PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! What is going through U.K. immigration like for filipina's?

nigel
14th February 2008, 21:04
Some of you will know that my Vimvie (super seksi, funny, intelligent, filipina extraodinaire!) will be flying to the U.K. next week! I just want to ask all the filipina's 'what is it like going through immigration?' I mean, just to be sure 'what paperwork is needed?' and 'do they ask you questions?' I just want to make doubly sure we are organized, and I want things to run smoothly..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th February 2008, 21:18
It's a lot quicker going through immigrant immigration into the UK, than a UK passport holder :Brick:

aromulus
14th February 2008, 21:28
It's a lot quicker going through immigrant immigration into the UK, than a UK passport holder :Brick:

Yup.............

That Eyetie passport of mine works wonders....:rolleyes:

When Jet arrived in September, she was only asked to show her passport and the Marriage Certificate.

She breezeed through without any hassle.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I wouldn't worry at all.
Just make sure you have a nice warm coat for when she comes out... Gloves would be nice too....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

All the best

KeithD
14th February 2008, 22:41
Just make sure you have a nice warm coat for when she comes out... Gloves would be nice too....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

....and a coat and pair of gloves for the lady as well......:Erm:

baboyako
14th February 2008, 22:55
maybe buy her some new toys, eh :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.50plushealth.co.uk/media/images/S748_Anti_allergy_steam_vacuum_cleaner_L.jpg

http://www.aramus.pl/files/objects/1262/4/14377-mop%20vileda.jpg

mhynne
14th February 2008, 23:50
hi nigel.. when i was on my way to the UK about a month ago.. i basically just had my CFO sticker on my passport and Xray ready... i also had marriage cert birth cert etc ready just in case they ask for it.. but they never really did ask for those.. just the CFO sticker that the immigration person will look at in the phils and the xray the health port will look at in the UK..
if vimvie is arriving in heathrow.. upon arrival, just ask her to follow the people walking towards the immigration... they asked me to fall in line to the one towards the furthest right... make sure she has her immigration card filled in.. upon talking to the lady from UK immigration she just looked at my visa asked where my husband is.. and just gave me my immigration card back and asked me to go to health port.. upon talking to the woman in health port, she asked if i had an xray ready and i did.. so she just looked at that and asked for my husband's address and checked that on her computer.. and she gave me the sheet back and was asked to go back in line to the immigration desk... so i did that.. and talked to the immigration lady again and she sent me off to meet my husband... hope to have helped!
and yeah like what everybody already said.. get her a coat, gloves, thick socks and a scarf... =)

nigel
15th February 2008, 01:05
[FONT="System"][SIZE="4"]Thanks everyone! And thankyou very much to mhynne for her uber good post! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks again guys! We couldn't have done this without you, you guys have been cracking!:BouncyHappy:

nigel
15th February 2008, 01:12
maybe buy her some new toys, eh :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:icon_lol:It was Vimvie's birthday not long ago, so I owe her a valentine's plus a birthday present!:xxgrinning--00xx3:I wont be buying her cleaning stuff though..:NoNo:

eula mackay
16th February 2008, 17:03
nigel, you might not want to buy her "TOYS" but she might want you to buy it for her when you reach home. LOL.

andypaul
16th February 2008, 19:15
Like others say shouldn't be to many questions but worth having your details just incase asked i mean your home address and contact number (mobile i guess as your be waiting in arrivals)

Make sure you have your passport and some other proof of id, if possible. Just in case its needed highly unlikely.

but i remeber reading years back one man waiting was asked to speak to immgration on another forum.

I think Nigel your like me when it comes to your mahal its very important to cover every angle just in case.

Don't forget Vimvie needs to bring a pen for both in the airport in phill and for filling in the immgration form for entering the uk. Its very simple but agains its handy to fill it in while on the plane than panicing while in the queue.

If she is coming in to heathrow she may well be asked for a xray check to check she does not have tb nothing to worry about.

Remind her to pick up her luggage once we had got though the medical check up we nearly forgot but was easy to spot our luggage as it was the only one left on the belt