PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

Eljohno
14th March 2006, 11:20
I know all us guys are really big kids at heart & we like our boys toys, so i have just bought a xbox 360 on ebay and was wondering if anyone else had one and could suggest what games are good.. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

walesrob
14th March 2006, 11:29
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 14 2006, 10&#58;20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know all us guys are really big kids at heart & we like our boys toys, so i have just bought a xbox 360 on ebay and was wondering if anyone else had one and could suggest what games are good.. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif
[/b][/quote]

Hmm how about Zap the Immigration Officer style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Admin
14th March 2006, 11:31
&#39;Poke the Filipino Virgin&#39; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Pauldo
14th March 2006, 20:29
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 14 2006, 10&#58;20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Funnily enough I bought an X Box for my birthday on Sunday. (Notice the &#39;I bought&#39;, seeing as I had to buy myself a pressy as nobody else did style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif )

I find it a handful to use compared to the mouse and PC I&#39;ve used so much over the years. I bought the game Doom 3, as I like the classic shoot &#39;em up games, but it just seems to be a guy going from room to room killing baddies. Now that is not such a bad thing, but it gets a bit tedious after the first 1000 kills....

My wife bought Predator, but she can&#39;t get past the initial training exercise style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Eljohno
14th March 2006, 20:41
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Mar 14 2006, 07&#58;29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Funnily enough I bought an X Box for my birthday on Sunday. (Notice the &#39;I bought&#39;, seeing as I had to buy myself a pressy as nobody else did style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif )

I find it a handful to use compared to the mouse and PC I&#39;ve used so much over the years. I bought the game Doom 3, as I like the classic shoot &#39;em up games, but it just seems to be a guy going from room to room killing baddies. Now that is not such a bad thing, but it gets a bit tedious after the first 1000 kills....

My wife bought Predator, but she can&#39;t get past the initial training exercise style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
[/b][/quote]

I think there are better games than Doom out there, games like Half Life & Halo are very popular.

I can see by Rob & Keith&#39;s posts that they are designing their own games style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Admin
14th March 2006, 22:31
I always have to buy my own presents as well style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

Doom 3 is great graphics wise, but as you say, it is all indoors, and gets boring.

Best game around is F.E.A.R. play it in the dark, and you&#39;ll poop style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Get it on Ebay

Eljohno
14th March 2006, 23:28
I am looking forward for Pro Ev 6 which i am sure will look great on the xbox 360&#33;&#33;

Pauldo
15th March 2006, 10:58
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 14 2006, 09&#58;31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I always have to buy my own presents as well style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

Doom 3 is great graphics wise, but as you say, it is all indoors, and gets boring.

Best game around is F.E.A.R. play it in the dark, and you&#39;ll poop style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Get it on Ebay
[/b][/quote]

F.E.A.R.? Is that shoot &#39;em up then? I might check it out.

I must admit, I don&#39;t have much interest in &#39;strategy&#39; games, organising armies and building empires.

Unreal was the first decent game I bought , though my &#39;puter was just not fast enough to get the graphics smoking. Unreal 2 was the same, despite me having a faster computer when I bought it several years later: too massive a game for a basic two year PC.

The original Doom is still one of my favourite all timegames.

Admin
15th March 2006, 14:04
Plenty of reviews here (http://xbox360.ign.com/) One game you must get is FAR CRY