PDA

View Full Version : fiance visa

phillip
4th February 2008, 20:04
hello i hope somone can give me some advice,i met a girl from the phillippines last sept on the internet we soon became very close and wanted to meet.she applied for a visiter visa to visit a great aunt and to meet me aswell,she got denied her visiter visa and has now appealed wich i think may take up to 6 months and then without a garentee she will get it,i the last few months we have become even closer speaking to each other twice a day.i am now going to visit her this feb,if everything goes well i want to get her here as soon as possible i think fiance visa might be the best way.can we apply for a fiance visa while her appeal for visiter visa is pending,hope you can help us.regards phillip

LadyJ
5th February 2008, 17:27
This is based on the Chapter 27 - Appeals from Entry Clearance Guidance

27.8 - Fresh application while an appeal is outstanding
There is nothing in law to prevent a person who has an appeal pending from making a fresh application for entry clearance in the same or any other category. There is no requirement for a person to withdraw an appeal before allowing a further application to be made. If an appellant is issued a visa to enter the United Kingdom, e.g. following ECM review, then post should follow the procedures as per 27.4.1.

LadyJ
5th February 2008, 17:31
If still not sre what to do phone the British Embassy in Manila when you get to the Philippines and ask your simple question to them.

Goodluck to you!

phillip
5th February 2008, 18:56
thank you for your help lady j

troubled
9th February 2008, 06:58
Good luck mate, I am hoping to take my Filipino fiancee to UK for a holiday at the end of the year from Bangkok.

The Pinoy Embassy in Bkk tell me to call the British Embassy and The British Embassy have nothing but recorded messages.

I still have no idea if I can take her to UK without having to go to Manila first and do a lot of silly paperwork.