PDA

View Full Version : a big yes to GP to work longer hours...

katie37pinayuk
5th February 2008, 16:17
i agree that NHS doctors/GPs to work longer hours...weeknights and weekends...they can do shifting anyway. sometimes its difficult...when you have to wait for the weekday to see a physician. yes, we have out of hours and walk in clinics but only when its urgent. some of us works during the day and until saturday and will only be available on sundays. i hope the proposal to be approved and agreed between BMA and the government.

KeithD
5th February 2008, 16:20
I think what you mean is surgeries shoul be open longer, you can't slave the poor GP to death :NoNo:

katie37pinayuk
5th February 2008, 16:43
but there are shifting. well yes boss, i forgot to add its the surgery :rolleyes:. but was a bit of a surprise...i know of an nhs doctor working part time, 3 days a week. how can a doctor work part time? i just wonder... nothing personal :)

KeithD
5th February 2008, 16:55
Why not? Up to each indivual how & when we work, that is part of a free society....now if it was N Korea......

joebloggs
5th February 2008, 16:58
:yikes:

would you work longer hours and not get paid :Erm:

being a gp is a stressful job, you should ask my mom's doc about that, nearly every other week she use to go and see her gp :cwm24::NoNo:

how often do you go and see the doc, i've not been for more than a year, do'nt even know who my doc is... i'm ill now, with flu or what ever it is.. will not go and see gp thou :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/03/ndocs103.xml

looks like the gov is in another :xxsport-smiley-002:, i wonder where me misses stands in all this. i agree they've got to protect the british docs. seeing they can't stop the euro docs..

KeithD
5th February 2008, 17:51
It's getting bad when you need a translator to go with your GP :icon_lol:

katie37pinayuk
5th February 2008, 19:56
:rolleyes: im not saying one GP to work all 7 days of the week. its been one year now i havent been...hmmp

joebloggs
5th February 2008, 20:09
It's getting bad when you need a translator to go with your GP :icon_lol:

never mind docs, you try and find a british vet :doh

:D

KeithD
5th February 2008, 20:44
Vet!!! Bloody everywhere round here, try living in real Briatin instead of the slums :icon_lol: