PDA

View Full Version : To all SINGLE Filipina Ladies

KeithD
22nd January 2008, 14:53
You are all beautiful women (well apart from the ones with a moustache :cwm3:), and have the upbringing and respect that many UK guys would kill for (hopefully not the present wife to win you over :cwm24:).

If you haven't found anyone yet, or recently split up, don't worry, time WILL find you someone.

Remember this though, you are the prize that has us guys running to the Philippines to grovel before you, this means you have the upper hand. YOU are in control. If the guy doesn't fit into exactly what YOU want for the rest of your life, move on, the one for you will be along soon after.

Some things that can mean it's the worng guy:

Arguing with you - This is a no no. Small tiffs yes, but not constant arguing, that is NOT happiness, and can lead to resentment & relationship failure.

Always going on about money - Not a good sign at all. If the guy has problems now, he WILL not be able to support you as you should be supported.

Doesn't want to visit you - If they are not gagging to get to you ASAP, dump them. They lack the passion for your relationship.

I'm sure the guys on here can add more advice.

Marwin08
22nd January 2008, 15:21
Boss Keith,your brilliant.Your definitely right boss.And i would take this advice of yours into my heart and mind for me not to commit mistakes again.

LadyJ
22nd January 2008, 17:46
Eh?! only single ladies are beautiful?? :omg: What about us, married ladies?:cwm23:

Good advice Doctor Love:xxgrinning--00xx3:

katie37pinayuk
22nd January 2008, 21:54
You are all beautiful women

If you haven't found anyone yet, or recently split up, don't worry, time WILL find you someone.

i really would like to believe this...after a split-up:cwm34:

aromulus
22nd January 2008, 22:50
for me not to commit mistakes again.

You haven't "committed" anything. :D
The guy was very insecure and unwilling to work to make a success of the partnership. :cwm23:
You are lucky that it didn't go any further. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
It could have been disaster.:NoNo:

You better believe it.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:
The right person for you, is out there waiting....... only that he doesn't know yet.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

nigel
22nd January 2008, 23:26
Awww you split? What happened lol?

tomm
23rd January 2008, 00:07
Boss Keith,your brilliant.Your definitely right boss.And i would take this advice of yours into my heart and mind for me not to commit mistakes again.

What aromulus has said to you is very true. Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
23rd January 2008, 01:44
You are all beautiful women (well apart from the ones with a moustache :cwm3:), and have the upbringing and respect that many UK guys would kill for (hopefully not the present wife to win you over :cwm24:).

Remember this though, you are the prize that has us guys running to the Philippines to grovel before you, this means you have the upper hand. YOU are in control. If the guy doesn't fit into exactly what YOU want for the rest of your life, move on, the one for you will be along soon after.

Arguing with you - This is a no no. Small tiffs yes, but not constant arguing, that is NOT happiness, and can lead to resentment & relationship failure.

Always going on about money - Not a good sign at all. If the guy has problems now, he WILL not be able to support you as you should be supported.

Doesn't want to visit you - If they are not gagging to get to you ASAP, dump them. They lack the passion for your relationship.

wow,i just always read funny jokes from you....:icon_lol: but now u have great word to advice:) well never realize that u can be cupid :love::luv4:

Mrs.JMajor
23rd January 2008, 01:49

jaywin...ur still young...i found my true love at the age of 40....so be patient..u will be alright...and seeing your picture...your fine...:ARsurrender::)

tomm
23rd January 2008, 03:23
Ladies, I think what the boss said is right :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Here's my take.

Arguing: A good relationship needs a good foundation. Arguing and 'trying to hold it together' at the start is not a good foundation. :NoNo: ...time to run!

Money: Any man who is serious will have an idea of how much he will have to spend to pull it off. Some guys will be sailing pretty close to the wind but that doesn't mean they can't support you. Being careful with money shouldn't be taken as a sign he is broke... maybe he's just being sensible which should be seen as a quality. However, if he's struggling financially to make the first trip to PI... he ain't got a hope of funding the rest.

Doesn't want to visit: Yes, he should be gagging to get to you... and you should feel the same. Also, a relationship naturally has to move forward or it will starve. However, you do need to consider his work commitments. Don't assume he can drop everything, fly half way round the world, so you can leap into his arms like the scene in Armageddon! Personally, I would ask right at the start with all the other questions... but tactfully.. like, 'if he met a girl he liked, would he visit her and when?'. If he answers 2/3 months for example, hold him to it, then if he starts making excuses :NoNo: .... time to run!

Good luck to you all :)

silver13
23rd January 2008, 11:04
Take the good advice from the boss, he is definitely right:BouncyHappy: Arguing isn't healthy especially in a long distance relationship. If he is always going on money this is not so good, later on, that will be the cause of failure in the relationship.

Yeah i believe that a man should have the initiative to visit you in PI, but if he says he can't visit you at early stage, give him a chance because some guys although they can afford to visit you or cantravel immediately, they just want to test you. Anyway he if truly up to you, he will travel to visit you sooner, this is from my own experience:)

Good luck to all.

kimmi
23rd January 2008, 13:20
talking by experience Boss?he he he he

what about the advise for in a relationship with a British guy?what to expect or anything?

katie37pinayuk
24th January 2008, 16:37

why laugh nigel...:bigcry: maybe i was just hanging around with the wrong guy for a long time and i missed the right one...or maybe there is something wrong with me...i don't know :rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
26th January 2008, 15:41

split on the floor :Erm:---------:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

LEAHnew
27th January 2008, 07:35
Sounds my dad:Erm::Erm:

Boss you’re such a caring and protective admin…:xxgrinning--00xx3:

In my situation we don’t argue my Bf made me feel I’m always right even I got mad at him…(Mostly from misunderstanding):doh
Knowing him almost 2 years I’ve been aware to his ups and down coz we started friends.
The first time he didn’t make it to visit me I was so disappointed :bigcry:
but knowing his reasons really made my heart soften and more supportive and more inlove with him… :cwm38:
Financial and emotional support he’s there for me even miles away:xxgrinning--00xx3:…The only thing is to give him time to finally meet me ..…
if that won’t happen 2-3 months starting now I’ll run then:D (Kidding beb)
like the always saying move on and let’s see things turn out.:cwm34:

Life is so short so live to the fullest…No worries ... just stay happy and remain positive thinking!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

To my kukupops I want you to know that I love you so much:cwm38: ..
oh btw thanks for replacing my mobile :cwm12::cwm12::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

KeithD
27th January 2008, 10:39
A big difference between arguing & misunderstanding which will always happen when different cultures collide. Which is why each other should read this (http://www.amazon.com/Philippines-Culture-Shock-Alfredo-Roces/dp/1558686274) & this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/British-Culture-Introduction-David-Christopher/dp/0415142180). These are excellent books.

joebloggs
27th January 2008, 10:54
A big difference between arguing & misunderstanding which will always happen when different cultures collide. Which is why each other should read this (http://www.amazon.com/Philippines-Culture-Shock-Alfredo-Roces/dp/1558686274) & this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/British-Culture-Introduction-David-Christopher/dp/0415142180). These are excellent books.

:yikes::doh i thought they were books on racing tips :NoNo:

number 1 cause of arguments :REGamblMoney01HL1: or lack of it :D

KeithD
27th January 2008, 11:13
It pays for all our holidays :)

Mrs.JMajor
27th January 2008, 12:53

number 1 cause of arguments :REGamblMoney01HL1: or lack of it :D

:xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

LEAHnew
29th January 2008, 09:27
:D

I thought as well:doh:D

Thanks Boss for the link:xxgrinning--00xx3: I'll tell my kukupops to add it on my pasalubong list:rolleyes:

lavander
2nd April 2008, 23:29
dear win2win,
your advise really does something to everyone here at the forum...
well, as per my case, maybe u can help me find my special one...
am still waiting for him...

r u there mr. unknown?, give me a hint where to find you!..you must been hiding all your life :)

lavander

telford
3rd April 2008, 08:19
:Hellooo::gp: nice advice po!!!:)

happyman
12th April 2008, 09:11
Hi my fiancee and i have had a few disagreements since we have known each other some over money , some over cultural diferences , i think a lot of misunderstandings come from not being able to talk the dialect and not fully underatnading the cultue , wich i hope to try to learn and a lot of guys dont even try or want to know which i think is silly
I think the biggest point is to remeber what has been said on both sides and be able and man enough to say sorry to your woman if you are qeong or the other way round ,then sit down and talk it through most times there will be give on both sides and an agreeable sytuation should eventuate:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Durkhaima
16th April 2008, 11:21
Hi all I am Durkhaima's other half. To all the guys out there, they are the best women in the world and I have found my one and only. She is full of LOVE and is 110% LOYAL, hard to find that quality in a English woman. You are so right Win2Win. I do think life can not run smooth all the time, But always remember never let the Sun go Down on a disagreement no matter how small it may seem. Take care all you lovely people. Derek.:Cuckoo::cwm12::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

David House
7th June 2008, 18:50
I would add a word of caution here to this advice. There is a widespread belief in the Philippines that every white man is loaded. There is another belief that if they (the white guy married to a Filipina within a family) has it, and you (the Filipino within that family) needs it, it is their duty to give it to you without too many questions asked. Sorry if this sounds cynical. In many cases your wife, or fiance, won't be like that at all but members of her family will be. She might become as agrieved as you at constant demands for "support" or "allowances" but her natural family orientation will make her feel guilty if she doesn't "help". My advice to everyone is to establish some ground rules early on and then stick to them. To the ladies I would say please make sure that you are marrying your man for love, and for your own future, and not because he can be the salvation of your family. To the guys I would say beware, when you marry a Filipina you will find that her family play a much bigger part in your future than you might be prepared for. If you are ready for that, fine, but if not you can expect problems. My own response has always been to support efforts to become self sufficient and to avoid those which lead to dependency. I have failed miserably. Every venture we have supported, and there have been many, has failed due to a lack of basic business sense and discipline, with money being diverted to other pressing "needs" and then the hands are held out for more from the rich guy. It can produce stress and you need to be prepared.

joebloggs
7th June 2008, 20:24
yes some filipina's should come with a gov and bank mangers health warning :NoNo:

David House
8th June 2008, 10:20
A few more thoughts to add to my post yesterday, directed to the ladies. I find that many Filipinas have a belief that their "needs" will all be taken care of by their husband. He will pay all the costs for housing, food, transport, clothing etc etc from what he earns. Of course, if you are a full time housewife, looking after the home and kids, then that is true. However that is a rarity in the UK these days. Most couples both have to work just to pay their bills and lead a reasonable life style. Nevertheless many Filipinas feel that what they can earn is "theirs" and that they can do whatever they wish with it, normally sending most of it back to their various family members. This can cause conflict. You are not an OCW here just to work and remit. You are a wife and you must take an appropriate share of the living costs of you and your husband. There may not be very much left to send back. Thats' the way it is here now so you had also best be prepared for it.

angel1231
8th June 2008, 11:10
:Hellooo:may i add..thats whay when u get married or wanting a filipina wife it always comes with the package no doubt about it.and lots of this....:Help1: from u...

joebloggs
8th June 2008, 12:14
A few more thoughts to add to my post yesterday, directed to the ladies. I find that many Filipinas have a belief that their "needs" will all be taken care of by their husband. He will pay all the costs for housing, food, transport, clothing etc etc from what he earns. Of course, if you are a full time housewife, looking after the home and kids, then that is true. However that is a rarity in the UK these days. Most couples both have to work just to pay their bills and lead a reasonable life style. Nevertheless many Filipinas feel that what they can earn is "theirs" and that they can do whatever they wish with it, normally sending most of it back to their various family members. This can cause conflict. You are not an OCW here just to work and remit. You are a wife and you must take an appropriate share of the living costs of you and your husband. There may not be very much left to send back. Thats' the way it is here now so you had also best be prepared for it.

:icon_lol: , not my misses, she works, she gives me most of her wage( for now anyway) to help pay the bills, and yes some of the money goes back to the phils to get my stepson thru uni, also to get her cousin thru uni, and to help her aunt out, which i'm more than happy and willing to pay,even thou sometime it leaves us with little left.

and i'm hoping soon she will be giving me money to spend :D, its not my money or her money, its our money.. and in near 6yrs we have done whats best for us and her family in the phils, without one big argument :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jencha8569
14th June 2008, 11:51
well said and quite right mr.house.lol

IainBusby
14th June 2008, 12:01

Right on Mr House!

kimmi
14th June 2008, 18:24
Right on Mr House!

second the motion..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
20th July 2008, 14:24

Hahahhaha.

Nice 1 matey.

