PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got advice on prams and travel systems?

MadWelsh
20th February 2008, 14:07
Going to be a dad in 4 weeks, currently in the minefield of prams etc So far anything decent is like remortgage-time, missus likes the quinny buzz but for everything, (travel system, pram, car seat etc) looking at 600- 700 quid :omg:

Any members got any experience with practical good brands?

eljean
20th February 2008, 14:30
go to argos its cheaper there...:D

joebloggs
20th February 2008, 15:12
get a pram where the front wheels are not fixed, or you'll be throwing it away within weeks :Brick: and go :Rasp::Cuckoo: trying to turn the :censored: thing, get one that folds in from side to side, so it doesn't fill the whole of your car boot :yikes:...

looking back i wouldn't have bought a travel system one, never use some of it, the car seat is prob only good for 9 months i think, and you will have to buy another...

dont buy the cheapest prams, becuase it will not last, i ended up buying most of our stuff from boots,, like i said most of the travel system was never used, but i got it cheap (wasted £200 mamas & papa's), so i can't complain too much as it should have been £600, ended up buying the little guy a maclaren pram around £100 :xxgrinning--00xx3:, light weight, folds really small, but no good for a new born, think for 9months +

KeithD
20th February 2008, 15:24
If it can't walk, leave it in the bath.

LadyJ
20th February 2008, 17:20
Cheaper in ebay if you want to save money...use the option of 'nearest on your postcode' so you can collect the travel system.

joebloggs
20th February 2008, 17:30
If it can't walk, leave it in the bath.

if i leave little joe in the bath, where am i gonna sleep :doh

:D

yes ebay ok, depends what you buy, you don't want a pram that another kids been sick in :vomit-smiley-011:, i bought little joes cot/bed off ebay, like new, mamas & papa's top of the range, cost £350 in the shops, paid £80 for it, threw the mattress away, bought a new one for £35 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
20th February 2008, 17:41
I've changed my sons travel system twice in 8 months and they are all from ebay, ofcourse I only chose those like nearly new and I just washed the covers before I use it to my son and my son had a rocking crib when he's a little younger from ebay bought £10 and it was excellent condition, now he's a bit bigger and no longer needed the rocking crib so I sold it again in ebay at the same price.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
20th February 2008, 17:47
In the Arab world you can exchange the baby for a pram :)

aromulus
20th February 2008, 21:31
threw the mattress away, bought a new one for £35 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A month worth of Sky subscription...???:Erm:

Feeling ok...???:omg:

Ann07
20th February 2008, 23:34
Try ebay its really cheap we bought some stuff there we also try argos and mothercare great price.. mamas and papas so expensive:omg::omg:but for the travel system esp with the car seat its advisable to get a brand new so we get ours from mothercare.. its pram-to- pushchair in one with the baby carry cot , car seat etc...

andypaul
21st February 2008, 00:15
Ask around and find a couple with a kid or kids a few years older?