

baboyako
25th February 2008, 13:20
ask her to get a cenomar certificate?

DaveUK
25th February 2008, 13:23
ask her to get a cenomar certificate?

What is one of those?

kimmi
25th February 2008, 13:25
Certificate of No Marriage..she can get it at our NSO then u can prove that she's really single..

DaveUK
25th February 2008, 13:29
Cool. Cheers.

ginapeterb
25th February 2008, 18:32
Yes Dave, check out the status of your Filipino babe, and be careful about having sex with a woman who says she is married but waiting for an anulment, Kieth always says on this forum, do not and we repeat do not
Get involved with married Filipino women

The David Scott saga shows us all that it is sheer folly to do this, its fine if they are in UK, but not in the Philippines, you may run the risk of being arrested by the NBI or the Police or both, or have a mission warrant issued by the Commissioner for Immigration.

A Mission warrant is signed by a Commissioner, and can place the foreigner in gaol without trial for months, this has happened to many foreigners who find themselves in prison without trial, even though the supreme court has ordered the Bureau of Immigration to release the prisoner.

i THINK WE HAVE ALL LEARNED NOW, MARRIED FILIPINOS (Female) are to be kept at long arms length.

Challenge the girl to produce the cenomar, (certificate of singleness) before you enter into any horizontal olympics.

Its good advice...take it.

andypaul
25th February 2008, 21:50
As well as the authorities as you rightly say families may well get a little bit angry least to say the hubby!!
If you have a punch up in phill firstly many phills will have access to weapons (most of the families houses have machetes and other clubs around in case burglar bill turned up one night as the police will be in no hurry)
Also if the police do turn up and if a whitey invollved they will be there with the blues and twos on, to give out fines. How do you explain the adultery away???