Well it loks like we will be fine then heheheh:)

Fitzy
20th July 2008, 14:25
Looks like i mean dohhhhhh:NoNo:

Fitzy
20th July 2008, 16:13

Hmmmm, nice thread Mr House:)
Very interesting too I might add.
As for me, I have been very fortunate in the respect of my humble background, and attending the most awful school imaginable:NoNo:
The ferol type of school, where if you were studious, and not behaving badly you got beat up for being odd!!!!
Well, I have to say that I left early, coz at 15 I had a part time job to help the family, and needed to get to college to study electronics which I did for a number of years, having being interested in radio stuff, and building things since a a very early day, lol
Ok, so I now have a very well paid job in the Airport sector planning, and maintaining bespoke radio communication/mobile data solutions for the UK, and the rest of the world.
It feels a bit daunting to have all this responsibility sometimes, but there you go .lol
To get to the point, I can easily support us, so that's the least of my worries, lol
I even have a great boss, who likes me, now how many peeps can say that hehehehe.
I requested some leave this Jan, so that I can be with my perfect princess for two whole weeks, and he was pretty cool with it, lol
Hanzell is just as excited as I am, and we chat most everyday, but I miss her soooooooooooo much, being mr impatient:)
She asks me for nothing, but my love, and I love to give her things, and spoil her so rotten hehehehehhh
I love her so much, coz she is beautiful in all ways.
The only thing that I was annoyed, and shocked with, was the fact that she told me that she did not possess a bed to sleep on, and that she used the floor!!!
She told me this after a year into our relationship, and needless to say, I have remedied this problem, and she is going to buy one from the malls in Cebu today:)
Her poor back, ouch!!
I can't have that, lol
In fact I had to insist on it, coz she don't like me spending my money. What a nice girl.
You won't find that in an English women, well most anyway, lol
Soreeeeeeeeeeeee:)
Please tell me which money transfer product that most of you use please?
I find Xoom excellent, fast, reliable, and good value for money.

Thanks for putting up with me heheheehh:D

Philip.

trina
21st July 2008, 01:43
Eh?! only single ladies are beautiful?? :omg: What about us, married ladies?:cwm23:

Good advice Doctor Love:xxgrinning--00xx3:

oo nga.....What about us??????:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Whisperer
25th September 2008, 02:51
Hi guys! i just registered and feeling my way.DO NOT TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY! About the gwapa filipina.Oh my God! Are they real? Oki enough jesting.I agree the filipina are gwapa but why is it i only find those that cannot tell the truth!im not a bad guy,well sometimes.Im residing in Bacolod ad trying to find someone i can trust.Thankyou .Halong

pacificelectric
5th February 2009, 12:46
I believe studying the language and learn some basic phrases (magandang gabi, kumusta kana, and the most important 'mahal na mahal kita') can bring you closer to the lady......

pacificelectric
5th February 2009, 12:49
why is it i only find those that cannot tell the truth!

Oh oh, a woman telling the truth, you set your standards too high! :cwm12:

Seriously, what about do you expect the truth?

lonelyheart
7th February 2009, 20:32
dear win2win,
your advise really does something to everyone here at the forum...
well, as per my case, maybe u can help me find my special one...
am still waiting for him...

r u there mr. unknown?, give me a hint where to find you!..you must been hiding all your life :)

lavander

Not Mr Unknown but Mr Lonelyheart :Hellooo:

Who knows !!?

nigel
10th February 2009, 22:31
why laugh nigel...:bigcry: maybe i was just hanging around with the wrong guy for a long time and i missed the right one...or maybe there is something wrong with me...i don't know :rolleyes:

But I meant LOL as in Lot's Of Love!:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

This post was a year ago and I'm crying about the misunderstanding now!:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Actually..:Erm: It's a hilarious misunderstanding I guess! Hehe

katie37pinayuk
18th February 2009, 17:09
But I meant LOL as in Lot's Of Love!:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

This post was a year ago and I'm crying about the misunderstanding now!:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Actually..:Erm: It's a hilarious misunderstanding I guess! Hehe

let it go Nigel hehe. i was sensitive then ... heart and brain were crashed then. i found mr. right ( i hope) and very happy at the moment so i have my brain and heart working again i guess :Erm:

ericah.ericah
4th March 2009, 16:35
Hi guys! i just registered and feeling my way.DO NOT TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY! About the gwapa filipina.Oh my God! Are they real? Oki enough jesting.I agree the filipina are gwapa but why is it i only find those that cannot tell the truth!im not a bad guy,well sometimes.Im residing in Bacolod ad trying to find someone i can trust.Thankyou .Halong

About the Filipina gwapa, beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? Do you have any problems or shall I say, any bad experiences with women from Bacolod? Please, people lie, some do it moderately i guess, and some has their reasons why they lie. :)

trader dave
9th March 2009, 05:57
there are bad pilipinas as there are bad english husbands:action-smiley-081: theres a lot of distrust and jeliousy at first in a long distance relationship but for me after going over to the phils for the past 10years :Rasp:it is easier to meet a good girl and start a relationship over there than it is to meet from a dating site [but thats only my view ] or a single one in the uk :doh

trader dave
9th March 2009, 06:00
and remember ladies we married a naturel pilipina because she is just that unlike a western women so dont change and become WESTERNISED:Brick::CompBuster:

aromulus
9th March 2009, 08:23
and remember ladies we married a naturel pilipina because she is just that unlike a western women so dont change and become WESTERNISED:Brick::CompBuster:

Sure sign of westernization......

When they stop buying handbags.....:D

Strangemikan
11th March 2009, 05:54

Thank you WinWin...:) I was just wondering about what you mean by "upbringing and respect that many UK guys would kill for "? Sorry if it may seem like a stupid question. Is it because Filipinas are conservative, or there is something more?

I also want to share something...it maybe a little offtopic but hey, I am single...:)

I have a UK boss, we have known each other for quite some time now, and most of the time we talk about work-related topics...but sometimes we flirt with each other, but it was a clean flirt, if there is one...

Lately, we have been very special to each other, we now share secrets, problems, and other personal topics like, where is he going, what am I doing...and so on...

There was a time when I think I'm falling in love with him...but my happiness was doomed to be short-lived. I learned that he has this 6 year relationship with his high school gf, and that they are living together...I was really devastated at that time...

But I have moved on...I was planning to resign, but I did not since I needed the job (I was working part time)...Sometimes, I feel like I am torturing myself...but I know it will pass...

Last weekend, we had this kind of odd conversation, it is about 5ex. I don't know if I am allowed to use it here... It happened so fast, and to make it a little bit wholesome, we became a little bit bad...not to mention dirty...

