PDA

View Full Version : Skype

Admin
15th March 2006, 21:31
We use skype quite a bit and have just got hold of this little babe from Linksys. You can buy it here - Savastore (http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=19077&a=1207534&g=661582)

A little expensive, but it looks good, works brilliant, and you soon get the money back when you consider how long the missus spends on the phone style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Linksys CIT200 Cordless Skype Handset £71.39

mupsuit
16th March 2006, 16:53
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 15 2006, 09&#58;31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We use skype quite a bit and have just got hold of this little babe from Linksys. You can buy it here - Savastore (http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=19077&a=1207534&g=661582)

A little expensive, but it looks good, works brilliant, and you soon get the money back when you consider how long the missus spends on the phone style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Linksys CIT200 Cordless Skype Handset £71.39
[/b][/quote]

I like Skype - or any other VOIP service - we use headphones and mike - broadband connection in UK and dial up in PI - it is not the best connection for voice but it works

at the same time we use the web cam - nice to see everybody

This has made a huge difference to my wife - she can speak to her family almost every day - and it does not cost anything other than our BB subscription

worth every penny

Eljohno
16th March 2006, 17:26
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Mar 16 2006, 03&#58;53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I like Skype - or any other VOIP service - we use headphones and mike - broadband connection in UK and dial up in PI - it is not the best connection for voice but it works

at the same time we use the web cam - nice to see everybody

This has made a huge difference to my wife - she can speak to her family almost every day - and it does not cost anything other than our BB subscription

worth every penny
[/b][/quote]

The two problems with skype i had (although i think its a great idea) is that when i bought credit and phoned Rhea she could not make out what i was saying very well and it seems in my experience difficult to use it if you are using an internet cafe.

Maybe it was down to my headsets are just because it was the Philippines i am not sure&#33;&#33;

Admin
16th March 2006, 19:11
Never had a problem with it. Thing about an Internet cafe is it is shared bandwidth, so she was probably getting dialup speed, which is not enough for phone calls.

Eljohno
16th March 2006, 19:49
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 16 2006, 06&#58;11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Never had a problem with it. Thing about an Internet cafe is it is shared bandwidth, so she was probably getting dialup speed, which is not enough for phone calls.
[/b][/quote]

The bad signal was phoning Rhea&#39;s mobile but usually when i use it pc - pc it works great.

In Ozamiz where Rhea lives(not for much longer) not many pcs have headsets or even skype dowloaded which is probably why i never tried using it more.

Admin
16th March 2006, 20:58
We seldom get a clear mobile signal whatever phone we use......always sounds like it is routed through Ghostbusters style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

ervenescence
17th March 2006, 00:25
Same here, I use Skype whenever I chatted with my family on the other side of the planet. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif Its not perfect but its good compare to other service. Good voice quality, we can hear each other clearly and its fun because everybody likes to talk together and making face on the webcam while chatting. But the webcam is not as good as the yahoo messenger, so I stick with the yahoo webcam. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
Erve

Admin
17th March 2006, 09:50
Problem with Yahoo is it is virus ridden, and opens up your ports for hackers to take advantage of. Most people have now deleted it from their system once I proved to them that was why their system kept getting infected, with spyware, malware, trojans, etc.

ervenescence
18th March 2006, 18:32
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 17 2006, 08&#58;50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Problem with Yahoo is it is virus ridden, and opens up your ports for hackers to take advantage of. Most people have now deleted it from their system once I proved to them that was why their system kept getting infected, with spyware, malware, trojans, etc.
[/b][/quote]

I wouldn&#39;t mind at all style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/action-smiley-075.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/peepwall.gif