PDA

View Full Version : Do you think she would get a fiancee' Visa?

symonh2000
5th March 2006, 18:48
Hi everyone, Sorry if this in the wrong section but here goes..
I have been in contact with my girl since october and I have arranged a trip to Manila at the beginning of may to see her, when I intend to propose. I was then thinking of applying for a Fiancee Visa, so she could live with me in the UK. Do you think we would be successful, and how are the exact ways of doing it?
A few facts first though.. We are similar age, I am 28 she is 27, I have pretty good income enough to support us at least, although currently I live with parents but this could change if she came.
She has nurse qualifications and would like to work here as a carer once she got here and possibly do further training to become a proper nurse.
We do have some evidence of a relationship, letters e-mails etc, and we are both single and never married.

We were planning on going to the british embassy in Manila on my trip but need to make sure we get things right before we go.

I much appreciate your help.
Simon.

Admin
5th March 2006, 19:05
You need lots of evidence, letters, air ticket stubbs, emails, phone bills, etc, and lots of photo's when you are there. Take it all with you, and fill out the forms. She can then post them after you've left when she is certain in her mind what she wants.

As for your income, if your that well off I'll live with you :cwm24: :icon_tonguew: :butthead:

Advice - Get a place of your own now. Makes it look better on the application, although it doesn't really matter.

Look here http://www.ukvacs.net/

She may be able to work as a carer, but not for two years legally. To be a nurse, she would have to start studies from day 1, and you will have to pay.

You do not need to go to the embassy, UKVACS do it all.

*This answer is written in an erratic manner as that is the way my brain works :D

symonh2000
5th March 2006, 19:12
Cheers for the info mate, the only problem I have with the above is I usually call her on my pay as you go phone as it cheaper than using the BT land line.
So for that reason I don't get phone bills.. I can prove I have been topping up my phone a lot though to use. Income wise I earn about 20K a year, which i think would just about keep us until she can find work.
I am preparing to take lots of photo's, andleave the films with her to get processed as I seem to have trouble getiing my mail to her. (see other thread)

She was planning on coming here on a working visa through an agency, but apparently she has a good chance of the Visa being denied. We don't want to risk this as if she is denied then applies after 6 months to be my fiancee it looks a bit suspicious.
Thanks again
Simon.

mupsuit
5th March 2006, 19:19
Good Luck with the plan - go to British Embassy Manila web site for more info - also see forum member "ginapeterb" - from Pete's post you can find a link to his web site with lots of important info

Can anyone clarify if his girl comes as fiance - Can she work in UK?

Or is it only after they are married?

Eljohno
5th March 2006, 19:25
Originally posted by symonh2000@Mar 5 2006, 06:12 PM
Cheers for the info mate, the only problem I have with the above is I usually call her on my pay as you go phone as it cheaper than using the BT land line.
So for that reason I don't get phone bills.. I can prove I have been topping up my phone a lot though to use. Income wise I earn about 20K a year, which i think would just about keep us until she can find work.
I am preparing to take lots of photo's, andleave the films with her to get processed as I seem to have trouble getiing my mail to her. (see other thread)

She was planning on coming here on a working visa through an agency, but apparently she has a good chance of the Visa being denied. We don't want to risk this as if she is denied then applies after 6 months to be my fiancee it looks a bit suspicious.
Thanks again
Simon.

Quoted post

Simon even though your letters are not getting through when you leave them at the post office they will give you a receipt and that would be your proof that you were at least sending them. As Keith has already said keep proof of everything from even buying her gifts, flight tickets etc etc etc.

I am surprised that you say it is cheaper to phone your girl via mobile phone than BT but here is a number that will save you money. Just ring this number from your BT landline and while the recorded message starts just add your girlfriends number and i think it is about 15p a min to mobile phones in the Philippines.

But from time to time buy phone cards for proof also, if you go to ebay you can get a £25 phone card for £15

All the best for the whole process..

John

symonh2000
5th March 2006, 19:52
Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 5 2006, 06:25 PM
Simon even though your letters are not getting through when you leave them at the post office they will give you a receipt and that would be your proof that you were at least sending them. As Keith has already said keep proof of everything from even buying her gifts, flight tickets etc etc etc.

I am surprised that you say it is cheaper to phone your girl via mobile phone than BT but here is a number that will save you money. Just ring this number from your BT landline and while the recorded message starts just add your girlfriends number and i think it is about 15p a min to mobile phones in the Philippines.

