PDA

View Full Version : Misinformation?

bobfe
13th March 2006, 09:52
I often read here, and elsewhere, with regard to Fiance visa applications, the following:

1. You must have a decree absolute if getting divorced.

2. You must have a wedding booked in the UK.

I have looked at the British Consul Manilla web site and the UK governement website for officers and they say the following:

A decree absolute is not a necessary rquirement only evidence that the divorce is taking place.

and

The law prohibits booking a wdding for a person not already in the in the in UK etc.

So who is correct here then? The people on this and other web sites or the UK government?

Both these matters affect my application for a fiance visa for my girlfriend.

On further question please. Exactly how long should I have known the girl. I have liven with my gf here in cebu since 2 December 2005 and we met a month before that. Have I known her long enough?

Here again I have met people who have got visas having only know the girl for 4 months or so but often on web sites one reads that this is not long enough.

Bob Draper

Admin
13th March 2006, 09:59
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>A decree absolute is not a necessary rquirement only evidence that the divorce is taking place.[/b][/quote]
A decree absoulte is a must if you want a smooth visa process, otherwise you have to prove the process will be completed before your marriage, and this is a difficult thing to do, as you need legal proof from yourself, and your ex, that it will be completed in a certain date, and the legal system in this country can&#39;t do that&#33;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>You must have a wedding booked in the UK.
[/b][/quote]
Rules have recently changed, you just book it the first week she arrives, she has 6 months to do it in though, and does not need further authorisation when here, as that is granted in the visa.

Some people get away with knowing their women for 3 months, and the fact you have been living with her helps a great deal. You will need plenty of evidence that you have been living together, letters, bills, etc.

jim2376
13th March 2006, 23:13
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 13 2006, 09&#58;59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
A decree absoulte is a must if you want a smooth visa process, otherwise you have to prove the process will be completed before your marriage, and this is a difficult thing to do, as you need legal proof from yourself, and your ex, that it will be completed in a certain date, and the legal system in this country can&#39;t do that&#33;
Rules have recently changed, you just book it the first week she arrives, she has 6 months to do it in though, and does not need further authorisation when here, as that is granted in the visa.

Some people get away with knowing their women for 3 months, and the fact you have been living with her helps a great deal. You will need plenty of evidence that you have been living together, letters, bills, etc.
[/b][/quote]

ginapeterb
14th March 2006, 08:55
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 13 2006, 08&#58;52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I often read here, and elsewhere, with regard to Fiance visa applications, the following:

1. You must have a decree absolute if getting divorced.

2. You must have a wedding booked in the UK.

I have looked at the British Consul Manilla web site and the UK governement website for officers and they say the following:

A decree absolute is not a necessary rquirement only evidence that the divorce is taking place.

and

The law prohibits booking a wdding for a person not already in the in the in UK etc.
So who is correct here then? The people on this and other web sites or the UK government?

Both these matters affect my application for a fiance visa for my girlfriend.

On further question please. Exactly how long should I have known the girl. I have liven with my gf here in cebu since 2 December 2005 and we met a month before that. Have I known her long enough?

Here again I have met people who have got visas having only know the girl for 4 months or so but often on web sites one reads that this is not long enough.
Bob Draper
[/b][/quote]

Hello Bob,

Welcome to the Forum, the informatiion you are referring to, I know has been written by msyelf, its a dilemma for you I accept that, the fact of the matter is..you are quite correct in what you have said, a divorce decree absolute is not required to make a Fiancee Visa application, as the UK Visa website does say this, however I was in the same position some 12 months ago, that you are alluding to.

As Keith has already said, if you wish to run the risk of a visa refusal, then go with the information that is posted at the Embassy website, or the ukvisa website, but whilst the advice they give may seem to contradict the advice I give at my website, my advice and that of others who advise on this, is based on studies done into this matter, and by monitoring recent visa applicants.