I know, I know, it isn't right...I have never done that before...

But now, he wanted to visit Philippines because of me, it is so wrong...he said he wants me badly...but I know that it is not anything close to love, its just something else...I don't know what to do...

I hope someone can help me...I am so 5tupid :Brick:

I changed my avatar...it used to have my picture...but I...hmp...I guess I am so ashamed of myself...

Florge
11th March 2009, 06:46
Thank you WinWin...:) I was just wondering about what you mean by "upbringing and respect that many UK guys would kill for "? Sorry if it may seem like a stupid question. Is it because Filipinas are conservative, or there is something more?

I also want to share something...it maybe a little offtopic but hey, I am single...:)

I have a UK boss, we have known each other for quite some time now, and most of the time we talk about work-related topics...but sometimes we flirt with each other, but it was a clean flirt, if there is one...

Lately, we have been very special to each other, we now share secrets, problems, and other personal topics like, where is he going, what am I doing...and so on...

There was a time when I think I'm falling in love with him...but my happiness was doomed to be short-lived. I learned that he has this 6 year relationship with his high school gf, and that they are living together...I was really devastated at that time...

But I have moved on...I was planning to resign, but I did not since I needed the job (I was working part time)...Sometimes, I feel like I am torturing myself...but I know it will pass...

Last weekend, we had this kind of odd conversation, it is about 5ex. I don't know if I am allowed to use it here... It happened so fast, and to make it a little bit wholesome, we became a little bit bad...not to mention dirty...

I know, I know, it isn't right...I have never done that before...

But now, he wanted to visit Philippines because of me, it is so wrong...he said he wants me badly...but I know that it is not anything close to love, its just something else...I don't know what to do...

I hope someone can help me...I am so 5tupid :Brick:

I changed my avatar...it used to have my picture...but I...hmp...I guess I am so ashamed of myself...

OOOOOOOOOO.... this is not a new story... so, what's wrong if he wants to visit Phils? everyone is welcome to visit... unless it is something that should be a cause for panic on your part?

Strangemikan
11th March 2009, 20:11
Florge, what do you mean?

Well, I reckon I don't have anything to be scared of, just the fact that he is coming here only to have "you-know-what" with me. Did I mention he already has a partner for six years? :doh

Florge
12th March 2009, 03:29
Florge, what do you mean?

Well, I reckon I don't have anything to be scared of, just the fact that he is coming here only to have "you-know-what" with me. Did I mention he already has a partner for six years? :doh

Ohhhh... hhhmmm... that's a very expensive "you-know-what"... well, if it doesn't feel right for you, then I guess it may not be right indeed. Personally, I trust my instincts and most of the times it was was always right... Only you can decide if you'll go for this arrangement or not.. just be ready with the consequence of your choice. good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
12th March 2009, 03:31
Not Mr Unknown but Mr Lonelyheart :Hellooo:

Who knows !!?

Lavander and Mr LonelyHeart?! .... hmmmmm.... i smell romance.... hehehehe.... go go go... :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

Mrs.JMajor
12th March 2009, 09:52
Lavander and Mr LonelyHeart?! .... hmmmmm.... i smell romance.... hehehehe.... go go go... :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

lavander is happy at the moment, now she found one at last,i hope it will end in happy relationship,some how..................:rolleyes:

Strangemikan
12th March 2009, 14:41
Thanks florge! Indeed, definitely a very expensive "you-know-what"! Thanks so much!

Florge
12th March 2009, 14:52
Thanks florge! Indeed, definitely a very expensive "you-know-what"! Thanks so much!

you're welcome... glad to be of help.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
13th March 2009, 11:03

maybe he is bored with his current relationship...
and want NEW and YOU...

some guys or gals even, with steady & long relationships but not yet married tend to go on detour (which is so :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:) but they cant help it, they have their reasons... :Erm...

but just be ready to any consequences that may arise...

mahirap maglaro ng apoy...

Jay&Zobel
13th March 2009, 11:07
This thread is really old hehe but wow, what an insight!

Girls,

Don't you think that we are so blessed to have our guys who love us as much as we love them? This world has hope still... lol

Just sad to know that some people will do anything for money: scamming etc (but little did they know, that he/she might be the right person).

There is no such thing as "THE PERFECT PERSON"... but be the RIGHT PERSON!

In love as always,

Strangemikan
16th March 2009, 05:24
Thanks Jay&Zobel, tama ka, maybe he's just bored...

You look really happy in your pic btw, hope I'll get my own happy ending too...*sigh*

Jay&Zobel
17th March 2009, 07:38

no worries Strangemikan... but of course you will feel "it" right? if it is love or just lust?

this is the best time to use the "Safeguard Soap: Kunsensya :icon_lol::icon_lol:" or better known as Gutt feelings...

You look really happy in your pic btw, hope I'll get my own happy ending too...*sigh*

Thank you :cwm38: You will someday too... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

katie37pinayuk
20th March 2009, 15:23

you will. be rest assured. you are still young. you must only be aware of what you are doing and what you are looking for. :D

sysop
20th March 2009, 15:58
lol .... this thread keeps bumping

I think the original post was something about why filipinas are the best.

Well, here's my shot; they are loving, caring (though they worry to much) and when they first have decided that you "belong" to them, then nothing on earth (or in hell) can change their mind. They always make you believe, that whatever decisions have been made, it was all yours. They would almost never talk about you behind your back - and in case they do, trust me, it will be good things only (unless you're a pig, but then again you wouldn't have taken the time or have the knowledge to register here).

If I should mention bad things, then hmmm...... well, it is my own experience that "city girls" are the ones to look out for. They are a tiny bit too street smart for my taste. If you at some point in time got scammed, I will bet it was a city girl - meaning a girl from one of the big cities like Cebu or Manila area.

Mrs.JMajor
20th March 2009, 16:18
l. If you at some point in time got scammed, I will bet it was a city girl - meaning a girl from one of the big cities like Cebu or Manila area.

Oh-uh :icon_lol::icon_lol: lol ,you make me laugh arent you,?wait for some city girl reply on you hahaha :D

sysop
20th March 2009, 17:25
Oh-uh :icon_lol::icon_lol: lol ,you make me laugh arent you,?wait for some city girl reply on you hahaha :D

hehe nah not really ..... just my experience, that's all. Life in the cities are different than in the suburbs or "remote" places, so people there have to be more street smart to survive. I understand it perfectly, I just don't approve about it - especially when it goes out on me :)

mommyhere
29th June 2009, 09:13
Being man and wife should always be about "sharing" even in UK, in the Phils.. or anywhere else...

I could share with anything, money, house maintenance, bills etc..if I have job or resources to get it from, if not then i could share with budgeting and chores, or simply being a responsible partner to start with..

about sending money to ur homeland families, ..oh well it depends on the urgency and needs, but it should come with a serious, honest, and realistic discussions and arrangement between the partners, but it should be dealt with both parties, wth willingness and most of all with limitations..especially if there are kids to consider and prioritize.

it's simply about sharing...
EXCEPT... except the toothbrush and the undies...:yikes::yikes::NoNo::icon_lol:

mommyhere
29th June 2009, 09:33
I believe studying the language and learn some basic phrases (magandang gabi, kumusta kana, and the most important 'mahal na mahal kita') can bring you closer to the lady......

errmm.. not only that..you have to embrace their traditions, culture including the food and how they eat...oh well..the least is 3 x a day, more often its 5 times a day..:NoNo:

Anyone here who was able to watch the film.."My Big Fat Greek Wedding" ???:xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050:

there are lots of similarities the way we share and enjoy food while being with the whole family and eating loads and loads, as if there will be no tomorrow..kinda amusing, but that's how we do our "family bonding" moments here and of course not to forget the availability fo the videoke:9::9::333: and san miguel beer, red horse, or Tanduay rhum or Ginebra San Miguel..:Beer::Beer:::66::66::Wine::Wine::NEW1:

and everybody is a WINNER!!!!:icon_win:

MarBell379
29th June 2009, 10:59
it's simply about sharing...
EXCEPT... except the toothbrush and the undies...:yikes::yikes::NoNo::icon_lol:

She told me it was all right to share her undies.
Now you tell me its wrong????

They're so comfy!! :bigcry:

Tawi2
29th June 2009, 11:35
Good man Pacific,try and learn the basics,one day it just clicks and all the pieces of the puzzle slot into place,you actually understand what the people are saying :xxgrinning--00xx3:Live with a family for a few months if you really want to immerse and understand the culture :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
29th June 2009, 11:59
Good man Pacific,try and learn the basics,one day it just clicks and all the pieces of the puzzle slot into place,you actually understand what the people are saying :xxgrinning--00xx3:Live with a family for a few months if you really want to immerse and understand the culture :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thats what your doing eh,:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
29th June 2009, 12:10
Best way to learn about a culture is to bathe in it,figuratively not literally :icon_lol: I did the same in Pakistan and China,you cant really learn about a culture unless you live as part of it,but Pacific is taking the first steps in learning the language :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jam07
11th July 2009, 08:47

what if the guy wants you to visit him instead (all under his expenses), is that an issue?

Tawi2
19th July 2009, 20:09
If the guy wants the woman to visit him things get a little more tricky,because 9 times out of 10 there would be stipulations attached to the trip,I know 2 ladies who came to Europe on such stays,both thought it was going to be the precursor to a long and happy married life,both are now languishing back in pinas wondering where it all went wrong :NoNo::Erm:

jam07
19th July 2009, 21:51
If I should mention bad things, then hmmm...... well, it is my own experience that "city girls" are the ones to look out for. They are a tiny bit too street smart for my taste. If you at some point in time got scammed, I will bet it was a city girl - meaning a girl from one of the big cities like Cebu or Manila area.

hey, I'm from the city and i dont do those things.
I would never play at anyone's feeling for money.

I guess my parents brought us up well... :)

bystander09
21st August 2009, 11:26

This is so true..:xxgrinning--00xx3: Some Filipinas with thier UK husbands do have trouble shaking the OCW syndrome. They have difficulty accepting the concept of shared responsibility for cost of living expenses.

Are Filipina wives for real..???:doh Or do they consider a UK husband as an overseas opportunity/employer??:yikes: The ongoing goal will be to support the family back home..:Help1: Yes indeed, when they work, their salary is for the folks back home..:xxgrinning--00xx3: The poor UK hubby is just to cover the day to day expenses in the UK..:Brick:

bystander

IainBusby
22nd August 2009, 13:04

This is so true..:xxgrinning--00xx3: Some Filipinas with thier UK husbands do have trouble shaking the OCW syndrome. They have difficulty accepting the concept of shared responsibility for cost of living expenses.

Are Filipina wives for real..???:doh Or do they consider a UK husband as an overseas opportunity/employer??:yikes: The ongoing goal will be to support the family back home..:Help1: Yes indeed, when they work, their salary is for the folks back home..:xxgrinning--00xx3: The poor UK hubby is just to cover the day to day expenses in the UK..:Brick:

bystander

I think that the problem for many is that their families back in Phils see them as OFW's from whom remittances are not just hoped for but expected. I have noticed however, from various posts that I have read on this forum, that although most of the newley arrived Filipina wives always seem to accept this situation, there seem to be a big difference of attitude with the wives that have been here for 5 years or longer. It seems that over a period of time living in the UK, a sense of reality starts to creep in.

Iain.

eleazebonares
21st September 2009, 02:09

amen! !

Queenbee
3rd October 2009, 23:19

LOVE THIS!!!!BOSS UR AMAZING,U TRULY KNO wHAT wOMEN wANT!

bornatbirth
3rd October 2009, 23:38
LOVE THIS!!!!BOSS UR AMAZING,U TRULY KNO wHAT wOMEN wANT!

:icon_lol:

Queenbee
3rd October 2009, 23:42
lol .... this thread keeps bumping

I think the original post was something about why filipinas are the best.

Well, here's my shot; they are loving, caring (though they worry to much) and when they first have decided that you "belong" to them, then nothing on earth (or in hell) can change their mind. They always make you believe, that whatever decisions have been made, it was all yours. They would almost never talk about you behind your back - and in case they do, trust me, it will be good things only (unless you're a pig, but then again you wouldn't have taken the time or have the knowledge to register here).

:omg:UMMM sorry bout being scammed but im a city girl meanin from Cebu and have worked abroad, got a good education and brought up real well by my family...I think its really unfair to judge women like me who grew up from big cities...:NoNo:Please dnt strereotype all the women from big cities as we dont stereotype old n young foreign guys just marry women from Asian countries to make them their slaves...

I think it depends on her background n the way she was brought up...Maybe she jst made the wrong choices in life...
:ARsurrender:peace!

Queenbee
4th October 2009, 12:48
:icon_lol: , not my misses, she works, she gives me most of her wage( for now anyway) to help pay the bills, and yes some of the money goes back to the phils to get my stepson thru uni, also to get her cousin thru uni, and to help her aunt out, which i'm more than happy and willing to pay,even thou sometime it leaves us with little left.

and i'm hoping soon she will be giving me money to spend :D, its not my money or her money, its our money.. and in near 6yrs we have done whats best for us and her family in the phils, without one big argument :xxgrinning--00xx3:

YOU'RE A GOOD HUBBY JOE!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish
4th October 2009, 12:54
I too was brought up in the city, and would never dream of doing such things to others :NoNo:

But for every scammers out there, there's always one to be scammed, so make sure not in any:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish

steadyfornow
4th October 2009, 14:46
Ladies, I think what the boss said is right :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Here's my take.

Arguing: A good relationship needs a good foundation. Arguing and 'trying to hold it together' at the start is not a good foundation. :NoNo: ...time to run!

Money: Any man who is serious will have an idea of how much he will have to spend to pull it off. Some guys will be sailing pretty close to the wind but that doesn't mean they can't support you. Being careful with money shouldn't be taken as a sign he is broke... maybe he's just being sensible which should be seen as a quality. However, if he's struggling financially to make the first trip to PI... he ain't got a hope of funding the rest.

Doesn't want to visit: Yes, he should be gagging to get to you... and you should feel the same. Also, a relationship naturally has to move forward or it will starve. However, you do need to consider his work commitments. Don't assume he can drop everything, fly half way round the world, so you can leap into his arms like the scene in Armageddon! Personally, I would ask right at the start with all the other questions... but tactfully.. like, 'if he met a girl he liked, would he visit her and when?'. If he answers 2/3 months for example, hold him to it, then if he starts making excuses :NoNo: .... time to run!

Good luck to you all :)

the only problem that i can forsee with my bf would be..statement no.2..about the MONEY..the only thing that hinders us from our plans is his financial capability..i do believe he loves me and there's no doubt in what i feel for him..we keep on setting dates for our plans but its constantly changing bec of his financial capabilty..he doesnt support me financialy but that doesnt matter all i want is for us to be together..i know this might just be a test for us..and i would want to stick with him no matter what..but i cant deny that this is already frustrating..and its sad to see him down and sad because of this problem..he is working as a chef..and sometimes i cant help but wonder how other people can manage to save up just to make their relationship work..but on a second thought he's been changing jobs just to make it all work..so i know it will all happen because i can see the effort but the only question is when..now.im trying to check if there is any way for me to go to UK using my own options..bec i really dont know how long do i have to wait if i will just sit here and do nothing..:bigcry:

beppe
2nd November 2009, 00:15

well said but I always believe a bit of good luck helps a lot

agnesdale
4th November 2009, 21:52
I would add a word of caution here to this advice. There is a widespread belief in the Philippines that every white man is loaded. There is another belief that if they (the white guy married to a Filipina within a family) has it, and you (the Filipino within that family) needs it, it is their duty to give it to you without too many questions asked. Sorry if this sounds cynical. In many cases your wife, or fiance, won't be like that at all but members of her family will be. She might become as agrieved as you at constant demands for "support" or "allowances" but her natural family orientation will make her feel guilty if she doesn't "help". My advice to everyone is to establish some ground rules early on and then stick to them. To the ladies I would say please make sure that you are marrying your man for love, and for your own future, and not because he can be the salvation of your family. To the guys I would say beware, when you marry a Filipina you will find that her family play a much bigger part in your future than you might be prepared for. If you are ready for that, fine, but if not you can expect problems. My own response has always been to support efforts to become self sufficient and to avoid those which lead to dependency. I have failed miserably. Every venture we have supported, and there have been many, has failed due to a lack of basic business sense and discipline, with money being diverted to other pressing "needs" and then the hands are held out for more from the rich guy. It can produce stress and you need to be prepared.

This is well said,I definitely agree.However in both sides there should be always cautions.Take time to know each other and all the problems that might come ahead will be visible,if you cant take it,,then "time to run.."
But love should not be like that,it should be sticking together even if you break your neck trying come highs and lows,so make sure that you really love each other...because year after year the only contstant in life is changes..
Beauty fades,money wont last...but if you take a monkey for its money,the money will go the monkey will stay...

satchuna
22nd November 2009, 14:50

love! love this!(^_^) since I am a Filipina:)

SteveTalaga
20th December 2009, 15:22
A few more thoughts to add to my post yesterday, directed to the ladies. I find that many Filipinas have a belief that their "needs" will all be taken care of by their husband. He will pay all the costs for housing, food, transport, clothing etc etc from what he earns. Of course, if you are a full time housewife, looking after the home and kids, then that is true. However that is a rarity in the UK these days. Most couples both have to work just to pay their bills and lead a reasonable life style. Nevertheless many Filipinas feel that what they can earn is "theirs" and that they can do whatever they wish with it, normally sending most of it back to their various family members. This can cause conflict. You are not an OCW here just to work and remit. You are a wife and you must take an appropriate share of the living costs of you and your husband. There may not be very much left to send back. Thats' the way it is here now so you had also best be prepared for it.Amen!!!

ynacielo
23rd December 2009, 13:09
yes i ran away aswell from my husband,he talks about money a lot,it seems that his life evolve with money,he normally telling me,everything is his..........i cant use some stuff in the house like computer,telephone,coz according to him thats his,sometimes he hid car key ended me calling my friend to take me to work,telling me that asian is just a novelty and scammers,,,,,throwing me out of the house whenever his angry.threatening me, i had enough,now i might get deported,coz social worker old me to apply residency,im such in a big mess,i thought social worker knows what they are doing....i shudnt believe them.....

South-east boy
23rd December 2009, 13:35
yes i ran away aswell from my husband,he talks about money a lot,it seems that his life evolve with money,he normally telling me,everything is his..........i cant use some stuff in the house like computer,telephone,coz according to him thats his,sometimes he hid car key ended me calling my friend to take me to work,telling me that asian is just a novelty and scammers,,,,,throwing me out of the house whenever his angry.threatening me, i had enough,now i might get deported,coz social worker old me to apply residency,im such in a big mess,i thought social worker knows what they are doing....i shudnt believe them.....

I'm sorry for what has happened with you- your husband has acted quite unreasonably, immaturely and cruely. Have you doccumented everything like that that he has done? If not, then do so as soon as possible. Also book an appointment with the citizens advice burreau -it's free. I'm sure other people on here can offer some more help and advice as well. I hope u can spend Christmas with some friends and that next year will be better for you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sensi*
16th May 2010, 21:51
:)interesting thread!

gWaPito
17th May 2010, 21:07

bystander

i can assure you, not in our household! what my wife earns stays here and that is her choice, not mine, yes we are a ph/uk marriage but, unlike others we are more like a western marriage ie; the money goes into one pool, our pool:Wave:

triple5
18th May 2010, 17:45
You're replying to a banned member who posted 9 months ago :Erm:

ceekays
10th October 2010, 17:53
This is true, i am only 23, i been looking for someone to be with but im a true gentleman and when i go out with someone in the uk i am always too good for them or not good enough never found that just right.

I have only just recently started to speak to some filipina girls and already found them to be more polite and easier to get along with. They have that upbringing which i could only dream of in a girl.

LuisaKC
14th October 2010, 09:08
You are all beautiful women (well apart from the ones with a moustache :cwm3:), and have the upbringing and respect that many UK guys would kill for (hopefully not the present wife to win you over :cwm24:)....

hello ,sir. those are nice thoughts for Pinays.
I agree with 2nd and 3rd.. but the 1st thing you said...hmm..
Theres this "cultural differences" thing you know... and we all know culture-wise we differ wth europeans in so many ways... so i guess arguing at the 1st part of the relationship is normal..specially if this pinay has a very strong character ( like moi :) ) and the foriegn guy likes a submissive gf/wife ( w/c is often times the case thats why foriegners like filipina)
maybe its safe to say ... Argue and discuss alot BEFORE being married to each other and then dont forget the 2nd and 3rd Signs:)

I'd also advice a SINGLE Filipina to becareful meeting up first time with your foreign boyfriends. You might fall so inlove too fast and not be able to think logically and make wise decisions. you wont be able to see the 2nd and 3rd advice of mr Keith if your logically blinded by love :)

But enjoy life and learn from mistakes! ... people who are here ( married couples ) are Gods walking proof that nothing is impossible!

LuisaKC
14th October 2010, 10:02

well said:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
14th October 2010, 10:17
Yep...I can dig that. :)

dontpushme
20th October 2010, 15:43
I agree. Marriage is a partnership. It can't be just one person trying to provide for both and the other person sending everything to a 3rd party.:)

Luisa's point on Filipinas falling in love too fast, I think that happens a lot. Filipinos are hopeless romantics (yes, the guys too) and think that every crush is the love of their life. Gotta be careful about "falling in love" when you don't know the person well enough to actually love them yet. It could just be falling in love with the idea of being in a relationship with them.

Terpe
21st October 2010, 09:29
My personal opinion is that Philippine ladies make the best friends, girlfriends and wives.
Compared to ladies in many other countries, they just don't seem as strict, serious, prudish or hung up. Instead, they are more relaxed, carefree, happy-go-lucky, easygoing and playful.They are also very nonjudgmental and nonracist.
They have a great sense of humor, with the ability to enjoy the simplest and silliest things which easily amuse them. You can always have fun and joke around, even if you have nothing else important to talk about.
That's so comfortable and refreshing.

Philippine ladies are also a great blend of outer and inner traits.
Ethnically Asian, Malay and Spanish, is a very exotic and beautiful mix.Their attractive highly feminine outer appearance is combined with a tender romantic loving/caring inner side.
A wonderful blend to say the least.

I can really understand why so many of us men are addicted to the Philippines and to Philippine ladies. For me they seem to bring this natural balance to your life and soul.
They are just so comfortable to be around, in a way that you could never imagine possible.

It's beyond words; it's something you need to feel and experience to understand. And when you do, you realize it's what you had always desired.

The only minor drawback I have found in my mind, is that Philippine ladies may sometimes become moody and quiet for unexplainable reasons. It seems to be in their nature somehow.
Patience and a loving hug are the recogonised cure.

For me Philippine ladies give new birth to your heart.
If ever your heart had lost faith in love, they awaken it and renew it with their faith, hope and belief in love, making it a reality for you, and making you a believer again.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st October 2010, 10:08
Agree !

Many thanks for reminding me to get off my backside and find one.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
21st October 2010, 16:16
Filipinos are hopeless romantics (yes, the guys too) and think that every crush is the love of their life. Gotta be careful about "falling in love" when you don't know the person well enough to actually love them yet. It could just be falling in love with the idea of being in a relationship with them.
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

dontpushme
27th October 2010, 23:40
.Their attractive highly feminine outer appearance is combined with a tender romantic loving/caring inner side.

:laugher: Sorry, I just had to laugh. I'm Filipino, but anyone who knows me would laugh at the "highly feminine" bit in your lovely description of my race and gender. Although the Chinese name given to me means "a lady who walks with grace and beauty", everyone, including my own mother, has laughed at the irony of it and says I'm anything but!

Maybe you mean half the Filipinas are highly feminine and the rest of us are hoydens.:rolleyes::icon_lol:

grahamw48
27th October 2010, 23:53
I would describe my stepdaughter as more of a fierce little wildcat, yet looking at her you wouldn't think butter would melt in her mouth. :icon_lol:

Faye_and_Brian
23rd November 2010, 00:45

Yes you are very right, if he is really into you he will find a way to see you no matter how many thousand miles away you are apart from each other. That is true love :heartshape1::heartshape1:

simpleHeart
23rd February 2011, 07:07

[ to you ASAP, dump them. They lack the passion for your relationship.

If it is as easy as ABC to just dumb him, I would....:doh But funny me!!!Im still hoping in our relationship to be saved.

Im just a martyr:angry:

ynai4
5th March 2011, 19:08
i like this conversation... our culture is to help our family in the philippines...and i dont understand that sometimes..why were helping our parents and whole family...?in that case whos helping us.......

burf316
8th March 2011, 17:00
Thank you. Even though this was posted few years ago, the lesson is still promising. I am wishing, hoping and praying to meet my only one. :heartshape1:

Dr Graham
11th March 2011, 15:20
This thread makes me smile :)
The FACT is that MEN, regardless of Nationality, Age, Wealth, or Intelligence, .......
CANNOT UNDERSTAND WOMEN .... even Women of the SAME Nationality and Culture.

So throwing DIFFERENT CULTURES into the already bubbling Melting Pot, is a bit like letting kids loose in the Chemistry Lab ..... WITHOUT a Teacher persent !

Dr Graham
11th March 2011, 15:46
I've been amazed while reading through this topic, that quite a lot of (good) contributions have been made by members who are now BANNED !
Some of them had Hundreds or even Over a Thousand Posts to their Credit ???

I Own a Yahoo Group and I'm a Moderator on a couple of other Forums. I often have to Ban Members for Posting SPAM, but these guys are usually Newbies who join purely to try to use the Group for their own Financial Gain.
The remainder who get Banned are usually "disturbed people", or folk who's attitude is Aggressive and Abusive, and they usually get weeded out before they've clocked up more than half a dozen posts.
I've NEVER needed to Ban a Long Standing Member and certainly no one with a Prolific Posting Record.

Did WW3 happen, but nobody outside this Forum heard the BIG BANG ?

grahamw48
11th March 2011, 16:29
This forum attracts grumpy old men I guess. :icon_lol:

Norwichguy
19th March 2011, 22:46
Hi,the right one might just have emailed you! :Wave:

tipzy23
8th May 2011, 08:40
single now.....

toging
8th May 2011, 10:48
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: been there wore the t-shirt!

\\\ElizaTony///
26th May 2011, 13:02
wat happen

anc25
13th June 2011, 05:16
single now.....

:bigcry:

sweetnote143
1st July 2011, 03:48
The only minor drawback I have found in my mind, is that Philippine ladies may sometimes become moody and quiet for unexplainable reasons. It seems to be in their nature somehow.
Patience and a loving hug are the recogonised cure.

that's what we called here "tampo", synonymous to sulking but quite different altogether. "tampo" doesn't last long so men only needs to be patient and extra attentive to their wife. and extra sweet. :icon_lol:

desiderata_78
22nd August 2011, 12:33

Thanks for the posts guys. It helped me a lot. :)

skinicuk
1st November 2011, 06:27
I am 34 years old a Filipina, got my annulment 2 years ago and also I have a handsome 11 year old son...

I hope a really find a good person that is willing to love a single mother. :)

babes
9th November 2011, 20:54
Very well said Keith! thunbs up!

elvie89
12th November 2011, 02:32
We do have some misunderstanding sometimes which is i think is normal into a relationship but for having an argument that there both parties feel themselves they are both right,thats a big trouble lol hehe i believe making a long lasting relationship is to have this three.criteria..be able to explain why,and be able to listen and of course willing to compromise!!!

Maria B
23rd November 2011, 14:03

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::):D

burf316
8th June 2012, 17:54

Who is the author??? Is it available here in the Philippines?
I hope I can find it in National Bookstore... ^_^

Terpe
8th June 2012, 18:07
Who is the author??? Is it available here in the Philippines?
I hope I can find it in National Bookstore... ^_^

If you click on each of the highlighted hyperlinks "this" you will see all details revealed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

angellegwen
27th March 2013, 16:12
ohh my...my butt hurts sitting and reading everything on this thread, very interesting...from morning until this afternoon...:yikes:ohhh nooo my garden outside i forgot to check :NoNo:

grahamw48
27th March 2013, 17:50
ohh my...my butt hurts sitting and reading everything on this thread, very interesting...from morning until this afternoon...:yikes:ohhh nooo my garden outside i forgot to check :NoNo:

Too late to read it now, isn't it ? :icon_lol:

angellegwen
27th March 2013, 21:31
Too late to read it now, isn't it ? :icon_lol:

hahaha still reading..im done reading this thread so ill go find something else :icon_lol: but i did check my garden for like a minute and back inside, its so cold outside :icon_lol: and i think foxes keep digging my plants :xxaction-smiley-047 its not cute and its not funny(my bulbs are dug out and my garlic's beheaded :grosyeux:) and i think my newly planted strawberries won't survive so its a bit disappointing. I think im gonna train my dog to kill them lols :icon_lol:Anyway, i love reading threads here and time passes so quickly the next thing i know its already late hahaha

One response here mentioned "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and after reaing the thread I watched it, very funny...hubby caught me giggling in the dayroom when he arrives from work. This forum and all the members especially the admins and the creator of this site, its really of great help. Thanks everyone. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
27th March 2013, 21:54
I can lose whole days on youtube . :doh :biggrin:

Terpe
27th March 2013, 21:59
I can lose whole days on youtube . :doh :biggrin:

I think YouTube is just about the best thing ever to come out of the marvelous internet.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
27th March 2013, 22:00
Totally agree ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Janedan0913
27th March 2013, 23:04
in our case, my husband pays for the bills and my salary goes to children's and our own savings. we are both working full time. I dont send money in the Philippines as my mum has her own business, my dad is in US and my brother is an IT specialist in Singapore. So not all Filipinas ask money from their English husband. I met my hubby here in UK and not just in internet sites and from that time I have a stable job in NHS.
Dont get me wrong but there are lots of Filipinas who wants to marry English men just to have a better life. I wish those people with a genuine heart will meet someone who will truly love them and not their pocket. lol :smile:

grahamw48
27th March 2013, 23:19
I am lucky that I've found a wonderful Filipina who doesn't mind that I'm a smelly old tramp. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
28th March 2013, 01:40
I've been amazed while reading through this topic, that quite a lot of (good) contributions have been made by members who are now BANNED !
Some of them had Hundreds or even Over a Thousand Posts to their Credit ???

I Own a Yahoo Group and I'm a Moderator on a couple of other Forums. I often have to Ban Members for Posting SPAM, but these guys are usually Newbies who join purely to try to use the Group for their own Financial Gain.
The remainder who get Banned are usually "disturbed people", or folk who's attitude is Aggressive and Abusive, and they usually get weeded out before they've clocked up more than half a dozen posts.
I've NEVER needed to Ban a Long Standing Member and certainly no one with a Prolific Posting Record.

Did WW3 happen, but nobody outside this Forum heard the BIG BANG ?:doh shall I ban him too :icon_lol: :blahblah:

grahamw48
28th March 2013, 01:43
Dunno...he sounds pretty (self) impotent to me. :Erm:

Patrice
10th April 2013, 19:22
know what? you're totally right... i'm knew in this site and i'm glad that this is the first thread that I read :smile: thank you for appreciating the Filipina beauty

Ako Si Jamie
31st August 2014, 00:36
It's the first time I've read this thread and I'm looking at who's contributed. Looks like there was a massacre in 2008. Half of them are banned. :icon_lol:

les_taxi
31st August 2014, 00:47
It's that old I thought it was a new thread:icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
31st August 2014, 01:02
I seem to ignore these stickies for some reason.

Michael Parnham
31st August 2014, 07:00
Interesting thread!:xxgrinning--00xx3: