PDA

View Full Version : Email Problems

Alan
28th January 2008, 03:20
Can anyone help please?

Went to check my emails a couple of days ago (Outlook Express) and for some reason OE is asking me for my username and password (which are already filled in on the popup box. I press OK and it refuses me.

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.1and1.co.uk', Server: 'pop.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

The above is the message I get.
Why is it doing this to me after 3 years of no problems?

This is Al Clegg - News at 10.00 a.m. - Dumaguete - rather p****d off - handing back to the studio.

Al.:)

walesrob
28th January 2008, 05:14
Studio to Al, could be a temp problem with 1and1, in which case try again later. If the account has worked fine for a few years and your sure nothing has changed, it could be a server problem.

I've had the displeasure of dealing with 1and1 recently, and its a big thumbs down to their tech support.

KeithD
28th January 2008, 11:10
I've had the displeasure of dealing with 1and1 recently, and its a big thumbs down to their tech support.

Very good support if you have a Dedicated Server :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and I'll be taking one up with a Manc outfit soon :omg: ......probably fell off the back of a wagon :rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
28th January 2008, 12:26
yes sir al......it happens normally and its from server (connection)...oh by the time i saw ur post 9 hour ago.....i bet u did able to open your email already....

Alan
28th January 2008, 13:09
Thanks for your responses so far guys.

Just tried again and still the same. :NoNo:

I am getting worried - I communicate with UK on some business matters and I will definitely have some emails lurking on my comp. but not able to access them at the mo.

Al.:Erm:

walesrob
28th January 2008, 13:43
Thanks for your responses so far guys.

Just tried again and still the same. :NoNo:

I am getting worried - I communicate with UK on some business matters and I will definitely have some emails lurking on my comp. but not able to access them at the mo.

Al.:Erm:

Have you tried accessing your emails on 1and1's webmail:

https://webmailcluster.1and1.co.uk/xml/webmail/Login;jsessionid=3F4F6B15FE15A5FB195E5483839FEDBD.TC160b?__reuse=1201524145294

joebloggs
28th January 2008, 14:26
or

www.mail2web.com
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

as for the server scouser keith, its a virtual server and its in my bedroom :D, now where did you store them pics .... oh here .. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

just like your betting tips .. virtually winners or virtual horse just in your mind :Erm:

KeithD
28th January 2008, 16:54
.. virtually winners or virtual horse just in your mind :Erm:

Yep....and just paid for a virtual holiday, in virtual US of A :D

nigel
28th January 2008, 20:15
I used to have problems like that when I used to use outlook express, my solution was to get a yahoo email and never use outlook again!! :NoNo:

nigel
28th January 2008, 20:18
If your trying to retrieve an email you should be able to by visiting your ISP's homepage/search engine page, just click on mail and it should ask you for your password, I used to do it with blueyonder..(Now Virginmedia)