PDA

View Full Version : help for job

lorjas
23rd January 2008, 13:53
HI to all,

My husband to be( as we are getting married next month ).He is looking for job in garments,he was a factory manager for 15 years and thinking and planning to work in Phil .Anybody there knows any jobs in PH for this position.

thanks

Mrs.JMajor
23rd January 2008, 14:14
sigh...u sure he will accept the salary of peso.... :doh (is he english man) well just try to look on classified ads :rolleyes:

winner
23rd January 2008, 17:39
were your husband to be from ?

lorjas
24th January 2008, 08:14
HI WInner,

My husband is from Uk also but working for long time outside UK

kimmi
24th January 2008, 13:23
hi lorjas,

i think ur husband will find it hard to get a job in the Philippines since I am sure ur aware that we dont have enough jobs there but still I wish him all loads of good luck..and also is he prepare to have a lower salary?sorry just being honest here..

if he's still decided he can look at the classified sections of different broad sheets and in the internet..

Goodluck..:)

rosedave07
24th January 2008, 15:09
hello there..

Did you know that how many factory closed for the last 7 years starting 2000 more or less about 50 percent. The factory worker in the philippines is the one who receive less than a minimum and maybe no one will gonna hire your husband for the reason that the factory will not met the salary that your
husband wants... minimum in our country is 400 about 5 pounds a day my dear.. think about it.

fred
24th January 2008, 15:25
Now if he was a teacher..That would be a whole different ball game.
Actually if he is a native English speaker and can stand Koreans he could earn as much as 300PHP an hour..
Dont laugh..Thats damned good money here Im told..

joebloggs
24th January 2008, 15:39
Now if he was a teacher..That would be a whole different ball game.
Actually if he is a native English speaker and can stand Koreans he could earn as much as 300PHP an hour..
Dont laugh..Thats damned good money here Im told..

yes teaching looks the only way for a whitey to get 'decent' money,,, my friend married a japanese gal, and moved to japan, he teaches them english, but maybe i'll go for IT, palawan state uni maybe :D, or i'll just live off the misses while she works , got my orange jiuce ready for me fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Marwin08
24th January 2008, 15:43
Part of Biņan and Calamba,Laguna there's alot of factory there.As others adviced you,your fiance must think of it carefully.You know the economic situation of Phils many professionals preferred going abroad to try their luck.

lorjas
24th January 2008, 15:47
THANKS GUYS,

Looking for job in PH is just a thinking actually me and my husband is in China now. Im in CHina for almost 8 years and my fiance is running to 2 years. We both working here My fiance is presently working in factory supplying M&S. . Anyway its just my crazy idea to find him job in PH. I know its imposible ,thats why I am working abroad since 1990 because of low salary in PH.My fiance will really disagree on my plan. We are getting married on February.

thanks guys

fred
24th January 2008, 15:54
got my orange jiuce ready for me fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Only with the minimum regulated rum measure Im afraid Joe..
Anyway..Its good for you.

joebloggs
24th January 2008, 15:59
Only with the minimum regulated rum measure Im afraid Joe..
Anyway..Its good for you.

:yikes: have you got any of those Cocktail Umbrellas :Erm:
oh it be along time til i'm back in the phils, stepson is going back to uni there in april, and that means i'll have to pay for childcare for little joe :cwm24:, told the misses to send little joe with him, so the misses aunt can look after him, she not having it thou :doh :D

lorjas
24th January 2008, 16:08
HI fred,

My fiance is a FActory general manager supplying clothes to UK and got double money to what he can earn in UK and cheaper to live here. and we dont need to pay for the house and electricity,because the company is providing evrything for us.. imposible to get this benefits in PH ha. We are planning to settle to UK when he finish his contract end of this year. And im looking forward to that and meet good people there. Fred nice to get instant reply from you,, thanks and god bless us always

fred
24th January 2008, 16:14
:yikes:have you got any of those Cocktail Umbrellas :Erm:No worries..Umbrellas I can do.
I`ll even stick a nice sparkler in if it means you`ll drink it.
Dont worry about the Mrs..Send him over here..He will love it.
Everyone will call him by his first name..Even those that dont know him.
I often wished my mother named me Joe..
Very popular here.
Cheers..Fred.

