PDA

View Full Version : Where's it gone??

ivor&mel
8th March 2006, 09:46
I am having a problem getting onto Petes site, but I now understand its down for maintenance reasons, and should be back up shortly.

Admin
8th March 2006, 10:02
He's been kidnapped by aliens :yikes:

Usually he runs out of bandwidth, maybe they took it down for that?

ginapeterb
8th March 2006, 10:31
Originally posted by admin@Mar 8 2006, 09:02 AM
He's been kidnapped by aliens :yikes:

Usually he runs out of bandwidth, maybe they took it down for that?

Quoted post

Keith is correct, there were bandwidth problems which I have been suffering for 3 months or more, traffic is up 150 per cent on 3 months ago, so I am having it moved, Keith has kindly offered to move it to his servers, unfortunately I had already paid the renewal fee, and forgot about Keiths previous offer, if I have any further problems then I will move it to Keiths, in due course, as he has kindly offered.

In the meantime, please be patient, and it should be back up in good time.

Thanks

Pete

Admin
8th March 2006, 10:37
It may take 24hrs from when they switch it back on to the global DNS network updating. It depends on there backend configuration though.

If they are 3rd party suppliers it can take a while, if they have full DNS control it can be instant.

It also means some people will access it, while others can't, all depends on ISP caching. As you can see the WWW is a bit erratic!

walesrob
8th March 2006, 10:56
Ain't that weird, my site is returning a 404 error as well :unsure:

Admin
8th March 2006, 10:59
You have a site :Erm: :D

walesrob
8th March 2006, 11:11
Originally posted by admin@Mar 8 2006, 09:59 AM
You have a site :Erm: :D

Quoted post

Thats weird, now I can't even get into Doteasy (the hosting co).

ginapeterb
8th March 2006, 11:19
Originally posted by walesrob@Mar 8 2006, 10:11 AM
Thats weird, now I can't even get into Doteasy (the hosting co).

Quoted post

Rob I have Pimmed you, about this, come back later will you, I am off out to work around 12.00pm, hope to hear you reply on my pimm before I shoot off, I will try your site as well, mine looks like

HE DIDNT PAY THE BILL !!!

I think we have covered this one enough today.

Admin
8th March 2006, 11:56
HE DIDNT PAY THE BILL !!!
You're slipping the police a few quid :cwm24: I thought we only done that in the Philippines to 'settle' a driving offence :D