PDA

View Full Version : visa running out

john sergison
24th January 2008, 22:04
evening all

friend of mine has his fiancee here now on fiancee visa.

it was issued 28th december 2007

the wedding is saturday 28th june 2008 ;;6 month visa will be up then.
he will only be applying for flr on monday 30th june.

i have told him that she will be in breach of visa rules and have advised him to move wedding forward, but doesnt see why he should and feels that the visa dept will be sympathetic.

anyone else got different views on this or is it me that is wrong

john sergison

walesrob
24th January 2008, 22:21
Agreed John, that is too close, and its no use your friend assuming "the visa dept" will be sympathetic, they won't. Tell him to move it forward.

He can get clarification from one of the Public Enquiry Offices their numbers listed on the following webpage:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/contactspage/peos/

aromulus
24th January 2008, 22:59
Ain't worth the risk.:NoNo:

All you need is a jobsworth :Brick: at the desk, and she's back to Phil faster than you can say " I do".....:doh

Get him to move the event forward by at least a month. Otherwise it might end up in tears.:bigcry:

LadyJ
25th January 2008, 10:22
The wedding is on the day of his fiance's visa expiration, not enough time indeed! Also they have to wait aswell for the register to issue their Marriage Certificate by post.

Unless they can get their M.Certificate just right after the wedding (which I think its impossible) then they can head off to the one of the public enquiry offices for the premium application.:icon_lol:

joebloggs
25th January 2008, 12:15
your visa has expired, then your an overstayer, you could try and ask for an extension, but for 2 days you prob get away with it, as your app goes thru the system, thats if you want to take the risk , not worth it, :doh, i wouldn't as i do'nt take risks :D

no such thing as a sympathetic visa office, those who do their job correct, go by the rules, and she will be an overstayer..

KeithD
25th January 2008, 19:53
As far as the immigration are concerned, when you applied you already had the date arranged. To do this will be in breach of the visa rules the applicant agreed to.

She would then have to marry, and go home on the same day, and apply for a spouse visa, including flights that'll be another £2000+

No reason for this to happen, other than the folk getting married thinking they know better than the IND.....Trust us all on here, they DO NOT.