PDA

View Full Version : She Cried because I was not going with her !

ginapeterb
30th January 2008, 10:42
A Story about the love of a Filipina for her Western Husband.

Sometimes, it makes it all worthwhile, recently I booked a flight home for my dearest beloved, when she got home for work, she told me "Honey did you book the tickets for us ?" I said yes, the ticket is booked for you, but honey you know I should not go really, I need to stay behind and continue on with our business here"

"She said to me Why honey ? why are you not going ? all my explanations did not pacify her, when I told her, that it was better she went and had a nice holiday at EASTER and that really, this time of year, is a time when I can carry on working and make money for us.

My dearest and nearest cried, and told me "That if you are not going, then neither will I ?" "I dont want to go back to Philippines without you "

I thought, Why the crying ? why the emotion, you are going back on a nice holiday, go and enjoy it.

Still she cried, and pushed me to book to go with her, in the end, I told her, not to feel bad if I did not go, that I was happy she would go, and nothing sometimes will persuade her that she should go and have a nice holiday with school friends, family and acquaintances.

This story I wrote today to show just how loving and loyal a Filipino wife is to their husband, some people would just jump at the chance, and would nto worry too much about the husband.

Filipina's are so loving when it comes to these things, I have now persuaded her to go and enjoy herself with my blessings, but I kind of still affected by her crying...

What do you ladies think ? do you sometimes feel like this, how do you feel about going when husband is home in UK...

What are your thoughts on this.

KeithD
30th January 2008, 10:51
Pete....you've gone all mushy :)

I'd have to drag my missus kicking and screaming to the Philippines with or without me :icon_lol:

LadyJ
30th January 2008, 10:55
For me I would probably feel the same, I wouldnt enjoy myself on my holiday without my husband. I'm sure my husband will be always in my mind if Im away from him and I'll probably always ask myself 'what is he going to cook for his meal? or what is he going to eat when he get back home from work?.

My husband can be pain in my :action-smiley-081: sometimes but he's my baby and love him to bits.:Brick:

Alan
30th January 2008, 12:06
Pete,

No similar experience to you (yet) - BUT - I cannot believe how loving, caring etc..etc.. I could go on - my Hanna is.

I now literally look at Hanna beside me and say to myself - 'Al, you ugly brute, how on Earth can a person like you have found such a princess????

I am so, so, very lucky.

God bless everyone on here.
God help Oldham Athletic (Even though we beat Carlisle last night)
Oh - and notice I haven't 'gone on' about my 700th post?
Nor have I mentioned my eagle at golf last week - or have I?

Al.:)

kimmi
30th January 2008, 12:26
I was so touched Kuya Pete, and all I can say is I am always liked that with the crying and everything..I wont enjoy the holiday either if my husband is not with me, it seems that no matter how fun the holiday is, its still incomplete..

Pepe n Pilar
30th January 2008, 12:53
Yes i would feel the same way. I prefer to travel going back home with my love one. Even if i will be on my home country with relatives and dear friends and experiencing once more the beauty of the surroundings still it is not complete without my dear love by my side.

Mrs.JMajor
30th January 2008, 13:09
hmm so touching, (pete story ) thats basically filipina is....loving (1) caring (2) sweet (3) thoughful (4) etc.etc...i can reach till more than 10 to say how dedicated we are (filipinas) to some one we love ...
and as for me,yeah im not going iether as i feel guilty,having some fun for my vacation and my husband is very far and working (sigh)i will insist he will go w/ me:D

dont get surprised guys thats filipina hehe

ca143
30th January 2008, 13:14
for better or for worse thats how caring we are..........(FILIPINAS)

vbkelly
30th January 2008, 13:15
like me and my husband planning when i gave birth to my baby he send me back home to philippines so that my family can see my baby, he said im gonna stay there for 3months and i said to him WHY 3months its a long time and i can't live without you and even just one night i can't sleep without you,HE SAID so do i,and he said for the sake of my family he need to do it beside i'll stay longer here than to my family in PI thats why WE need to sacrifice, anyway he will follow me in christmas time and we go home together by january

ginapeterb
30th January 2008, 15:04
Thanks for all your replies, yes keith me old mate, I did go a bit mushy, but when my beloved starts weeping (which she rarely does) I know something is wrong, but all your replies let me see just how much it means to you that your hubby is with you, when your return home.

You girls are a credit to your men that is for sure, I used to think Filipina's would jump at the chance to go home, and not bother too much about hubby back home, but you have shown that you are truly dedicated to your husbands, well done all of you....

Don't worry girls, the hubby is happy for you to go home, he won't be upset, he is more probably proud that he could send you home...and he really wants you to have a great time.

And of course...he wants you to want to come home to him....absence makes the heart grow fonder...di ba ?

Alan, I fully hear you mate, I understand how you feel when you look down and see Hanna sleeping, you stroke her jet black hair, and just can't believe she is there with you, I often feel like that as well, I know lots of the guys do too, Filipina's are great to be around...but watch out...for their reklamo hehehehehehehehehe

Alan
30th January 2008, 15:17
Thanks Pete - point taken. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:):)

misscarie
30th January 2008, 15:52
so touching , it is true ... me either , i'll better to be with my mahal for holiday than visit PI without him , even he say i can visit my family anytime i want ... i know family in PI will understand if i can not visit them ... "He is My World " :cwm38: no kidding promise :)

ginapeterb
30th January 2008, 15:57
Miss Carie

"Hindi Ito Bola ?"

misscarie
30th January 2008, 16:01
Miss Carie

"Hindi Ito Bola ?"

Hindi PO!

ginapeterb
30th January 2008, 20:03
I was so touched Kuya Pete, and all I can say is I am always liked that with the crying and everything..I wont enjoy the holiday either if my husband is not with me, it seems that no matter how fun the holiday is, its still incomplete..

Salamat Po ! sweet sis Kimmi, shall I go with her and suprise her with my own ticket...?

(asaaaaaaaghhhhhh just think of the fees and income I will loose )

Tish
30th January 2008, 20:29
I go to the Philippines mostly on a yearly basis staying there for 6 weeks at a time without my husband and 3 children :omg:

Tish
30th January 2008, 20:29
And I don't feel guilty one little bit!!

baboyako
30th January 2008, 20:32
and you still havent passed your driving test?

:xxparty-smiley-004:

Tish
30th January 2008, 20:38
and you still havent passed your driving test?

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:Erm:

On the contrary, we both passed our test on the same year and that was in 1991!!! :Rasp:

fred
31st January 2008, 02:12
It was different for me..
My Mrs stayed in the UK with work commitments..
Problem solved.

Gavanddal
31st January 2008, 08:33
My wife isn't working and she said she wanted to go with our daughter back home for a year :yikes: so she could work and get free childcare from her family.
I said no cos
a. I couldn't bear to be apart from her
b. She wouldn't earn enough
c. Who would do the washing and ironing :icon_lol:

When we start work on renovating our house out there we might go out there separately to oversee the work. Perhaps I'll go out for 2-4 weeks and she could stay for another couple of months.

kimmi
31st January 2008, 13:35
Salamat Po ! sweet sis Kimmi, shall I go with her and suprise her with my own ticket...?

(asaaaaaaaghhhhhh just think of the fees and income I will loose )

thats the only problem Kuya Peter, fees and income that u will loose..:NoNo::NoNo::doh:Erm:

if only it will be ok u surprise her with ur own ticket, well im very very sure that Ate Gina will be very very very happy...walang Bola....he he he

Les_lady888
31st January 2008, 15:55
Filipinas are molded to have strong family ties...in effect, this made her to have strong attachment to a family she builds. As a Filipina also, I think it would be just natural for me to be very considerate also of my partner's well being and condition. Normally, a filipina cannot just leave husband (be it pinoy or foreigner) behind to get a good vacation somewhere else. It would feel like a part of you is missing, and your mind will always be thinking of him....In effect, you cant really fully enjoy the holiday because in your heart, you know and feel that it would have been better if husband is with you on that holiday.
:luv4:

ginapeterb
31st January 2008, 21:07
Les_lady888

Well said ! you spoke well, how nice your comments read, well done.

eula mackay
31st January 2008, 22:45
i always tell my husband "i miss you when im sad, i miss you when im lonely but i miss you most when im happy".

it wont be the same going somewhere nice without my husband cause id only wish hes there the whole time enjoying it with me.

im sure gina would still have a good time seeing family etc, but it would be soooooo much more BETTER if you would be there holding her hand. it would not be the same without you!

Les_lady888
1st February 2008, 13:24
Ginapeterb, maraming salamat! :)

ginapeterb
1st February 2008, 14:06
Anyway Guys and girls Miss Gina will not be reklamo today, as we are just about to leave for our flight to Rome (a nice weekend break) so see you all on Monday and take care.....

To Miss Eula, thanks for that, I should hold her hand ! which is what I intend to do today on the flight to the Med.

See you all soon.

kimmi
1st February 2008, 14:08
yehey....!!!!! I am so happy for u, Kuya Peter and Ate Gina..Goodluck and hope u had a safe trip to Rome...:)will surely miss u here..

Mrs Daddy
2nd February 2008, 10:27
its quite Ironic in my situation because eventhough I want my husband to be with me on my visit to Philippines but I would prefer him not to because i am looking after his safetyness.Because of the previous experienced we had last year i would rather want him to stay here and safe and healthy than be with me on my holiday to philippines but scared and weak.

fred
2nd February 2008, 10:31
What did you experience last year Mrs Daddy?

KeithD
2nd February 2008, 10:43
What did you experience last year Mrs Daddy?

San Miguel toxic poisoning.....otherwise known in England as being plastered :D

Les_lady888
2nd February 2008, 11:00
Why so Mrs Daddy? :yikes: What happened?

Mrs Daddy
2nd February 2008, 11:45
hhhhmmmm it was a horrific incidents about three men in a public transport two sat across us and one beside my husband and the other one tried to put his hand to my husband jeans pocket and he(husband) knew about it and my husband backpack was on the floor and the man acrossed picked it up and put it in his lap and then there was a bit of conflict already to make the story short we got off from that vehicle and I asked my husband to checked his wallet we were quite pleased because it was still there but then when we checked his bag the digi camera`s gone.I was paranoid and when we were on the taxi I asked the driver to chased after it but my husband told me what I was thinking what if they have weapons and stuff like that.and worse thing there was that it happened again the next day but we got off from that public transport before it happened again.Its just that we like to go on public transport and the other problem was that everytime he goes to Philippines he always suffers sickness and diarehia for about a week as well as his daughter and I felt guilty about it thinking that it was my fault why it all happened because if its not because of me they supposed not to be here and suffer all the bad events.

KeithD
2nd February 2008, 12:25
The poops is caused by changing meal times. You need to keep meals as close to normal times for the first week. Eat 2 bananas a day starting a week before you leave, and peppermint & ginger capsules.

andypaul
2nd February 2008, 12:36
The poops is caused by changing meal times. You need to keep meals as close to normal times for the first week. Eat 2 bananas a day starting a week before you leave, and peppermint & ginger capsules.

Word i always kept up late in phill after watching the football in the middle of the night:D so have my breakfast about midday phill time which is early morning in the uk.

Mrs Daddy
2nd February 2008, 12:41
hhhmmm never thot of that they said its a bug in the air!

Les_lady888
2nd February 2008, 12:52
ok....thats something interesting...i think ill start a thread about poops...lol :icon_lol:

kimmi
2nd February 2008, 13:45

Listen to the expert..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::Erm:

tomm
2nd February 2008, 14:31

Great advice from the boss :xxgrinning--00xx3: Here we are arriving in Manila :rolleyes:

fred
2nd February 2008, 15:27
Listen to the expert..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::Erm:

Yeah.. Listen to the big boss..
He`s full of it.

kimmi
3rd February 2008, 14:30
Yeah.. Listen to the big boss..
He`s full of it.

is he really big and full, Kuya Fred???:omg::Erm::Rasp::Rasp:

aromulus
3rd February 2008, 16:48
hhhhmmmm it was a horrific incidents about three men in a public transport two sat across us and one beside my husband and the other one tried to put his hand to my husband jeans pocket and he(husband) knew about it and my husband backpack was on the floor and the man acrossed picked it up and put it in his lap and then there was a bit of conflict already to make the story short we got off from that vehicle and I asked my husband to checked his wallet we were quite pleased because it was still there but then when we checked his bag the digi camera`s gone.I was paranoid and when we were on the taxi I asked the driver to chased after it but my husband told me what I was thinking what if they have weapons and stuff like that.and worse thing there was that it happened again the next day but we got off from that public transport before it happened again.Its just that we like to go on public transport and the other problem was that everytime he goes to Philippines he always suffers sickness and diarehia for about a week as well as his daughter and I felt guilty about it thinking that it was my fault why it all happened because if its not because of me they supposed not to be here and suffer all the bad events.

Sorry to hear about this.

Hope that the experience will not put him off.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Les_lady888
5th February 2008, 02:29

Ohh, I really wish and pray lots that this will not happen to me and my Les. I always want him to have his best holiday here and nothing horrific :NoNo: I think best way to ensure safety is just to hire a cab to take us around eh?