But from time to time buy phone cards for proof also, if you go to ebay you can get a £25 phone card for £15

John

Quoted post

I usually get my phone topped up direct from my bank acoount using a ATM, so I can prove I have been topping my phone up. I think it costs me abou 15p a min also and I am on tesco mobile. I think i may also be able toget itemised statements if i bung them some money.
I have no problem in being able to print off all the e-mails I have sent/recieved althoug some of them are rather saucy in nature... ;)

Admin
5th March 2006, 20:36
I use Royal Mail cards from here http://linkstochina.com/RingChina/index_e.shtml £16 for a £20 card ;) Must be a scouser running the business!

Only apply for a FIANCEE visa, otherwise you can cock it all up, and she will not be coming here at all. Stick to 110% the truth.

20K is enough, just maker sure you've got 2K-3K in the bank.

andypaul
5th March 2006, 21:02
Hi Simon

If your Girlfriend was to come on a Finace Visa she would not be able to work untill she was married to you and the terms of her Visa Changed. Best to see the revelant website for more info.

Also my Wife when she came over enquired about Carer postions and was told they required at least one years experience plus refrences. Your Girlfriends English would have to be of a certain level many agencies or companies will ask for proof such as an ilets qualfication or equivalent.
Look at other employment options as well my wife trained and nursing college in phill and a English qualfication but works in a coffe bar. She enjoys the job loads, less hours so has time to phone home and look after the house.

From what i read you have only met once, im sure you are both deeply in love. But make sure things are right for both of you, im sure both of you don't need reminding how massive decision it is to get engaged and start living together. Especially if one of the parties is in a forigen country and culture. You will need to make sure your Girlfriend has both good and CHEAP communication with familiy and friends, can get foods which she is used to easily. Where is the nearest phill/chinnese shop for example?

You need to make sure you have a huge proof of contact folder (phone bills,letters,emails,parcels,messagner history). As others have said loads of Photos of you both together and with members of both of your families if possible.

Income is not just about your actual salary, its more about can you support both of you with out recourse to public funds. You can have a high salary but if its all going out of the bank each month then thats nots so good. Having some savings in the bank would be desireable but not esential.

You also need to get both sets of id papers sorted asap. Birth certficates and what either else is required. This can take some time and if any mistakes made or found might take time to deal with.

I wish you all the best to both of you, and hope you are soon together and happy.

Ps Make sure you ask all the questions you can and do all the research both on this site and others you can. People on here will help you as much as they can i can ensure you of that from personel experience :)

symonh2000
5th March 2006, 22:01
It may make things more difficult if she cannot work until we are married, as i was hoping we could share the costs of living together.
I was just hoping to find the easiest way of us being together, thats all. I can't really afford to live in the Phil, as it would mean leaving my job an maybe trying to find work there which is difficult.
Any other suggestions guys?

Admin
6th March 2006, 09:43
Just go for the Fiancee Visa, you need to get her here first. Then sort the rest out.

Nothing to stop her doing 'internet' work in your name!

ivor&mel
7th March 2006, 23:34
Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 5 2006, 06:25 PM

Quoted post

For the past few years, I have been using this site for overseas calls:

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/accessnumbers.php

The numbers and rates do vary over time so check before you dial, but they have been very reliable. At the moment, calling Phil is 8p landline and 9p mobile. I used this during the preparation for Mel's interview, and it was invaluable.

Ivor

Pauldo
8th March 2006, 05:50
Originally posted by symonh2000@Mar 5 2006, 06:48 PM
Hi everyone, Sorry if this in the wrong section but here goes..
I have been in contact with my girl since october and I have arranged a trip to Manila at the beginning of may to see her, when I intend to propose. I was then thinking of applying for a Fiancee Visa, so she could live with me in the UK. Do you think we would be successful, and how are the exact ways of doing it?
A few facts first though.. We are similar age, I am 28 she is 27, I have pretty good income enough to support us at least, although currently I live with parents but this could change if she came.
She has nurse qualifications and would like to work here as a carer once she got here and possibly do further training to become a proper nurse.
We do have some evidence of a relationship, letters e-mails etc, and we are both single and never married.

We were planning on going to the british embassy in Manila on my trip but need to make sure we get things right before we go.

I much appreciate your help.
Simon.

Quoted post

Simon, to be blunt, you've only known her five months, and never actually met her in person, so my advice would be not to waste your time applying for a visa of any description for at least another six months. What I WOULD recommend is sending dozens of snail mails, on-line chats (keep records) and any other sorts of communications like birthday cards, postcards etc. Sort out some reliable way for her to get them, either direct to a post office or some other method, and save them all, every one.

The embassy will sneer at you if you go in to seek a fiance visa within two weeks of the first actual meeting with your girl, and the refusal will come back to haunt you later.

No matter how hard you have to scrimp and save and blaggard time off work I'd try to get over to see her a couple more times this summer, take loads of photos and all, then maybe apply for a fiancee visa towards the end of this year.

And also, once you do meet her, make sure you really do want to spend the rest of your days with her. Love IS blind.

Good luck.

symonh2000
9th March 2006, 22:08
Originally posted by Pauldo@Mar 8 2006, 04:50 AM
Simon, to be blunt, you've only known her five months, and never actually met her in person, so my advice would be not to waste your time applying for a visa of any description for at least another six months. What I WOULD recommend is sending dozens of snail mails, on-line chats (keep records) and any other sorts of communications like birthday cards, postcards etc. Sort out some reliable way for her to get them, either direct to a post office or some other method, and save them all, every one.

The embassy will sneer at you if you go in to seek a fiance visa within two weeks of the first actual meeting with your girl, and the refusal will come back to haunt you later.

No matter how hard you have to scrimp and save and blaggard time off work I'd try to get over to see her a couple more times this summer, take loads of photos and all, then maybe apply for a fiancee visa towards the end of this year.

And also, once you do meet her, make sure you really do want to spend the rest of your days with her. Love IS blind.

Good luck.

Quoted post

Thanks for the advice Pauldo. Me and her seriously need to think abou the way in which we can be together. I know I haven't met her yet but have spoken to her at least once a day since december and I have known her since last October. I don't really want to risk applying for a Visa though if she is likely to be refused because of the problems it may cause, but then again I do want to be with her. I cannot really afford to go and live with her for a while also, as it would mean me giving up a good job. Has anyone any other suggestions on how she could come here for a while? My idea was to get the Fiance' Visa, and it would give us twelve months to see if we were right for each other, if so we would marry towards the end of it, if not she could go home. I will try to go and see her again this summer, maybe end august / september time, but I would rather she came here to see me, if you know what I mean..
Simon.

Eljohno
9th March 2006, 22:43
Originally posted by symonh2000@Mar 9 2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the advice Pauldo. Me and her seriously need to think abou the way in which we can be together. I know I haven't met her yet but have spoken to her at least once a day since december and I have known her since last October. I don't really want to risk applying for a Visa though if she is likely to be refused because of the problems it may cause, but then again I do want to be with her. I cannot really afford to go and live with her for a while also, as it would mean me giving up a good job. Has anyone any other suggestions on how she could come here for a while? My idea was to get the Fiance' Visa, and it would give us twelve months to see if we were right for each other, if so we would marry towards the end of it, if not she could go home. I will try to go and see her again this summer, maybe end august / september time, but I would rather she came here to see me, if you know what I mean..
Simon.

Quoted post

Hi Simon,

You were saying that you wanted a fiancee visa for your girlfriend to come over then wait up to one year to see if you are right for each other but if she came over on a fiancee visa you would have to marry her within 6 months of her arrival.
I agree with Pauldo as it is too soon to be thinking of a fiancee visa as you have not even met yet. You have all the time in the world because once you get married i am sure you would want it for a lifetime so whats a few more months. Start a file of evidence now and when you can afford it and are able to get time of work then go and see her and maybe you will have a better idea then if you are suited.

John

Dayko2006
9th June 2006, 19:00
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Mar 5 2006, 07&#58;25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

John
[/b][/quote]

Question Lang? When embassy say "Copies will do" especially divorce absolute do they mean cerified or photostated?

ivor&mel
9th June 2006, 19:05
Question Lang? When embassy say "Copies will do" especially divorce absolute do they mean cerified or photostated?
Yes - you just have to guess which one they will apply to you! :) Mel and I just submitted a photocopy and it was no problem; others have submitted a certified copy and that would be your safest bet.

Admin
10th June 2006, 08:41
Always play safe and get a solicitor to sign it, that is one less thing that can go wrong then style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif