PDA

View Full Version : Full copy?

bobfe
18th March 2006, 10:45
Hope this question isnt too dumb for you again

THe embassy wants 'A full copy of the sponsor's passport including the personal information page'
Surely this is a paradox. Cause 'full' must mean everything.

Anyway do they want copies of the blank pages?

Also on this topic they ask for a copy of all documents submitted. So do they wants copies of all the photos cards receipts etc I am submitting. Before I thought not but now it sounds like they mean thes as well. It's a huge job.

Bob

walesrob
18th March 2006, 11:09
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 18 2006, 09&#58;45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

THe embassy wants &#39;A full copy of the sponsor&#39;s passport including the personal information page&#39;
Surely this is a paradox. Cause &#39;full&#39; must mean everything.

Also on this topic they ask for a copy of all documents submitted. So do they wants copies of all the photos cards receipts etc I am submitting. Before I thought not but now it sounds like they mean thes as well. It&#39;s a huge job.

Bob
[/b][/quote]

Bob, the Embassy will want a full copy of your passport, every page, even the blanks, and in the order it appears in the passport. Say hello to Mr Photocopier/Scanner (delete as appropriate) and reams of A4 paper&#33; Yep, they will also want copies of everything, unless you don&#39;t need it again - the Embassy keeps documents for a "period of time". Example - I didn&#39;t copy my payslips for Elsa&#39;s interview, and used the originals, and 1 year later, they are still sat somewhere in the Embassy Building in Manila style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif The won&#39;t give them back unless I say please Sir, thank you Sir and write them a nice letter style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif ....

Caveat emptor, my information could be out of date, as applications are now done by Courier once again, so maybe they will send back the originals and keep the copies?

Eljohno
18th March 2006, 12:22
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 18 2006, 09&#58;45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

THe embassy wants &#39;A full copy of the sponsor&#39;s passport including the personal information page&#39;
Surely this is a paradox. Cause &#39;full&#39; must mean everything.

Also on this topic they ask for a copy of all documents submitted. So do they wants copies of all the photos cards receipts etc I am submitting. Before I thought not but now it sounds like they mean thes as well. It&#39;s a huge job.

Bob
[/b][/quote]

Bob what i did was photocopy my photo, and all the pages that were stamped in my passport...

Admin
18th March 2006, 14:29
You are supposed to have the passport copies certified by a solicitor, most do it for free, if they charge more than £30, go elsewhere.

Eljohno
18th March 2006, 14:38
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 18 2006, 01&#58;29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You are supposed to have the passport copies certified by a solicitor, most do it for free, if they charge more than £30, go elsewhere.
[/b][/quote]

We never went near a Solicitor and they seemed to accept that ok&#33;

Admin
18th March 2006, 14:44
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 18 2006, 01&#58;38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We never went near a Solicitor and they seemed to accept that ok&#33;
[/b][/quote]
They must have been asleep, it does state it needs to be a ceritified copy. Best to make sure it is, than take a gamble.

Eljohno
18th March 2006, 15:11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 18 2006, 01&#58;44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
They must have been asleep, it does state it needs to be a ceritified copy. Best to make sure it is, than take a gamble.
[/b][/quote]

My friend just recently got his accepted without using the solicitor but you are right Keith how annoying to have everything at the ukvacs office only for the photocopies to be sent back to the UK....

Admin
18th March 2006, 17:40
I think they are just flying through the backlog at the moment, once that is cleared, they&#39;ll go back to the &#39;rules&#39;. So best to be safe than sorry, and keep all bases covered.

ivor&mel
18th March 2006, 19:47
The UKVACS site (http://www.ukvacs.net/Documents/SETTLEMENTSPONSORED.pdf) just says "A full copy of the sponsor’s passport, including the personal details page and all stamped pages.". If you photocopy the blank pages, wouldn't that be an empty copy? :D

But I think that the wording they use is poorly written: if "full" means all pages including blanks, then why do they mention only the personal details and stamped pages? They should either say ALL pages, or not give OBVIOUS examples. Or perhaps "including" means "including only"...?

And as for certification of the copies, is that really necessary? I don't remember seeing that on an official site at all?! We made our application with no certification, just straight photocopies of all pages with information on. But perhaps we were part of this backlog :)

As an aside, why is there such a backlog? Is this owing to heavy demand or past slowness by the Embassy?

Will the embassy go back to the "rules"? I thought they enjoyed changing them and making up their own! :)

Ivor

Admin
18th March 2006, 23:40
I wouldn&#39;t call it slowness........more &#39;backward&#39; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

ginapeterb
19th March 2006, 09:09
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 18 2006, 10&#58;40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wouldn&#39;t call it slowness........more &#39;backward&#39; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Its only because Jacquie Lewin doesnt like anyone from FilipinoUK Forum, so watch out....

bobfe
20th March 2006, 10:53
Thanks for the above.

There is absolutely nothing on the embassy or Uk vacs about getting any document authenticated by anyone.
Is it necessary to be psychic to get a visa?

Bob

walesrob
20th March 2006, 11:46
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 20 2006, 09&#58;53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

There is absolutely nothing on the embassy or Uk vacs about getting any document authenticated by anyone.

Bob
[/b][/quote]

When Elsa applied for her visa, I didn&#39;t get my passport copies authenticated. In fact I signed them myself style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif Maybe now in this day and age of computers, the Embassy will be able to check your movements just by tapping in your passport number, it won&#39;t surprise me if its true. If I were you, I&#39;d play it safe, get the passport authenticated.

ginapeterb
20th March 2006, 17:58
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 20 2006, 09&#58;53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the above.

Bob
[/b][/quote]

Bob, youre right there is no mention of this procedure, but to be truthful, I think you are right about being psychic, but then you can always take Jacqueline Lewin out for dinner, and suck up to her, to get your visa, btu then again ??