When I called at the British Embassy in Manila some 18 months ago, I could have applied, but I was told not to apply until my Divorce Decree Absolute was final, however having said that I got married in the Philippines.

In your own case, if you want your fiancee to be refused a visa because you do not have a divorce decree absolute, go right ahead, thats a good reason for them to decline her visa, and then you can re apply again costing you another £260.00 plus flights, and other things, if she is in the provinces.

The 2nd issue is more pressing, since I know of several visa refusals in the last 6 months, that were refused on the following:

"The applicant has not satisfied the entry clearance officer that a marriage will take place within 6 months"

If you were to go to your district registry office and ask for a wedding to be booked, they will tell you that it is not required"

Sadly, they are not the ones who process your fiancee&#39;s visa applicatiion, it is the Entry Clearance officers who do this in Manila, my advice is as always stated at the website, you can always ask for a provisional date subject to application on your fiancee&#39;s arrival, then you can always book a provisional reception, the point of this here, is that your fiancee should be conversant with all the details at her interview.

Whether you get married on those dates is irrelevant, the fact is, its only a matter of burden of proof that a marriage will take place.

We always say at this forum, the information is for guideline purposes only, if you dont do we have advised, it MAY lead to a visa refusal.

Of course, its up to you whether you take the advice given, or follow the advice of the British Embassy Manila, and the UKVisa website, remember of course, they couldnt give a toss whether you get a visa for your fiancee or not, the difference is, at this forum

WE DO CARE &#33;&#33;

The choice naturally is and always will be, yours...It may be that you don&#39;t need to do any of that, are you willing to take that chance with your fiancee&#39;s visa ? and if it is refused, do you want to go through the whole process again at some later date, and costing you another £260.00, plus waiting all over again, and if its refused again, do you want to wait another year, for the Asylum and Immigration Appeals Tribunal to get their hands on it, remembering that there is a backlog of over 100,000 applications at present.

Best wishes

Pete

bobfe
14th March 2006, 09:40
Thanks for the above info.
Is there a problem on this site? This my third attempt to post a reply on the two previous internet explorer hung.
I dont use it myself I prefer firefox but cause Im in a net cafe here in Cebu I have no choice.

I myself tried to book a wedding in a registry office in Hertforshire and was refused pointblank because my "fiance is not in the UK yet and so it is illegal to make a booking"
So what can I do? This sounds like a classic "catch 22". I cant get her to the UK without booking and I cant book until she is there&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Heres a quote from the UK site:

"Evidence of marriage arrangements
Of itself, a booking at a Registry Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.

The law relating to marriage in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK."

And here is the URL:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pa...d=1035796295766 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1035796295766)

I want to get my fiance to the UK ASAP and the situation regarding decree absolute seems to be a bummer. I have decree nisa now and decree absolute will be on the 5th April. So we will have it by the time she is interviewed. Surely this cant be a problem?

Something else that worries me is that we met on filipinahearts. The rules dont seem to prohibit this but the interview transcript here tells a different story. Can eanyone help about this?
Is it a problem if the girl is actually looking for a foregin husband?

This is driving me nuts.

ginapeterb
14th March 2006, 10:46
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 14 2006, 08&#58;40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the above info.
Is there a problem on this site? This my third attempt to post a reply on the two previous internet explorer hung.
I dont use it myself I prefer firefox but cause Im in a net cafe here in Cebu I have no choice.

I myself tried to book a wedding in a registry office in Hertforshire and was refused pointblank because my "fiance is not in the UK yet and so it is illegal to make a booking"
So what can I do? This sounds like a classic "catch 22". I cant get her to the UK without booking and I cant book until she is there&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Heres a quote from the UK site:

"Evidence of marriage arrangements
Of itself, a booking at a Registry Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.

The law relating to marriage in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK."

And here is the URL:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pa...d=1035796295766 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1035796295766)

I want to get my fiance to the UK ASAP and the situation regarding decree absolute seems to be a bummer. I have decree nisa now and decree absolute will be on the 5th April. So we will have it by the time she is interviewed. Surely this cant be a problem?

Something else that worries me is that we met on filipinahearts. The rules dont seem to prohibit this but the interview transcript here tells a different story. Can eanyone help about this?
Is it a problem if the girl is actually looking for a foregin husband?

This is driving me nuts.
[/b][/quote]

What interview transcript are you talking about ? if its mine and Gina&#39;s dont worry about it, we also met at FH....so what ???

Just make sure your fiancee is well briefed and get her to read the site a bit more, if you are reading all this on my site, I suspect you are &#33;, go for it, and if your decree Absolute is coming on 5th April, then fine, get the application in, I suspect your fiancee will be called forward for an interview, then she would take your decree ab, with her, so dont let that stop you, as for booking the wedding, its a dilemma I know, just make up a date then, and tell your fiancee the date, including where the reception would be, and so and so, Ivor and Mel, recently got their visa approval on this basis, why not pm him and ask him, how it went for his fiancee, I think he is Ivor&mel on the forum, I also advised Ivor to do this, and he got his approval quite well, have a chat with him about it.

Best of Luck

Pete

bobfe
14th March 2006, 11:11
You guys rock.

Bob

ginapeterb
14th March 2006, 20:31
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 14 2006, 10&#58;11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You guys rock.

Bob
[/b][/quote]

????

Admin
14th March 2006, 22:33
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Mar 14 2006, 07&#58;31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
????
[/b][/quote]

Are we playing Hangman? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif I&#39;ll have a &#39;P&#39; please Bob..... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif

Eljohno
14th March 2006, 23:33
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 14 2006, 09&#58;33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Are we playing Hangman? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif I&#39;ll have a &#39;P&#39; please Bob..... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif
[/b][/quote]

My guess for hangman is LOST?

Pete needs to make it harder&#33;&#33;

Admin
15th March 2006, 09:53
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 14 2006, 10&#58;33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
.....Pete needs to make it harder&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]
You&#39;ll never here Gina say that style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif

bobfe
15th March 2006, 09:55
OK Im not playing hangman, now. Im seeing if when I post this you will see a picture of Fe and me in Bohol.
Thats is the add attachment thing shows the pic. If not I have to start again. But, in preview mode I see no pics so i guess i just have to post to find out.

[attachmentid=35]

Bob

Joey
2nd April 2006, 19:50
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; Mar 13 2006, 04&#58;52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>On further question please. Exactly how long should I have known the girl. I have liven with my gf here in cebu since 2 December 2005 and we met a month before that. Have I known her long enough?[/b][/quote]

Doctor Laura says 3 years. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugher.gif

Hey, Bob&#33; She&#39;s lovely&#33;

scotsfiancee
1st July 2006, 08:02
Hi

We are just currently working now our papers with the help of immigration lawyer in london you can find them (www.rlegal.com) i still dont know yet when would i get my interview my fiance lives in scotland and i am from philippines.We are already enegaged the last time he went here last April 2006. So right now just waiting for the next procedure..

ivor&mel
1st July 2006, 08:38
Janice... I hope you're not spamming on behalf of that website :rolleyes:

KeithD
1st July 2006, 09:45
I bet they don't even know where Manilla is :)

ginapeterb
2nd July 2006, 07:52
Hi

We are just currently working now our papers with the help of immigration lawyer in london you can find them (www.rlegal.com) i still dont know yet when would i get my interview my fiance lives in scotland and i am from philippines.We are already enegaged the last time he went here last April 2006. So right now just waiting for the next procedure..

This is the 10th time you have made posts on different parts of the Forum, using this url, as Ivor says, if you are advertising these Immigration Solicitors, please stop doing it, we do our own visa work here at this forum, please refrain from doing it. thank you

scotsfiancee
2nd July 2006, 13:07
Im sorry i wasnt check the stuff here, i have a nice intention why im joining this forum, is to learn alot of things all bout our application..