PDA

View Full Version : Need help (Non-settlement)

biba
7th March 2006, 06:49
Hello all

I just need your advice and any information that might help in our situation:

Me and my husband are both Filipino, Presently im working in Northern Ireland as a nurse since Jan. 2005 and my husband is in the Philippines. We started our relationship in 1996.

Last week of September 2005 we decided to get married in civil wedding, and first week of October I went back to UK.

As far I know our marriage certificate will take months for the National Statistics office to released. So in last week of Jan 2006 we already had our marriage Lisence coming from NSO.

My husband applied VISA last Feb 2006. as a dependant for a long stay period(Non settlement form VAF1). We presented all documents needed as what stated for the requirements. But still most of my supporting documents here in UK is still im using my surname same with my passport. I planned to change my passport name when ill be going home this coming april since i already have the NSO certified marriage lisence as the main requirement.

I'm worried since my husband application is required to have an interview in the Embassy this coming march 22, 2006, I just wondered if any other members went through this and might help us on what are the possible questions might the ECO deal my husband.

Did my surname affect in the application since im not yet using my husband surname?

Is there any supporting documents to present that might help us established that our relationship and marriage is genuine for the ECO?

hope somebody help us... thnks in advance.

mupsuit
7th March 2006, 09:34
Originally posted by biba@Mar 7 2006, 06:49 AM
Hello all

Me and my husband are both Filipino, Presently im working in Northern Ireland as a nurse since Jan. 2005 and my husband is in the Philippines. We started our relationship in 1996.

Last week of September 2005 we decided to get married in civil wedding, and first week of October I went back to UK.

As far I know our marriage certificate will take months for the National Statistics office to released. So in last week of Jan 2006 we already had our marriage Lisence coming from NSO.

My husband applied VISA last Feb 2006. as a dependant for a long stay period(Non settlement form VAF1). We presented all documents needed as what stated for the requirements. But still most of my supporting documents here in UK is still im using my surname same with my passport. I planned to change my passport name when ill be going home this coming april since i already have the NSO certified marriage lisence as the main requirement.

I'm worried since my husband application is required to have an interview in the Embassy this coming march 22, 2006, I just wondered if any other members went through this and might help us on what are the possible questions might the ECO deal my husband.

Did my surname affect in the application since im not yet using my husband surname?

Is there any supporting documents to present that might help us established that our relationship and marriage is genuine for the ECO?

Quoted post

I can only add a small part of the requested info - As long as you have the NSO marriage certificate, having your passport in your maiden name will not affect the visa application -

My wife applied and travelled to the UK under her maiden name on her passport -

ginapeterb
7th March 2006, 09:53
Originally posted by biba@Mar 7 2006, 05:49 AM
Hello all

Quoted post

Biba,

It would appear from your question, thet the facts of your situation are these:

1. You are on the Highly Skilled Migrant programme.

2. You work as an NHS Nurse in NI.

3. You recently married in the Philippines in September of 2005.

4. You applied for your NSO Marriage Certificate.

5. That certificate has now been received ?

On the basis of what you have written, their is no major issue for you to be worried about regarding names, the fact of the matter is, your husband would normally only require secpa papers for a visit to the Embassy, however your husband's application appears to be for a tourist visa, these are issued on a multiple entry basis for up to 6 months.

I am puzzled why he is applying for a tourist visa, and not for settlement, however, is that because you are not someone 'presently settled in the UK'

Do you have indefinate leave to remain in the Uk ?

iF SO: it would mean you are 'someone presently settled in the UK' in this case your husband would be able to apply for settlement with you, as your spouse.

If this is not the case, I can see why he is applying for non settlement VAFW1.

If youre husband is granted a tourist visa, he will not have to worry about the names issue, since you can prove via secpa papers that you are married, this would give him relative status, and therefore his case to enter the UK should be ok, however, as a tourist, he would come up against the ususal ' Have to satisfy the ECO that there are compelling reasons to return to the Philippines'

therefore the onus of proof is on your husband to satisfy the ECO that there are compelling reasons for him to return home at the end of his stay, ( this maybe because, you yourself don't have indefinate leave to remain).

Which you have not confirmed ? if you did have indefinate leave to remain, why didnt you apply for a spouse visa, which you are perfectly entitled to do.

You need to tell us more, for a better understanding of the situation.

Just tell me if you are permanently settled yourself, or on a 2 year work permit ?

Thanks

Pete

biba
7th March 2006, 11:59
thanks Pete for your response...

here are some additional information of my status in UK:

Originally i'm having a two year work permit, fortunately i was appointed to a permanent post good for 60 months (5 years) as a member of the nursing staff in the hospital.

So my husband is belong to dependents of workers with limited leave to remain in UK.

We are able to provide the requirements as what stated in the WORKER DEPENDENTS VISA REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST - WITH LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN including the NSO marriage lisence.

We already submitted to UKVACS and after almost a week they returned the original with the letter from the Embassy that my husband is scheduled to an interview for the ECO to fully assess my husband visa application under the Immigration rules.

My concern is that if there's any other document other than what is stated in Checklist requirements that my husband would present during the interview?

and also if somebody have the same situation with us, can you share what might be the possible questions my husband would be dealing in ECO?

thnks

biba

ginapeterb
7th March 2006, 12:28
Originally posted by biba@Mar 7 2006, 10:59 AM
thanks Pete for your response...

here are some additional information of my status in UK:

Originally i'm having a two year work permit, fortunately i was appointed to a permanent post good for 60 months (5 years) as a member of the nursing staff in the hospital.

So my husband is belong to dependents of workers with limited leave to remain in UK.

We are able to provide the requirements as what stated in the WORKER DEPENDENTS VISA REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST - WITH LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN including the NSO marriage lisence.

We already submitted to UKVACS and after almost a week they returned the original with the letter from the Embassy that my husband is scheduled to an interview for the ECO to fully assess my husband visa application under the Immigration rules.

My concern is that if there's any other document other than what is stated in Checklist requirements that my husband would present during the interview?

and also if somebody have the same situation with us, can you share what might be the possible questions my husband would be dealing in ECO?
thnks

biba

Quoted post

ok well if you are on Limited leave to remain, this means there is a time limitation of special condition on your leave to remain in the UK, obviously connected to your hospital Nursing Job, if its for 5 years, then I assume you will stay for that period, your husband needs not to worry too much about the documents, if you comply with the checklist, a visa should be granted ok for him to visit you for up to six months, I dont know of anyone on this forum who has been through this, as we are all marriage/fiancee sponsors, sorry I cant be of further help.

Pete

rands
7th March 2006, 20:37
Hi Biba!

I know of someone who applied for visitor's visa last year and although they met and presented as much proofs as they could that their relationship was real, their application was evaluated solely on the basis of a tourist visa application and that means, the ECO would try to know if your husband has significant ties to the Philippines, may it be economic or social, the preparation he makes as the sights he wished to visit in the UK to establish that he really is a genuine tourist. Logically, he is going there to visit you, but the ECO would still evaluate it on the basis of a plain tourist visa application. Sample questions are the following:

Tips and advice: Questions that may be asked in the interview

When did you meet each other?
How did you meet each other?

Was there anything particularly interesting about your sponsor that prompted you to correspond with him? If so, what?

What kinds of things have you done together?

Why have you decided to see each other now?

Why do you want to visit the UK? Why now? Is there any reason connected to this particular time?

What is the marital status of your sponsor?

How old is your sponsor?

Have you visited the UK before? Did you see your sponsor there?

Has your sponsor invited you before? Has he ever invited someone else to the UK? If so, who? and why?

Did anyone help you prepare your application? Answer: YES! My sponsor helped me, he/she is very concerned about it.

Have you travelled abroad since your prior refusal to the UK? Answer: My passport has been submitted as a part of this application. Did you examine it?

What are the sights you wish to visit in the UK?

Remember, some questions are simply trick questions....they would just like to establish if your husband will really leave the UK after his visit.

FOCUS on trying to satisfy the rules for a tourist visa application rather than a settlement. They are completely different applications.

Pete has given you a sound advice.

Good luck!

Rands

biba
8th March 2006, 12:34
thnks pete and rands...

biba
3rd April 2006, 05:26
hello my husband already got his VISA... until my contract ends in 2010.

thnks to all your advice and information..

The ECO evaluates my husband application as plain tourist visa application... all possible questions you have shared is very useful... also it is very important that you are very familiar all the family background of your partner including their works, financial/working status of your partner, the place where your partner works and stay, and also the ECO ask my husband if there is any letters/pictures as proof of your relationship.

...also there is changes in the embassy the way they scheduled/conducted the interview... it is no longer alphabetical order...

my husband was scheduled for 9:20 AM... but he entered 8:20 am together with the others that is scheduled 8:20, 8:40, 9:00,... whoever come first in the 15th floor will be given a number as the order of the interview...

thnks ang God bless you all..

ginapeterb
3rd April 2006, 14:54
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(biba &#064; Apr 3 2006, 05&#58;26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hello my husband already got his VISA... until my contract ends in 2010.

thnks to all your advice and information..

The ECO evaluates my husband application as plain tourist visa application... all possible questions you have shared is very useful... also it is very important that you are very familiar all the family background of your partner including their works, financial/working status of your partner, the place where your partner works and stay, and also the ECO ask my husband if there is any letters/pictures as proof of your relationship.

...also there is changes in the embassy the way they scheduled/conducted the interview... it is no longer alphabetical order...

my husband was scheduled for 9:20 AM... but he entered 8:20 am together with the others that is scheduled 8:20, 8:40, 9:00,... whoever come first in the 15th floor will be given a number as the order of the interview...

thnks ang God bless you all..
[/b][/quote]

Anothr satisfied customer, at the Filipinouk forum, we are getting good at this di ba ?

hildayoung
3rd April 2006, 15:46
Women maiden is never an issue. We should know that a lot of countries have laws that married women could retain their maiden name. A lot of them in Europe.