PDA

View Full Version : Pinoy Restaurant?

ervenescence
17th March 2006, 00:41
Hello everyone,

Who amongst you here lives in London? Because on May this year, we will be going there just to watch the concert of Westlife. Me and Geoff (husband) was thinking of looking for a Filipino Restaurant there? Is there anyone? Anybody knows?
Please let me know, and give the address if you could.

Cheers

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
Erve

ginapeterb
17th March 2006, 04:12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ervenescence &#064; Mar 16 2006, 11&#58;41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello everyone,

Who amongst you here lives in London? Because on May this year, we will be going there just to watch the concert of Westlife. Me and Geoff (husband) was thinking of looking for a Filipino Restaurant there? Is there anyone? Anybody knows?
Please let me know, and give the address if you could.

Cheers
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
Erve
[/b][/quote]

Yes no problem, it is here at :

Admin
17th March 2006, 09:52
I&#39;m off to see Whitesnake in Liverpool in June, can&#39;t wait. Hopefully get tickets for Iron Maiden at the NEC, if I can decide whether I can be style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/butthead.gif driving that far style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

ervenescence
18th March 2006, 14:37
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Mar 17 2006, 03&#58;12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes no problem, it is here at :
[/b][/quote]

Thank you very much Pete, looking forward to it.

walesrob
18th March 2006, 15:46
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 17 2006, 08&#58;52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I&#39;m off to see Whitesnake in Liverpool in June, can&#39;t wait. Hopefully get tickets for Iron Maiden at the NEC, if I can decide whether I can be style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/butthead.gif driving that far style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif
[/b][/quote]

Whitesnake&#33; Iron Maiden&#33; Wow, rock dinosaurs style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

Admin
18th March 2006, 17:41
Yeah, can&#39;t wait for the Westlife gig in 2020 style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

ginapeterb
19th March 2006, 09:15
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 18 2006, 04&#58;41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, can&#39;t wait for the Westlife gig in 2020 style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif
[/b][/quote]

Nugroovz are doing a gig at the Barrio Fiesta, the lead singer Glen has promised me, that they will be doing a number " Wherever you will go" by the Calling, just for FilpinoUK Forum members, at my request, the only thing he asks, is that we rush the stage when they sing it..heheheheheh, the details are on the barrio fiesta page at http://www.british-filipino.com/barriofiesta.html

andypaul
19th March 2006, 10:53
As well as Petes suggestion don&#39;t forget that Earls court has a few pinoy eatries nearby to the Tube station. But i think from what others say Josephines is the best choice for a big night out style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Eljohno
19th March 2006, 12:11
I love the fact that there is a filipino cafe here in N.Ireland were Rhea can visit and thats where i have been buying my rice so far but i think now that when Rhea arrives i will need to bring the bags of rice home in a wheelbarrow lol.

andypaul
19th March 2006, 13:39
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 19 2006, 11&#58;11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I love the fact that there is a filipino cafe here in N.Ireland were Rhea can visit and thats where i have been buying my rice so far but i think now that when Rhea arrives i will need to bring the bags of rice home in a wheelbarrow lol.
[/b][/quote]

LOL make sure you have room for the Rice in your Kitchen. I remeber my Wifes first day in the UK, after getting back in glorious sunshine and having a quick nap we woke up to a dark sky and the rain pouring down in the afternoon. We headed to the local high street and to this local asian shop which i had noticed down a side road of the high street just before i left.

We walked in and straight away the Missus was in heaven ice tea sachets, proper size soy sauce bottles etc and most important was her papaya soap&#33;&#33;

We are just off to check the second Pinoy shop which has opened in the same street in the last few weeks. I will make a little review of both for those intrested.

ginapeterb
19th March 2006, 17:30
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Mar 19 2006, 12&#58;39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
LOL make sure you have room for the Rice in your Kitchen. I remeber my Wifes first day in the UK, after getting back in glorious sunshine and having a quick nap we woke up to a dark sky and the rain pouring down in the afternoon. We headed to the local high street and to this local asian shop which i had noticed down a side road of the high street just before i left.

We walked in and straight away the Missus was in heaven ice tea sachets, proper size soy sauce bottles etc and most important was her papaya soap&#33;&#33;

We are just off to check the second Pinoy shop which has opened in the same street in the last few weeks. I will make a little review of both for those intrested.
[/b][/quote]

That would be great as I would love to hear those reviews of the shops you go to, thanks for that, I was in Earls court last week, and didnt realize there are some eateries along that place where the Manila Supermarket is, I saw across the road, there is another Fil market, so let us know what you find thanks.

andypaul
26th March 2006, 00:20
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Mar 19 2006, 04&#58;30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That would be great as I would love to hear those reviews of the shops you go to, thanks for that, I was in Earls court last week, and didnt realize there are some eateries along that place where the Manila Supermarket is, I saw across the road, there is another Fil market, so let us know what you find thanks.
[/b][/quote]

Well we went last Sunday and after that i forgot to write a mini review (sorry im not the greatest review writer) of our two local Phill shops.

We live near to west drayton which is umm just above Heathrow and mainly famous for housing the air traffic control centre for ( i think the london area). It is also on the railway line between slough and paddington.

Before my wife arrived i would notice many Phills around thanks mainly to the large hospitals nearby and of course the Hotels around heathrow.

I had noticed that there was an oriential shop which had opened up just before my wife arrived in the UK but did not venture inside it untill the day my wife arrived in october.

From the outside it looks fairly small but when you go though the door it is surprisely well stocked for what is quite a small area of shop. Like i mentioned previously my wife found many brands which made her feel imediatley like she was back in Phill. Packs of Ice Tea, papaya soap, proper soy sauce,noodles, vinegar etc.

The shop mentioned above is in Fairfield road just opposite tescos, both can be seen from the high street.

The other shop is silghty further down the road on the same side as the tescos. This has opened recently and has a fairly large selection of products also. With a larger selection of rice from what i have seen.

Both shops are on the small to medium size, smaller than the manilia supermarket in hogath road in earls court. But about the size of the filipino supermarket in kenway road earls court although with out the butchers shop at the back.

I will edit this post with the names of the stores etc if requested.

West drayton is right on the edge of london, easy to reach from the m25, m4 and via train. Car parking can be found behind the tescos.

Both of the shops would be fine on its own for my wife but having two is very handy indeed.

baboyako
6th May 2006, 22:19
I live in earls court style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

there are two supermarkets. In one there is an upstairs where you can sent remittances (open sunday)or send a cellphone load. there is also a few remitance sending shops (these are closed on sunday). there is also a small restuarant (actually there are two come to think of it).

on earls court road there is another restuarant with a disco - advertises as thursday nights, but not sure about that if anyone wants me to investigate this...

both restuarants are not as &#39;classy&#39; as the one in bloomsbury.

The supermarket has all the stuff you might need - dried mango, tocino mix, afritada/menudo mix, bopis style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif ,rice, pancit, rice,rice etc. also newspapers & pinoy dvds..

There is also a philipine travel agency.

Maybe I&#39;ll just go out with a notebook next time & give you a proper review.