jimcarie
9th February 2008, 23:13
apart from this forum, has anybody got any intresting hobbies, or intrests

KeithD
9th February 2008, 23:21
Horse racing :Erm:

Gavanddal
10th February 2008, 09:18
I spent 28 years racing and cruising hovercraft. I gave it up in 2006 because I was getting overwhelmed with club responsibilities but I still own a craft.
Then I took up scuba diving so I could enjoy the fabulous diving in the Phillipines. I learnt to dive in Malapascua and have so far dived in Sogod Bay and off Aped Island near Inopacan on Leyte. I'm going back to Malapascua in November with a group of friends from my UK dive club.
I'm currently helping a medical mission based near Mount Pinatubo with advice on building a hovercraft so they can reach people in inacessible areas near a river where the roads have been swept away by mudslides. If I could spare the time and had the money I'd go over there and help them build a hovercraft. If anyone knows of a sponsor for this project then please let me know.
Another hovercraft/ Philippines connection is that my good friend Kip McCollum set up a Philippine division of his hovercraft manufacturing company in Iloilo many years ago. For whatever reason the business relationship failed and the company no longer produce hovercraft.
I have been in contact with them in the last few days and they tell me that there are craft based in Cagayan D'Oro, Palawan and on Lakawon Island.
When our house in Leyte is ready I hope to have a hovercraft there one day to explore the interesting shallow rivers and coastline of the area.
At the moment I'm rebuilding my craft and fitting a new engine so I can cruise my local river this summer and perhaps go to a few organised events this year.

chino
17th February 2008, 20:26
travelling, computers and Korean movies if these can be classed as hobbies plus i love classic cars and bikes too :p