PDA

View Full Version : My Filipino flower is cooking Paksiw and the House Stinks !

ginapeterb
12th February 2008, 18:58
Arrrrghhhhhhh what a smell !

My lovely smelling Filipino bulaklak is cooking paksiw with sprats, and my goodness my house is stinky stinky stinky, I am passing out from the smell of her special meal..

aaaaargghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a SMELL THAT IS !!!

Why oh why oh why does she have to cook such smelly stinky food.

help ??

eljean
12th February 2008, 19:02
open all the windows :D

ginapeterb
12th February 2008, 19:05
I have opened all the windows, and it still smells to high heaven, I am so sick, I am throwing up..at this strange stinky smell, oh I am so sick....

I have closed the lounge door, put lavender spray near the kitchen door, how is it she can cook in there, and not be sick from the smelly food.

Wow...that sure stinks...

You would think after 3 years I would get used to it, I will never get used to the stinky smells of the Filipino food....

KeithD
12th February 2008, 20:06
Do what I did......build a shed outside, and put her cooker in it :D

eljean
12th February 2008, 21:13
breathe through your mouth...:D

baboyako
12th February 2008, 21:37
that'll teach you to fart in bed :omg: :icon_lol:

gracia143
12th February 2008, 21:41
I remember cooking Tuna Paksiw and Trev just didn't eat any of it, I felt so disheartened I decided I won't do it again. Sorry to hear this Pete but I feel for Gina, paksiw is just soooooooo delicious, we can't help craving for it. You should smell the fried dried fish, it's a whole lot better lol.

LadyJ
13th February 2008, 11:42
Isn't Paksiw just made from vinegar, garlic, onion and ginger?

KeithD
13th February 2008, 12:14
The instructions on how to make it are on the ICI Chemicals home page, complete with hazard warnings, and how long to wear the gas mask & NBC suit.

kimmi
13th February 2008, 12:42
Isn't Paksiw just made from vinegar, garlic, onion and ginger?

yes ur higness, it is Paksiw but don't forget the FISH he he he..:xxgrinning--00xx3::omg:

love8888
13th February 2008, 15:08
Hi Pete,

I will suggest to use a limon juice or sampalok instead of vinegar so to avoid of that stink smells..... it really does work honestly.

ervenescence
13th February 2008, 22:04
Paksiw na bangus...mmmmm nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can eat 2 big plates of rice with it, nevermind the smell.

aromulus
13th February 2008, 23:05
I have opened all the windows, and it still smells to high heaven, I am so sick, I am throwing up..at this strange stinky smell, oh I am so sick....

I have closed the lounge door, put lavender spray near the kitchen door, how is it she can cook in there, and not be sick from the smelly food.

Wow...that sure stinks...

Maybe this helps...???:Erm:

KeithD
13th February 2008, 23:34
Probably tastes better than the wine you sell :cwm24:

Mrs.JMajor
14th February 2008, 06:27
hmmm didnt u said to her ,u feel sick of the smell...since you are hubby and wife already... then so just in case she wont cook that again hehehe

kimmi
14th February 2008, 13:59
hmmm didnt u said to her ,u feel sick of the smell...since you are hubby and wife already... then so just in case she wont cook that again hehehe

Ate Juliet, when we love somebody eventhough we feel sick or the food smell stinks we will accept it because we know it makes them happy..

and I am sure Kuya Peter wont tell it to Ate Gina..:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th February 2008, 16:50
....and I am sure Kuya Peter wont tell it to Ate Gina..:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gina will probably get the hint by a trail of vomit on the floor :D

Ann07
14th February 2008, 17:22
I like paksiw always have it twice a month if Rob's working nighshift i can have it all :xxgrinning--00xx3: he hates the smell too hahahahaha he dont like it ... i always open all the windows and spray after wards...that works.

im hungry now....:Cuckoo:

Marwin08
14th February 2008, 20:06
Kuya pete,just be honest to ate Gina.What are u going to do if she invites you to eat it?Will u taste it or reject it? hehehe

ginapeterb
15th February 2008, 08:27
Well the house is getting back to normal nice smelling lavender now, or Sandalwood, thank goodness, however, I still noted that Miss Gina has left the Paksiw as left overs in the kitchen, it does not smell now, but my goodness did it smell, I was wanting to be sick.

We have discussed her cooking many times, she admits, it stinks, but tells me its the vinegar, Datu Puti, she said, it was a special meal and that I should not upset her when eating it.

I commented on whether the fish were actually dead but she just replied

GAGU !

We are ok now, take care kapitid na Babae Kimmi, we are just setting off for the airport, and hopefully by 12.30pm, we are winging our way to Nice in the South of France, so take care everyone over this weekend,

Monte Carlo here we come !

KeithD
15th February 2008, 09:55
Buy her that new type pf non-smelling vinegar.....known in the UK as water!!

KeithD
15th February 2008, 09:57
Scenes outside Pete's house after he'd opened the windows.....

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/june2006/050606tokyo.jpg

kimmi
15th February 2008, 13:17
:omg::omg::Help1::Help1:oh no Kuya Peter, Boss became a paparazzi in ur house..he he he:icon_lol:

MadWelsh
19th February 2008, 21:52
Don't filipinos use the adage that 'the smellier it is, the tastier it is'? My lady swears that the stinkier the patis is, the better it tastes.. :NoNo:

The worst has to be squid and danggit (dried anchovies) fried together with a helping of fish sauce.. still I don't complain, such a great excuse to go out and player snooker down my club :D

Mrs.JMajor
20th February 2008, 12:15
oh my gosh !!:Brick:

either im gonna die on my post 305 and only 2 rep. points

arrrggghhh ! boss help me :Cuckoo:

kimmi
20th February 2008, 14:07

whats wrong Ate??:Erm::Erm::Rasp::icon_lol:

aromulus
20th February 2008, 15:59

Never mind, don't worry too much about it....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

MadWelsh
22nd February 2008, 12:11
youtube does some great Balut vids !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yq-hpOvN_Y&feature=related

happyman
12th April 2008, 10:41
When i was in davoa my fiancee was adament that she get some durian as it was the season and on my first trip i hadnt tried it so she bought one from a roadside vendor and took it back to our apartment
Safely stored in the cupbord that was ok but when she brough ti out and decided to start cutting it up ahhhhhhhhhhh i had ot go outside it was so strong that i couldnt even try to sleep the smell kept annoying me so much .
I watched the u tube balot vids and i can relate to them really well on my first trip i was befriended by an american and his lovely wife and she said that i must try balut being nieve i said okay no wories , greg said many times you dont want to do this but i pressed ahead
Well i was gaging on it lorna thought i was choking and grg couldnt stop laughing anyway after a while i finished it my fiancee just swallowed hers whole no worries , that is the last bulot i ever have forever i mean it never again , my fiancee cooked dry fish one night but it didint bother me and we ate bangus quite a lot didnt have nay problems , ok well each to there own what is this stuff that stinks so much what is in it anyway ?:D

scott&ligaya
12th April 2008, 10:54
When we come back form Palawan to Pangasinan Ligaya brings about 20 kilos of "deelies" small stinky dried fish which she can sell at a big enough profit to offset the excess baggage charge and also give out as pasalobong. Most of the Purok come by and purchase these, they love them but boy do they stink!!!:yikes::yikes:

kimmi
12th April 2008, 10:56
oh i miss the dilis..specialy if its sweet and spicy..oh no scott u make me feel hungry now..lol

scott&ligaya
12th April 2008, 10:59
Sorry Kimmi, I have told her that she must not under any circumstancs try to hide stinky dried fish in her luggage when she finally arrives next Saturday, my brother is senior customs officer and he warned her she could be locked up for bringing such food stuffs into the UK(hehehe) she believed him I think so I am safe for a bit!!!

kimmi
12th April 2008, 11:00
Sorry Kimmi, I have told her that she must not under any circumstancs try to hide stinky dried fish in her luggage when she finally arrives next Saturday, my brother is senior customs officer and he warned her she could be locked up for bringing such food stuffs into the UK(hehehe) she believed him I think so I am safe for a bit!!!

:omg::bigcry::bigcry::icon_lol::icon_lol::doh

andypaul
12th April 2008, 13:34

plenty of stinking fish to be bought in this country i can tell you from personal experience:NoNo::NoNo:

scott&ligaya
12th April 2008, 14:15
Yep, she has already asked me if the fish counter in Waitrose will let her have the thrown away salmon heads!!!:yikes::yikes::doh

kimmi
13th April 2008, 11:15
plenty of stinking fish to be bought in this country i can tell you from personal experience:NoNo::NoNo:

where is it Andy..please please..my hubby tired already in looking for the nearest shop here, maybe when we moved back to england there will be plenty of shops..what do u think??:Erm:

andypaul
13th April 2008, 11:32
where is it Andy..please please..my hubby tired already in looking for the nearest shop here, maybe when we moved back to england there will be plenty of shops..what do u think??:Erm:

Well Chinese shops tend to stock lots of dried fish mostly vaccum sealed and im sure the Wifes bought some from Phill shops in london.

In scotland with a big population of chinese in glasgow im sure the bigger groceries stock it.

alicat
13th April 2008, 13:24

you can get some dilis in chinese store,they have some
shrimp paste(bagoong)as well..but i dont cooked much
coz my hubby dont like the smell..:NoNo::NoNo:

kimmi
13th April 2008, 19:13
Well Chinese shops tend to stock lots of dried fish mostly vaccum sealed and im sure the Wifes bought some from Phill shops in london.

In scotland with a big population of chinese in glasgow im sure the bigger groceries stock it.

thanks Andy, we will go to Glasgow tommorow..he just read ur post..yehey!!!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Rasp::Rasp:

you can get some dilis in chinese store,they have some
shrimp paste(bagoong)as well..but i dont cooked much
coz my hubby dont like the smell..:NoNo::NoNo:

thanks sis..my hubby didnt like the smell also like when I use the PATIS and ate PAKSIW but he told me that as long as it makes me happy it will be ok with him..:cwm38::cwm38::Rasp: