PDA

View Full Version : cover letter

gary41032
5th March 2006, 23:01
hi, can anyone help me, i have married a beautiful filipino woman, we are now getting all our paperwork together, can anyone send me a copy of a cover letter so i have an idea what to write please.

Gary

Eljohno
6th March 2006, 00:03
Originally posted by gary41032@Mar 5 2006, 10:01 PM
hi, can anyone help me, i have married a beautiful filipino woman, we are now getting all our paperwork together, can anyone send me a copy of a cover letter so i have an idea what to write please.

Gary

Quoted post

Hi Gary,

I have tracked down the cover letter as i knew it was here somewhere.
I used it myself when i was applying for the spouse visa but just changed a few things so it looked a bit more personal.

John

Dear Sir/Madam/Miss,

This letter is in support of my wifes/fiancee's application for a entry clearance visa for the purposes of settlement/marriage in the Untied Kingdom.

Whilst considering her application I would like you to be aware of the following:

1. The Circumstances in which we met
2. My financial position.
3. The Accomodation arrangements available to my wife/financee.
4. An overview of our relationship.

The Circumstances in which we met.

I met my fiancee/wife through...........................and on the ...........we decided to meet in ..............by ..............of..............we decided to get marrired/engaged and I proposed....on............

We got married/engaged on..........................

I returned to the Philippines on............and we spent .....week together.....

My Financial Circumstancces

I am presently employed by....self employed as....and represent..or work for.....................................................
I am paid a salary of...or earn for the year .....

I am quite capable of supporting my fiancee/wife and have been supporting her regularly in the Philippines by regular Western Union transfers.....International Money orders....transfers to her bank acocunt etc etc etc...therefore I am quite able to support my fiancee/wife in the United Kingdom should entry clearance be granted.

Our Accomodation arrangments.

I own a ......(rooms number of) and occupy this property exclusively...I rent xxxx and have a rental assured shorthold tenancy agreement for ....months.

An Overview of this relationship with my fiancee/wife.

......and I have been together for .......years/months.... and have developed a close and personal loving relationship, it is our intention to live together in the United Kingdom with a view to marriage within 3 months....or as married we inted to live together in marriage for rest of our lives.

I would do anything for ....and I to be together and would leave the Untied Kingdom to live with her in the Philippines if entry clearance was not succesful, however I am settled inthe UK...have a long term career/business and it would cause financial hardship should I have t leave.

I trust from the facts placed before you...that you will look favourable on the application for my fiancee/wife.

Yours sincerely......

A letter of this type is said to increase the chances of entry clearance being granted...also offering to be interviewed if reaquired during the settlement interview is a good sign..even if you are not asked to do so.

Admin
6th March 2006, 09:41
:Erm: John, I'm not sure how your other half got a visa with a cover note full of blanks?

gary41032
6th March 2006, 18:52
Hi John

Thanks for the letter it really helps a lot

Gary

ginapeterb
6th March 2006, 19:02
Originally posted by gary41032@Mar 6 2006, 05:52 PM
Hi John

Thanks for the letter it really helps a lot

Gary

Quoted post

I See my letter is doing the rounds again

Oh well. its pass the letter..hahahaha

Pete

Eljohno
6th March 2006, 20:35
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Mar 6 2006, 06:02 PM
I See my letter is doing the rounds again

Oh well. its pass the letter..hahahaha

Pete

Quoted post

Hi Pete,

i realise with your copyright and how much it would cost me if you took me to court it was best if i mentioned that you wrote it :)

John

Admin
6th March 2006, 21:14
Why would Pete take you to courts? Do you need a new sofa? :doh :BouncyHappy: