PDA

View Full Version : Help, I want to get finacee visa to bring her to UK

towsarboy
13th March 2006, 14:06
Hello, Feb 2005 I had a holiday in Philippines. During my time I met Lorly, a nice simple girl from Roxas (capital of Capiz). I went to her province and met her family and we had a fantastic time together, and also in Boracay.

I flew home to London and kept in touch. At first I was keen to get into something serious but then realised it was probably because I had such a good time. We kept in touch, aminly by text, as time went by I started to feel stronger feelings towards Lorly.

She is always in a light happy jovial mood, even when I know things are't good at home. To cut a long story short I've been to Philippines several times and met quite a few nice ladies, they're all nice, they're all special but I realise that Lorly would be very suitable for me, and I want to marry her, and bring her back to London.

We have some photos, some emails, some reciepts from western union, but that's about it, to be honest I wasn't expecting this relationship to come this far but that's life.

Now I need some serious help to get me started on what will probably be a long painful process. Any tips? I.e. Is it better that I go there and marry her or is it easier that she gets a finacee visa from there to come to UK?

Also anyone know of a good visa attorney? Regards - Tony

deepete
13th March 2006, 14:22
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(towsarboy &#064; Mar 13 2006, 02&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Hi Tony

I never had to go through the process that many fellow members have who post on this site have, but there is a wealth of information available here on the subject with an excellent success rate.

What does seem clear though is as long as you comply with all the information required you wont need the services of an attorney , which is just as well for the sake of your wallet.

Have a look through the posts and ask questions, should be fine.

Peter style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Eljohno
13th March 2006, 14:48
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(towsarboy &#064; Mar 13 2006, 01&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello, Feb 2005 I had a holiday in Philippines. During my time I met Lorly, a nice simple girl from Roxas (capital of Capiz). I went to her province and met her family and we had a fantastic time together, and also in Boracay.

I flew home to London and kept in touch. At first I was keen to get into something serious but then realised it was probably because I had such a good time. We kept in touch, aminly by text, as time went by I started to feel stronger feelings towards Lorly.

She is always in a light happy jovial mood, even when I know things are&#39;t good at home. To cut a long story short I&#39;ve been to Philippines several times and met quite a few nice ladies, they&#39;re all nice, they&#39;re all special but I realise that Lorly would be very suitable for me, and I want to marry her, and bring her back to London.

We have some photos, some emails, some reciepts from western union, but that&#39;s about it, to be honest I wasn&#39;t expecting this relationship to come this far but that&#39;s life.

Now I need some serious help to get me started on what will probably be a long painful process. Any tips? I.e. Is it better that I go there and marry her or is it easier that she gets a finacee visa from there to come to UK?

[/b][/quote]

I agree with Deepete and say that there is no need to go through an attorney&#33;

Spend some time looking through the forum and you will find many if not all of the answers you need.

Continue to write letters, emails & buy phone cards or proof that you are ringing her.

As long as you have a job and a place to stay and some money in the bank thats very important.

Its up to you really were you want to get married as the time difference between the spouse visa & fiancee is the same now with the new ukvacs in place which you should check out at www.ukvacs.net

It is much cheaper to get married in the Philippines but take your time making up your mind and if your sure she is the one for you then i hope all works out well...

John

mupsuit
13th March 2006, 18:59
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(towsarboy &#064; Mar 13 2006, 02&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Regards - Tony
[/b][/quote]

Tony

IMO you should marry in PI - it will be SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive than in the UK

My reasons are that you will give great joy to your fiance and family by getting married there - she is going to leave family and friends to come to the UK - so you should marry there and give her something to remember when she begins to experience the delights of being in the UK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

See Pete&#39;s recent post in this forum about the challenges that our Filipino bride&#39;s face in the UK - I think this will convince you to marry in her home town -

It should also make you understand what she will go through once she gets here and hopefully in recognising her situation - you will treat her as your Princess every day of her life

Go for it - we have, and our "Princesses" make our lives a "royal occasion" EVERY DAY

Admin
13th March 2006, 21:14
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Mar 13 2006, 05&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Go for it - we have, and our "Princesses" make our lives a "royal occasion" EVERY DAY
[/b][/quote]
You haven&#39;t been married long have you? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Eljohno
13th March 2006, 21:42
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 13 2006, 08&#58;14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You haven&#39;t been married long have you? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif
[/b][/quote]

Whats wrong Keith have you lost " that loving feeling style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm38.gif " as the song says.. lol

Admin
14th March 2006, 10:30
No, but after 8 years of being together, it is not the same as the first year. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Eljohno
14th March 2006, 11:15
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 14 2006, 09&#58;30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No, but after 8 years of being together, it is not the same as the first year. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif
[/b][/quote]

I have loved & supported Liverpool Fc for nearly 30 years so i am hoping it will be the same with the wife style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Admin
14th March 2006, 11:32
Now you know football is more important style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

walesrob
14th March 2006, 11:44
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(towsarboy &#064; Mar 13 2006, 01&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Elsa and I married in the Philippines, and as other members of this forum will testify, it is a lot cheaper, and it helps when it comes to applying for the settlement visa. Also of course, all her family will be there - something that you can&#39;t do if you marry in UK as Visas are unlikely to be issued for all her family to come to a UK wedding.

I wouldn&#39;t say its a painful process, just hard work and very frustrating at times, but believe me its worth it in the end when you have your beautiful wife with you here in the UK.

Admin
14th March 2006, 12:03
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Mar 14 2006, 10&#58;44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
........but believe me its worth it in the end when you have your beautiful wife with you here in the UK.
[/b][/quote]
You&#39;re only saying that because Elsa is standing behind you style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_lol.gif

walesrob
14th March 2006, 12:14
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 14 2006, 11&#58;03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You&#39;re only saying that because Elsa is standing behind you style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_lol.gif
[/b][/quote]

Sssshhh&#33;&#33; Don&#39;t give the game away Keith&#33; They&#39;ll want the secret combination next style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

equaliser
16th March 2006, 13:32
Yes it is cheaper to marry in the Phils but you also have to spend a certain amount of time there to get correct paperwork in order to marry. Isn&#39;t it 3 weeks?

I am unable to spend that much time off so I am marrying my fiancee Ashley here in the U.K.

Just thought I would give a different point of view. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Brian

Eljohno
16th March 2006, 14:14
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Mar 16 2006, 12&#58;32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes it is cheaper to marry in the Phils but you also have to spend a certain amount of time there to get correct paperwork in order to marry. Isn&#39;t it 3 weeks?

I am unable to spend that much time off so I am marrying my fiancee Ashley here in the U.K.

Just thought I would give a different point of view. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Brian
[/b][/quote]

Brian its not 3 weeks as long as you have your C.N.I sorted out before you leave the UK, then you need to
get that translated which i did in cebu (British Consulate) which will be sorted out in
about 7-10 days.

Seems like a long time ago since i went through it but i am pretty sure it is still the same..