PDA

View Full Version : Annulment Trial Finally Over...

mavid
22nd February 2008, 06:00
Hooray! Annulment Trials are finally over...atleast!! after 3 yrs! after being pospostned 3 times because of lawyers's funny tummy, chaotic traffics that led to the judge to be stuck somewhere & court rooms lack of time!

So it's just the decision i have to wait....Hope the light after this long tunnel will be bright white lol!

aromulus
22nd February 2008, 07:35
Hooray! So it's just the decision i have to wait....Hope the light after this long tunnel will be bright white lol!

Good luck.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
22nd February 2008, 10:18
....and during that wait, visa fees have gone up 3200% :omg:

familylawyer
22nd February 2008, 10:27
three long years......
wow, maybe your lawyer charges big appearance fee!
hahahaha

goodluck anyway!

decisions can be done in 2 weeks, you know.
if the clerk of court is the friend of your lawyer.

mavid
22nd February 2008, 12:09
Thanks Aromulus :)

It sucks! but can't stop them from raising their fees... lol So I guess we'll just stay here if we can't afford it lol

Family Lawyer:

My annulment story is bit complicated thats why it took ages and maybe some instances of incompetency on the side of my lawyer lol

"decisions can be done in 2 weeks, you know."

I heard about that...the lucky ones.

kimmi
22nd February 2008, 13:01
Congrats mavid and Goodluck with visa applications if ever..:)

Pepe n Pilar
22nd February 2008, 14:40
Hi Mavid, Wow! after 3 years? Well at least your through with it. Mine was finished after 7 months and now decision will be released on Tuesday. There is the OSG and the finality at last!.

To familylawyer. Decision in 2 weeks? That is very fast...You said if the clerk of court is a friend of the lawyer? can she make the decision without the instructions from the Judge?

mavid
22nd February 2008, 15:31
Maraming Salamat Kimmi and itsme_ye:)

Yes three years...But honestly...I don't really mind now that it took that long.
That 3 years is in the past now...it has been lived and enjoyed.

What matters is...we are getting there.:)

Pepe n Pilar
22nd February 2008, 15:40
Definitely when we look forward from the day we file the annulment it seems so tiring thinking of expenses to be incurred plus the times to be spent with the lawyer and etc etc but when you look back you will say that it is worth the waiting and for me 7 months is not that long!

mavid
22nd February 2008, 15:45
I second that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd February 2008, 15:59
To Familylawyer, if the grounds for annulment is very simple i guess even if the lawyer do something following the usual routine, and if you are lucky to be assigned to a good Judge then there is no hearing anymore. So The clerk of Court and the lawyer has nothing to say on this. I thought if the lawyer knows the Judge and the Clerk of Court then it will be faster and easier but in my case my lawyer was surprised when he was told by the clerk of court that she needs my signature, Psychologist and the witness and there's no hearing just the pre-trial and done

Mrs Daddy
23rd February 2008, 18:57
Hope the light after this long tunnel will be bright white lol!

and hope its night the bright light inside tunnel:DGoodluck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mavid
24th February 2008, 11:02
Thanks Mrs Daddy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
24th February 2008, 11:09
Thanks Aromulus :)

It sucks! but can't stop them from raising their fees... lol So I guess we'll just stay here if we can't afford it lol

Family Lawyer:

My annulment story is bit complicated thats why it took ages and maybe some instances of incompetency on the side of my lawyer lol

"decisions can be done in 2 weeks, you know."

I heard about that...the lucky ones.

you're right,the judge and my lawyer are kumpare so its like "luto" w/c is favor on me :Cuckoo:

mavid
24th February 2008, 11:14
You lucky one! hehehe:xxgrinning--00xx3:

familylawyer
26th February 2008, 08:20
To Familylawyer, if the grounds for annulment is very simple i guess even if the lawyer do something following the usual routine, and if you are lucky to be assigned to a good Judge then there is no hearing anymore. So The clerk of Court and the lawyer has nothing to say on this. I thought if the lawyer knows the Judge and the Clerk of Court then it will be faster and easier but in my case my lawyer was surprised when he was told by the clerk of court that she needs my signature, Psychologist and the
witness and there's no hearing just the pre-trial and done

who told you that you need not appear?

FACT TO CONSIDER:
1. You need to be present when you will testify except if your testimony will be taken through written interrogatories.
2. You need not appear for the preliminary conference and pre-trail hearings, if you had executed a Special Power of Attorney infavor of your lawyer.
3. If your ground is psychological incapacity, then the psychiatrist needs to examine you.
4. If the lawyer is a friend of the clerk of court, the trial dates and decision can be worked out (faster).

familylawyer
26th February 2008, 08:25
Hi Mavid, Wow! after 3 years? Well at least your through with it. Mine was finished after 7 months and now decision will be released on Tuesday. There is the OSG and the finality at last!.

To familylawyer. Decision in 2 weeks? That is very fast...You said if the clerk of court is a friend of the lawyer? can she make the decision without the instructions from the Judge?

Hmmmmmm did i say that? hehehehe

I mean, if the lawyer knows the clerk of court, he can write the decision and usually, the judge would just review and sign it. Remember, most judges have many cases to decide (both criminal and civil cases). So most delegate the task to their clerk of court, and sometimes to the court staff.

Pepe n Pilar
26th February 2008, 14:56
three long years......
wow, maybe your lawyer charges big appearance fee!
hahahaha

goodluck anyway!

decisions can be done in 2 weeks, you know.

:)

chino
26th February 2008, 20:32
good luck for the visa now!

rowena
14th March 2008, 00:17
message for its iye...
hi iye..i want to ask you some questions privately but i can't send it here, i have a limited access and i dnt know how to do it. is it possible to write email you?

charlwill
14th March 2008, 02:25
message for its iye...
hi iye..i want to ask you some questions privately but i can't send it here, i have a limited access and i dnt know how to do it. is it possible to write email you?

hi rowena,
can i talk to u privately? just add me.

KeithD
14th March 2008, 10:59
can i talk to u privately?

As long as my wife doesn't find out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
14th March 2008, 12:56
As long as my wife doesn't find out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
14th March 2008, 15:47
Hi Rowena, welcome to the friendly forum. Yes you can e-mail me. Hope i can be of help.