PDA

View Full Version : How can Overseas find EMPLOYER/JOB in UK?

sunillangeh
15th February 2008, 06:50
Hi all, Firstly I would like to introduce myself as a Bachelor Indian Guy having Masters (BCA+MCA) in Computers with approx. 2yrs of Experience from IT companies on JAVA Platform,
Dear all now i need your help – How i can find a JOB/Employer in UK? As I m from India and don't have any VISA yet. But desperately want to work in UK.
Plz reply for this post with your Experienced and favorable Suggestions.

Thnx.

KeithD
15th February 2008, 10:00
Search the forum, plenty of posts on why you will not get a job in UK now with new EU laws. In fact we are sending plenty home now.

sunillangeh
15th February 2008, 10:46
Thnx win, could u plz explain EU law in short words.....

Search the forum, plenty of posts on why you will not get a job in UK now with new EU laws. In fact we are sending plenty home now.

KeithD
15th February 2008, 11:03
You MUST be an EU resident.

joebloggs
15th February 2008, 11:16
if your r 24 and have a masters degree and also pay slips, then hsmp might be the way for you to work in the uk.

you might need to get your degree evaluated by http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=16

its a points based system, and you need 75, but there will be changes this year to it

http://www.skillclear.co.uk/hsmp-highly-skilled-migrant-programme-points-calculator.asp

you apply for a hsmp visa, and if granted you apply for entry clearance...

then you can come to the uk and apply for most jobs.. you don't need a job offer, unlike a workpermit visa.

sunillangeh
15th February 2008, 11:31
Thnx for the quick reply joe, actually i have gone through the HSMP point calculator and i score only 65 pnts (bco'z of less points in salary), so plz suggest how can i apply for HSMP...

if your r 24 and have a masters degree and also pay slips, then hsmp might be the way for you to work in the uk.

you might need to get your degree evaluated by http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=16

its a points based system, and you need 75, but there will be changes this year to it

http://www.skillclear.co.uk/hsmp-highly-skilled-migrant-programme-points-calculator.asp

you apply for a hsmp visa, and if granted you apply for entry clearance...

then you can come to the uk and apply for most jobs.. you don't need a job offer, unlike a workpermit visa.

joebloggs
15th February 2008, 12:04
well if you've not enough points, you would have to try to find an employer who can apply for a workpermit for you, like keith said, it will not be easy, as europeans would have the right to apply for it first, but once you've got a workpermit and have enough points, then you could apply for hsmp from inside the uk, and be free of work permit restrictions.

sunillangeh
15th February 2008, 12:16
Dear joe, 2 questions are arising in my mind:-
1. If i suppose to be in UK on the bases of Holiday maker visa, can i apply for HSMP with being in UK?
2. How can i find employers who have the rights to sponsor me?

Plz reply...

well if you've not enough points, you would have to try to find an employer who can apply for a workpermit for you, like keith said, it will not be easy, as europeans would have the right to apply for it first, but once you've got a workpermit and have enough points, then you could apply for hsmp from inside the uk, and be free of work permit restrictions.

joebloggs
15th February 2008, 12:26
yes i think you can apply for hsmp while in the uk on a working holiday visa..

where do you find employers, a catch 22, you would have to apply for jobs online etc, and hope one will apply for a workpermit for you, but most dont' want the hassle of doing it and also they want the employee in the uk already..

sunillangeh
15th February 2008, 12:33
ok, thnx u very much joe, thnx again for clearing my doubts, so finally clear me only one thing, is it right to me if i apply firstly for H-maker visa?

yes i think you can apply for hsmp while in the uk on a working holiday visa..

where do you find employers, a catch 22, you would have to apply for jobs online etc, and hope one will apply for a workpermit for you, but most dont' want the hassle of doing it and also they want the employee in the uk already..