PDA

View Full Version : Our turn

equaliser
13th March 2006, 00:29
Hi guys

I sent my documents over to Ashley last week using DHL. I was able to track them for 36 hours on the DHL website going via Belfast , East Midlands , Cologne and Hong Kong to Manila, whereupon they said "delivery arranged - no more details". A nervous day later saw them arrive at Ashley's house in Davao.

She called the courier Aboitiz on Friday for the collection of the documents and they told her that they would send someone to lift them on Monday between 8am and 5pm. For this they are charging 225 pesos in cash. I don't know if this amount varies depending on where in the Philippines they have to collect to take them to UKVACS.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well. I will keep everyone informed.

Brian

Eljohno
13th March 2006, 00:49
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Mar 12 2006, 11&#58;29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi guys

I sent my documents over to Ashley last week using DHL. I was able to track them for 36 hours on the DHL website going via Belfast , East Midlands , Cologne and Hong Kong to Manila, whereupon they said "delivery arranged - no more details". A nervous day later saw them arrive at Ashley&#39;s house in Davao.

She called the courier Aboitiz on Friday for the collection of the documents and they told her that they would send someone to lift them on Monday between 8am and 5pm. For this they are charging 225 pesos in cash. I don&#39;t know if this amount varies depending on where in the Philippines they have to collect to take them to UKVACS.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well. I will keep everyone informed.

Brian
[/b][/quote]

Hi Brian,

all the best with your application and i hope it is as successful as Rhea & mine has been.

Keep us informed and keep an eye on the ukvac tracker...

john

Admin
13th March 2006, 09:52
Hopefully they&#39;ll keep up the present momentum, and have you sorted in two weeks. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

andypaul
14th March 2006, 00:15
Good Luck to the both of you style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

equaliser
14th March 2006, 00:49
Thanks for your support , guys.

Ashley tells me that the courier arrived at 2 pm today and took the documents. She got 2 receipts , one for the courier fee and one for the ukvacs fee by which we can track the application. They told her it would take a day to get to Manila from Davao.

I will keep you all up to date.

Brian

Eljohno
14th March 2006, 10:25
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Mar 13 2006, 11&#58;49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for your support , guys.

Ashley tells me that the courier arrived at 2 pm today and took the documents. She got 2 receipts , one for the courier fee and one for the ukvacs fee by which we can track the application. They told her it would take a day to get to Manila from Davao.

I will keep you all up to date.

Brian
[/b][/quote]

Brian when the tracker shows at the embassy on the ukvacs website at least you will know they got if ok. Then the next thing it will say is despatched which will still mean either the visa has been granted and it is on the way back or that your date for an interview is in it but of course lets hope its the first one. I know how your feeling right now so just hang on in there mate.

John

equaliser
16th March 2006, 13:37
Hi guys

The courier collected our documents on Monday and told Ashley that they would be at UKVACS within 1 day. We tried the tracker on the UKVACS website but just kept getting "no records found" , which made us a little nervous. Ashley phoned UKVACS today , (thursday) , and they told her that the documents had been passed on to the embassy yesterday and that if we heard nothing , then phone the embassy in 2 weeks time.

Bit nerve-wracking this waiting. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Brian

Eljohno
16th March 2006, 14:25
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Mar 16 2006, 12&#58;37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi guys

The courier collected our documents on Monday and told Ashley that they would be at UKVACS within 1 day. We tried the tracker on the UKVACS website but just kept getting "no records found" , which made us a little nervous. Ashley phoned UKVACS today , (thursday) , and they told her that the documents had been passed on to the embassy yesterday and that if we heard nothing , then phone the embassy in 2 weeks time.
Bit nerve-wracking this waiting. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Brian
[/b][/quote]

The tracker should say "at the British Embassy" now Brian then it is when it says "despatched" you will have a nervous wait to see what exactly is returned to you and of course everyone on the forum hopes its the visa stamped on the passport that you receive.

mupsuit
16th March 2006, 16:31
Have you told your girl about Soda Bread and having to eat Ulster Fry?

Eljohno
16th March 2006, 16:40
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Mar 16 2006, 03&#58;31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Have you told your girl about Soda Bread and having to eat Ulster Fry?
[/b][/quote]

You know one problem that might happen here is that many jokes are made about the Irish and we are good at laughing at ourselves which includes our sarcism but filipinos can be very sensitive so i need to have more wisdom. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

If i offend then i will buy the soda bread & Ulster fry style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Admin
16th March 2006, 19:18
Two things;

Take her family lots of black pudding style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

....and watch they don&#39;t try and plant you in the &#39;paddy field&#39; ......I&#39;ll get me coat style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Shamrockdave2003
17th March 2006, 14:24
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 16 2006, 06&#58;18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Two things;

Take her family lots of black pudding style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

....and watch they don&#39;t try and plant you in the &#39;paddy field&#39; ......I&#39;ll get me coat style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
[/b][/quote]

Equalizer why would u need to send documents from Belfast for her visa ?

Regards

Admin
17th March 2006, 14:50
Get a letter off Ian Paisley.......................oh hang on.........you want her to get in style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

equaliser
17th March 2006, 20:07
Hi Shamrock dave

Well I had to send all the evidenc of our relationship as well as my birth certificate and certified copy of my passport, proof of income and accommodation, evidence that we will get married, etc. Plus copies of everything

There was plenty of stuff to go

Brian

equaliser
21st March 2006, 20:22
Hi guys

Just want to let you know that the "track your document" option on the ukvacs website is only really of use if someone at ukvacs updates it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

Despite Ashley&#39;s application arriving at the British Embassy after 1 day at UKVACS, the tracker still says "no records found" when we input our details. We actually got nervous that perhaps the documents had been mislaid , but Ashley phoned UKVACS and I e-mailed the British Embassy and we both got the reply that the documents had arrived at the embassy on March 16th.

So the nervous wait goes on for now style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

Brian

Eljohno
21st March 2006, 20:33
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Mar 21 2006, 07&#58;22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi guys

Just want to let you know that the "track your document" option on the ukvacs website is only really of use if someone at ukvacs updates it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

Despite Ashley&#39;s application arriving at the British Embassy after 1 day at UKVACS, the tracker still says "no records found" when we input our details. We actually got nervous that perhaps the documents had been mislaid , but Ashley phoned UKVACS and I e-mailed the British Embassy and we both got the reply that the documents had arrived at the embassy on March 16th.

So the nervous wait goes on for now style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

Brian
[/b][/quote]

Hi Brian,

are you 100% sure you are putting in the right details because thats still the impression i am getting because i tried the numbers you gave me and i still think the first number did not seem to be correct?

equaliser
22nd March 2006, 13:39
Hi John

Ashley and I have tried every number we could find. Still no success

Also Ashley asked the guy on the phone at UKVACS about it and was told that it might take a while to appear because we were after a settlement visa , which is complete rubbish.

I don&#39;t think we would be better off anyway. We know the documents are at the Embassy , and we will phone next week to see how things are going , that&#39;s if we don&#39;t hear anything before that

equaliser
25th March 2006, 13:48
Latest news with our application.

The courier returned all our documents to Ashley today (25th March) along with a letter to say that she is required for interview on April 12th .

So hopefully everything will be sorted on the day , and Ashley can also attend the CFO seminar and get the stamp on her passport while she is in Manila.

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

ervenescence
25th March 2006, 14:14
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Mar 25 2006, 12&#58;48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

The courier returned all our documents to Ashley today (25th March) along with a letter to say that she is required for interview on April 12th .

So hopefully everything will be sorted on the day , and Ashley can also attend the CFO seminar and get the stamp on her passport while she is in Manila.

[/b][/quote]

Goodluck for the interview, hope everything will be fine. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Eljohno
25th March 2006, 14:41
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Mar 25 2006, 12&#58;48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Well at least you know were you stand, make sure you help with the interview questions and some role play might be a good help.

Pete has a list of questions on his website that might be asked so have a look also.

I will be over in the Philippines at that time but will check the forum so let us know how it all goes..

John

andypaul
25th March 2006, 22:22

[/b][/quote]

Everything should be fine like Eljhono says work on the Interview, as well as practise questions and answers. Make sure you talk about your self, family, your work, where you live so your girlfriend can answer the questions the ceo might ask.

Should be fine im sure like you say style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

equaliser
26th March 2006, 14:10
Thanks for your support Eljohno , Erve and Andypaul. Much appreciated

Unfortunately it will be Easter week so Ashley will have to wait until the following week to go to the CFO.

We are already practising some of the questions.

fingers crossed for the result style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

equaliser
11th April 2006, 12:56
Ashley and her mom flew to Manila this morning. She has her interview tomorrow at 1.30 p.m. We are both a little nervous but hopefully everything will go well.

I will keep you all informed

Brian

walesrob
11th April 2006, 13:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Apr 11 2006, 12&#58;56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ashley and her mom flew to Manila this morning. She has her interview tomorrow at 1.30 p.m. We are both a little nervous but hopefully everything will go well.

I will keep you all informed

Brian
[/b][/quote]

Good luck to Ashley with the interview.

ginapeterb
11th April 2006, 19:16
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Apr 11 2006, 01&#58;08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good luck to Ashley with the interview.
[/b][/quote]

Brian,

Gina and I send you are regards, and wish Ashley well with her interview tomorrow at the Embassy, we are with you all the way, I doubt she will have any problems, and no doubt you will be telling us tomorrow some time, that the news is good, we look forward to welcoming Ashley to UK, take care, and best wishes.

Gina and Pete

equaliser
12th April 2006, 13:04
Hi guys

Great news for me is that Ashley got her fiancee visa today. I am very happy and I just want to thank you all for your help and support especially Pete , Rob , Keith , John and Ivor. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Ashley&#39;s interview was supposed to be at 1.30pm . She arrived at the embassy at 12.30 but didn&#39;t get her interview until 3 p.m. She said that she was interviewed by an English guy who was both courteous to her and friendly. Some of the questions she was asked about was the age difference ( I am 39 , she is 26) , the accomodation when she gets here , my work, and also who my favourite actor was&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif Didn&#39;t see that one coming. She gave the answer I would have given ... "I don&#39;t know"

At the end of the interview , the guy said "Congratulations and welcome to the U.K" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif She then waited until they gave her the visa which was shortly before they closed, and then came out of the embassy with a big smile on her face.

A slight hiccup is that she was so excited at receiving the visa , she forgot to ask them to postpone the start date to 1st July which suited us better so that she could finish her nursing exams and also for my sister and her family in Australia to come over to the wedding which is booked for 4th November. I think the embassy is closed for Easter now so Ashley will go back next wednesday to see if they can change the effectivity date.

Thanks again for all your support and invaluable information.

Brian

walesrob
12th April 2006, 13:41
http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/party/beerchug.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif <span style="font-family:Tahoma">CONGRATULATIONS&#33;&#33;&#33; Ashley and Brian </span> style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

ivor&mel
12th April 2006, 14:36
Great news&#33; Congratulations to you both from both of us style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

I&#39;m surprised Ashley was asked about the age difference - yours is minimal compared to mine and Mel&#39;s&#33; And favourite actor?? They are getting too silly now... Anyway, you made it: we&#39;re really pleased for you style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Ivor and Mel

Admin
12th April 2006, 17:44
Another troubled time bites the dust... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wine.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/xxparty-smiley-050.gif

ginapeterb
12th April 2006, 20:14
Hello Brian,

Gina and I send our warmest congratulations and thought the question might be " Who is the Captain of the England Soccer squad"

Best wishes to Ashley, and best of luck in the future.

Gina and Pete

Eljohno
13th April 2006, 03:38
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Apr 12 2006, 08&#58;14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello Brian,
Gina and I send our warmest congratulations and thought the question might be " Who is the Captain of the England Soccer squad"

Best wishes to Ashley, and best of luck in the future.
Gina and Pete
[/b][/quote]

Oh pete soccer is only a word that Americans use coz they have tried to steal our football name lol

Congrats to you Equaliser on getting your visa as i am sure you know it is all worth it.

You will be the 5th guy that i know now from the North who has got married or will be soon. I have a friend from Carrick who got married last December and only a couple of days ago his wife arrived there. Another guy is getting married this Jan in Cebu and of course there is Ken who is using this forum.

John

mupsuit
13th April 2006, 09:25
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 13 2006, 03&#58;38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh pete soccer is only a word that Americans use coz they have tried to steal our football name lol

John
[/b][/quote]

Soccer - this is the correct term for the sport played with a round ball

Football - played with an oval ball is correctly known as Rugby-football -

this is the original name convention

however we see here the dynamic nature of the English language - every evolving - and today

football = round ball - rugby = oval

This must be the only example where the American&#39;s have got it right &#33;&#33;

See what Keith says - he was playing at Cheltenham recently or was if Aintree - if the latter perhaps he could be prevailed upon to tell us about the Aintree Iron

equaliser
13th April 2006, 13:00
Thanks again guys. I really don&#39;t think we would have been successful without this forum.

And I agree with John about the football/soccer issue. The clue is in the name , foot-ball , a ball game where you use your foot style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

When do you get back John ?

Eljohno
15th April 2006, 09:48
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Apr 13 2006, 01&#58;00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks again guys. I really don&#39;t think we would have been successful without this forum.

And I agree with John about the football/soccer issue. The clue is in the name , foot-ball , a ball game where you use your foot style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

When do you get back John ?
[/b][/quote]

Hello (was going to say from sunny Ozamiz but that would not be fair)

I get back on the 29th April so two weeks from today&#33;&#33;

But as usual i am here with a dose of the Glorias(Most will know what i mean)

Still getting used to the time difference as i am ready for bed around 9pm & wide awake at 5am style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

John

andypaul
15th April 2006, 22:05
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Apr 12 2006, 01&#58;04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi guys

Great news for me is that Ashley got her fiancee visa today. I am very happy and I just want to thank you all for your help and support especially Pete , Rob , Keith , John and Ivor. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Ashley&#39;s interview was supposed to be at 1.30pm . She arrived at the embassy at 12.30 but didn&#39;t get her interview until 3 p.m. She said that she was interviewed by an English guy who was both courteous to her and friendly. Some of the questions she was asked about was the age difference ( I am 39 , she is 26) , the accomodation when she gets here , my work, and also who my favourite actor was&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif Didn&#39;t see that one coming. She gave the answer I would have given ... "I don&#39;t know"

At the end of the interview , the guy said "Congratulations and welcome to the U.K" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif She then waited until they gave her the visa which was shortly before they closed, and then came out of the embassy with a big smile on her face.

A slight hiccup is that she was so excited at receiving the visa , she forgot to ask them to postpone the start date to 1st July which suited us better so that she could finish her nursing exams and also for my sister and her family in Australia to come over to the wedding which is booked for 4th November. I think the embassy is closed for Easter now so Ashley will go back next wednesday to see if they can change the effectivity date.

Thanks again for all your support and invaluable information.

Brian
[/b][/quote]

Great news for you both for easter. I guess the your favourite actor question is just to see if your girlfriend can give an answer which makes sense.

From reading i have done and what others on here and elsewhere it is a goood idea to make sure you get the visa start date adjusted. As it should make the appleying for the next stage in 2 years much easier as well as the other personal reason you mentioned.

May i wish you both a happy life together in the UK style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

equaliser
18th April 2006, 14:52
Ashley went to St. Mary&#39;s Euphrasia today and went through the Guidance and Counselling seminars and film , and then got her CFO stamp in her passport .

She will try to get the start date for the visa changed tomorrow. And then we can start planning all the details of our wedding style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

We may get her wedding dress made in Davao , cheaper but takes up space in the luggage when she comes to the U.K.

Still feeling excited about her getting the visa , but also feeling lonely every day without her.

Brian

ginapeterb
18th April 2006, 15:05
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Still feeling excited about her getting the visa , but also feeling lonely every day without her.

Brian[/b][/quote]

Its a blip Brian, you will be looking back in 1 years time and wondering what all the fuss was about &#33;, as many pointed out to me, it seems like an eternity, but then once you have lived together for a while, the honeymoon is over hehehehehehe, speak to Rob, he will mark your card, and Keith, he will give you some of his humour on that score, take care Brian, we are all with you, (seems like it goes on forever), but we are with you all the way, keep active on the net, and the days soon pass.

Best wishes.

Gina and Pete

equaliser
19th April 2006, 12:49
Hi guys

Ashley went to the British Embassy today to try and get them to postpone the start date of the visa until 1st of July , but was turned down. They told her that she should have said at the time of the interview and that it was now too late to change it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

I am disappointed as it means quite a few people changing their plans , but I won&#39;t push my luck with the Embassy. Looks like I&#39;m getting married sooner than I thought. I am looking forward to the wedding and I am sure there are plenty more hiccups before then.

Brian