PDA

View Full Version : Now guess what....

aromulus
29th January 2008, 23:05
16th of January... sent the bumf and our passports for Jet's residence card application.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

29th of january.... Phone up to see if it is possible to have my passport back by March, as I need to get to Dublin for work.
After giving the details....
"We don't seem to have received the package, or if we did it hasn't been inputted into the computer system"....:omg: :Brick: I would suggest you try phoning in a couple of weeks time...:furious3::furious3:

KeithD
29th January 2008, 23:16
Did you post it in the Royal Mail silver bag? That's the safest way for documents.

aromulus
29th January 2008, 23:18
Did you post it in the Royal Mail silver bag? That's the safest way for documents.

No, recorded delivery sticker. :doh

KeithD
29th January 2008, 23:21
We always use on of these, very secure, and they don;t lose many.

http://www.kyrgyz-embassy.org.uk/images/sde.jpg

mike1
30th January 2008, 10:40
16th of January... sent the bumf and our passports for Jet's residence card application.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

29th of january.... Phone up to see if it is possible to have my passport back by March, as I need to get to Dublin for work.
After giving the details....
"We don't seem to have received the package, or if we did it hasn't been inputted into the computer system"....:omg: :Brick: I would suggest you try phoning in a couple of weeks time...:furious3::furious3:

Be careful, and make sure the application is ongoing when you request your docs be returned as there is conflicting advise from home office ,I was told if i had docs returned I would have to make another application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
30th January 2008, 12:13
Dom,

I know how you feel. Passport Office lost mine once and I needed it for New York. Told me to hang on etc....

I went down to the passport office where I had sent it - saw a supervisor - lo and behold! my passport turned up and I took it away with me.

Cost me money to go there but - just a suggestion mate.

Al.:)

aromulus
30th January 2008, 15:19
Pheeeewwwwwww............

I just phoned that place again....:rolleyes:

They finally admitted that they got the stuff, safe and sound and under "consideration"....

After asking the question.....
Time frame.... 6 months....:Erm:

But the good news is that I only need to give them 10/14 days notice to get my passport back, and it will not affect the application...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now....

If they manage not to lose my personal details while they are at it, it will be a bonus.....:rolleyes:

KeithD
30th January 2008, 15:24
They'll return it via DHL complete with a free disk containing 50,000 CC numbers :action-smiley-081::D

ginapeterb
31st January 2008, 10:03
I concur with Keith's advice, I never send anything to government departments unless is in a silver Royal Mail special delivery, at least you know they got it, sending it any other method, starts to get you worried, I even insured the package for £2500.00 if they lost it.

That was an extra £10.00 but peace of mind is what I need.

Glad they got your docs and passport ok.