fred
24th January 2008, 16:27
HI fred,

My fiance is a FActory general manager supplying clothes to UK and got double money to what he can earn in UK and cheaper to live here. and we dont need to pay for the house and electricity,because the company is providing evrything for us.. imposible to get this benefits in PH ha. We are planning to settle to UK when he finish his contract end of this year. And im looking forward to that and meet good people there. Fred nice to get instant reply from you,, thanks and god bless us always

I used to know a Brit and his wife that was a production/general manager for M&S here in Manila..
The British company paid his rent which was PHP85,000 in Dasmarinas village Makati in 1987..
They had a swimming pool and cooks that cut off the crust before serving a sandwich etc.. What I really liked was the way they served me ice cold SMB`s in frosted glasses by the pool.
They had 2 cleaners ,2 waiters,2 cooks and a butler.
Now thats what I call living..
Who knows? Next year that could be you..
Dont forget to invite me over.:icon_win:

lorjas
24th January 2008, 16:30
thanks again fred..

joebloggs
24th January 2008, 16:33
No worries..Umbrellas I can do.
I`ll even stick a nice sparkler in if it means you`ll drink it.
Dont worry about the Mrs..Send him over here..He will love it.
Everyone will call him by his first name..Even those that dont know him.
I often wished my mother named me Joe..
Very popular here.
Cheers..Fred.

joe :doh:yikes: thats not my real name :doh, maybe you know, salford is home of "the legendary joe bloggs" a 'fashion range' :icon_lol:. funny the posters husband works in the clothing industry !, hope your not making fake "joe bloggs" stuff :yikes: :D, just joking..

i'm not worried about the misses, shes 6 yrs younger than me, i'll be retired b4 her :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and hopefully she will be getting a nice pension off the nhs :rolleyes: when she does retire.

little joe would love it there, no stop trouble he is, he would get an asbo and be sent back, but the misses aunt would be :Cuckoo::Rasp: about him, his surname thou, only a few people in the world have it, not sure if thats a good thing thou :Erm::D:NoNo:

oh fred, i saw the other day,a house for sale near me, that had reduced on the for sale sign.. sign of the times :Erm:

take it easy, and don't strain yourslef on your hammock :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
24th January 2008, 16:34
I used to know a Brit and his wife that was a production/general manager for M&S here in Manila..
The British company paid his rent which was PHP85,000 in Dasmarinas village Makati in 1987..
They had a swimming pool and cooks that cut off the crust before serving a sandwich etc.. What I really liked was the way they served me ice cold SMB`s in frosted glasses by the pool.
They had 2 cleaners ,2 waiters,2 cooks and a butler.
Now thats what I call living..
Who knows? Next year that could be you..
Dont forget to invite me over.:icon_win:

thats nothing to the number of servants ladyj has :D
are those days gone for good thou :Erm:

fred
24th January 2008, 16:52
oh fred, i saw the other day,a house for sale near me, that had reduced on the for sale sign.. sign of the times :Erm:This is just the beginning IMO Joe..5 years slump followed by 5 years recovery..Happens every 10 years. Called the property market cycle mate.

thats nothing to the number of servants ladyj has :D
are those days gone for good thou :Erm:As I said before Joe..I think these type of positions will once again be in demand.. Its not easy to run a British operation overseas producing value in hard times without the proper British expertise/management..
These guys are worth their weight in gold to companies such as M&S.

don't strain yourslef on your hammock :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:Joe..I think I have worn this one out(Only 6 months old!!)..
I really should get a new one.
Trouble in paradise eh.