PDA

View Full Version : Same Rights?

Eljohno
8th March 2006, 20:09
Hi Guys,

Please forgive me if this subject has been touched upon or is somewhere else here in the forum.

My question is this, when the British man gets married to a filipina and she comes here to live do they have the same rights as 2 people who have always lived in the uk?

I mean things like-Dental work, Doctors, working family tax credit and any Govenment help where needed..

Thanks for your help in advance!!

John

Pauldo
8th March 2006, 20:21
Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 8 2006, 08:09 PM
Hi Guys,

Please forgive me if this subject has been touched upon or is somewhere else here in the forum.

My question is this, when the British man gets married to a filipina and she comes here to live do they have the same rights as 2 people who have always lived in the uk?

I mean things like-Dental work, Doctors, working family tax credit and any Govenment help where needed..

John

Quoted post

Yes John, my wife and I get the same second rate, inefficient, expensive, rip off service as anybody else who claims on the child tax credit, family allowance, education, health systems :Hellooo:

andypaul
8th March 2006, 22:51
Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 8 2006, 08:09 PM
Hi Guys,

John

Quoted post

In the UK your entitled to register to a doctors surgery, not sure about Dentists. Emgency NHS health care such as A and E would be avaiable.

Working Familt tax credits i think you can't claim for, im not an expert on this matter maybe others can correct me. But i have for example heard that a british person married to a non british resident can claim for a child but not their partner. If that makes sense.

mupsuit
9th March 2006, 08:50
Originally posted by andypaul@Mar 8 2006, 10:51 PM
In the UK your entitled to register to a doctors surgery, not sure about Dentists. Emgency NHS health care such as A and E would be avaiable.

Working Familt tax credits i think you can't claim for, im not an expert on this matter maybe others can correct me. But i have for example heard that a british person married to a non british resident can claim for a child but not their partner. If that makes sense.

Quoted post

John

Take your wife to your own doctor's surgery office and register her there - as
they already have a file on you it makes it straightforward

within four weeks she will receive her national health card - the first piece of British legal paperwork that she will receive - it is a useful support document if you are trying to get other things done

OTHER BENEFITS

Your wife's visa will be endorsed NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS - so you need to take proper advice on the receipt of other benefits (by you) because they may impact at a later date (2 years from first arrival) when she applies for further right to remain.

My wife is about to make this application - form SET(M) from the Immigration and Nationality Directorate - this form asks if either partner is receiving a number of benefits eg Income Support - Working Tax Credit - Council Tax Benefit - Job Seekers Allowance - so these benefits must impact upon the ILR application

Perhaps someone else can comment further on this point ...

Eljohno
9th March 2006, 09:23
Originally posted by mupsuit@Mar 9 2006, 07:50 AM
John

Take your wife to your own doctor's surgery office and register her there - as
they already have a file on you it makes it straightforward

within four weeks she will receive her national health card - the first piece of British legal paperwork that she will receive - it is a useful support document if you are trying to get other things done

OTHER BENEFITS

Your wife's visa will be endorsed NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS - so you need to take proper advice on the receipt of other benefits (by you) because they may impact at a later date (2 years from first arrival) when she applies for further right to remain.

My wife is about to make this application - form SET(M) from the Immigration and Nationality Directorate - this form asks if either partner is receiving a number of benefits eg Income Support - Working Tax Credit - Council Tax Benefit - Job Seekers Allowance - so these benefits must impact upon the ILR application

Perhaps someone else can comment further on this point ...

Quoted post

Thanks Colin,

the reason i am asking about the family tax credit is that we both want to start a family sometime but as you know its really difficult to survive on one wage but if we cannot use the family tax credit then we might have no choice but to both work.

Admin
9th March 2006, 11:07
You really need to call the local tax office, for accurate advice, as they know the latest rulings.

My opinion is the wife would not qualify for 2 years.

andypaul
9th March 2006, 19:17
Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 9 2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks Colin,
the reason i am asking about the family tax credit is that we both want to start a family sometime but as you know its really difficult to survive on one wage but if we cannot use the family tax credit then we might have no choice but to both work.

Quoted post

If your like My Wife and I we have decided that for the first two years that its best for both the household accounts and the good of my wife that we both work. My Wife is not on a huge wage, but the fact she is working helps save money in the fact she is kept busy during the day. She even gets a free meal at her workplace which helps.

As well as moneywise its good for your Wife to work so she meets people and gets her own circle of friends.

Eljohno
9th March 2006, 20:08
Originally posted by andypaul@Mar 9 2006, 06:17 PM
If your like My Wife and I we have decided that for the first two years that its best for both the household accounts and the good of my wife that we both work. My Wife is not on a huge wage, but the fact she is working helps save money in the fact she is kept busy during the day. She even gets a free meal at her workplace which helps.

As well as moneywise its good for your Wife to work so she meets people and gets her own circle of friends.

Quoted post

Yes i agree that we both need to work for a while as i am sure just getting used to another culture is going to be difficult enough although we are both keen to start a family before to long.

Unless of course my work gave me a huge rise :yikes:

andypaul
10th March 2006, 19:35
Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 9 2006, 08:08 PM
Yes i agree that we both need to work for a while as i am sure just getting used to another culture is going to be difficult enough although we are both keen to start a family before to long.

Unless of course my work gave me a huge rise :yikes:

Quoted post

Well you never know rearding the Pay rise :) unless your Wife as something lined up already i doubt for the first few months if she will be ready to take on a job.

The first few weeks my Wife was gettin over her jet lag and coming to terms with the different weather etc. My Wife also was scared to go out on her own in case she got lost. Even though all the surrounding area looked fairly familair has i had shot videos of the local area for her to watch.

The first few weeks my Wife was only making trips to the local corner shops on her own then supermarkets in our local high street.

Now after almost five months she is commuting to the next town on her own for her work and planing a trip with a fellow Phill lady to Earls court on their own.

We western people take all these things in our stride and im sure our Wives are just if not more capable than us to do the same but it does take time.

Looking for a Job is also sometimes hard for Phill ladies as my Wife had no experience of formal interviews or writing CVs etc. Your support and of course the boards support is vital.

Eljohno
10th March 2006, 19:46
Originally posted by andypaul@Mar 10 2006, 06:35 PM
Well you never know rearding the Pay rise :) unless your Wife as something lined up already i doubt for the first few months if she will be ready to take on a job.

The first few weeks my Wife was gettin over her jet lag and coming to terms with the different weather etc. My Wife also was scared to go out on her own in case she got lost. Even though all the surrounding area looked fairly familair has i had shot videos of the local area for her to watch.

The first few weeks my Wife was only making trips to the local corner shops on her own then supermarkets in our local high street.

Now after almost five months she is commuting to the next town on her own for her work and planing a trip with a fellow Phill lady to Earls court on their own.

We western people take all these things in our stride and im sure our Wives are just if not more capable than us to do the same but it does take time.

Looking for a Job is also sometimes hard for Phill ladies as my Wife had no experience of formal interviews or writing CVs etc. Your support and of course the
boards support is vital.

Quoted post

Yes i agree that Rhea will need time to get used to the weather and to get settled into her new environment. It probably helps that i have an apartment right in the centre of were i live so it will be harder for her to get lost :)