PDA

View Full Version : FOOTBALL!!

Eljohno
2nd March 2006, 12:14
Hi guys,

thought it would be a good idea for each sport that everyone has an interest to have a category, so thought i would start with football even though this subject has been talked about. It might be easier for everyone this way, but you can let me know what you all think

Eljohno
2nd March 2006, 12:20
Did anyone watch the International matches last night?

I watched most of the England match and to be honest i thought they were very average. The Uruguay goal was as good a goal as you will ever see at any level.
I thought Joe Cole was by far England's best player and it is good to see the Liverpool players doing well.

Also great that the Irish teams, North&South done so well. And what about Scotland, well there is not much to say so lets move on :D

Wales did not lose which i guess is not bad for them..

And not that you are interested but the last time i checked the Philippines were 166 ranked in the world but maybe that is because there keeper is maybe only 5 foot which would not help

Admin
2nd March 2006, 13:47
Uraguay went to sleep in the 2nd half. England are well overated, more interested in hair style than scoring.

Pauldo
3rd March 2006, 17:09
Originally posted by admin@Mar 2 2006, 01:47 PM
Uraguay went to sleep in the 2nd half. England are well overated, more interested in hair style than scoring.

Quoted post

I was going to post something witty, but I have less than no interest in football personally, so I won't. I'll rant instead, 'cos I'm bored :Hellooo:

I hate the way the whole world asks me "who's going to win the match tonight" assuming that because I am English I will have an intricate knowledge of whatever football game is going to be played that night.

I hate the stereotype that assumes all English people live and breathe the game where 22 grown men kick a small bag of wind about for 90 minutes, surrounded by 88,000 other grown men who stand and scream support and/or abuse, then go down the pub after to argue about how 'their' team did, or what 'their' team should have done, or whether 'they' will win next week. 88,000 tacticians who all know better than the £100,000 a minute professionals on the pitch.

I hate the yob mentality that makes gangs of men act like four year olds and start fights to prove something I'm not sure about to other people. Usually fights where there is no chance the other guy will win, because it's not much fun being 'ard' if you get your fecking head kicked in every time you show off
:xxmixed-smiley-017:

I hate that horrible fake deep voice that 'fans' put on when they yell and sing about football. We've all heard the battle cry of: "yourgonnagetyourfeckingheadskickedin" Imbecilic at best. A group of small inconsequential nobodies, rendered huge and invincible on Saturday night, by their common interest in a sports game???????

Unbe-feckin-lievable!! :Brick: :Cuckoo:

Of course, 99% of football fans are nothing like the above, but there's no fun hanging earache on them is there? :lol: :lol: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:
:laugher:

Eljohno
3rd March 2006, 18:42
Originally posted by Pauldo@Mar 3 2006, 04:09 PM
I was going to post something witty, but I have less than no interest in football personally, so I won't. I'll rant instead, 'cos I'm bored :Hellooo:

I hate the way the whole world asks me "who's going to win the match tonight" assuming that because I am English I will have an intricate knowledge of whatever football game is going to be played that night.

I hate the stereotype that assumes all English people live and breathe the game where 22 grown men kick a small bag of wind about for 90 minutes, surrounded by 88,000 other grown men who stand and scream support and/or abuse, then go down the pub after to argue about how 'their' team did, or what 'their' team should have done, or whether 'they' will win next week. 88,000 tacticians who all know better than the £100,000 a minute professionals on the pitch.

I hate the yob mentality that makes gangs of men act like four year olds and start fights to prove something I'm not sure about to other people. Usually fights where there is no chance the other guy will win, because it's not much fun being 'ard' if you get your fecking head kicked in every time you show off
:xxmixed-smiley-017:

I hate that horrible fake deep voice that 'fans' put on when they yell and sing about football. We've all heard the battle cry of: "yourgonnagetyourfeckingheadskickedin" Imbecilic at best. A group of small inconsequential nobodies, rendered huge and invincible on Saturday night, by their common interest in a sports game???????

Unbe-feckin-lievable!! :Brick: :Cuckoo:

Of course, 99% of football fans are nothing like the above, but there's no fun hanging earache on them is there? :lol: :lol: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:
:laugher:

Quoted post

You know any of the friends i have over here who do not like football are usually into Sci Fi, are you a trekky. But i know what you are saying its fine if people do not like football, its either in your blood or it is not. There is more to life than football like our beautiful Filipino wives :D

Admin
3rd March 2006, 22:47
Paul??? Was that a yes or no you're going to the match? :vomit-smiley-011:

Pauldo
4th March 2006, 15:48
Originally posted by admin@Mar 3 2006, 10:47 PM
Paul??? Was that a yes or no you're going to the match? :vomit-smiley-011:

Quoted post

Darts, hockey, snooker, table tennis, lacrosse, squash or dominoes mate? :Hellooo:

Admin
4th March 2006, 22:40
Horse racing, football, darts, indy car and poker mate :BouncyHappy:

Eljohno
5th March 2006, 00:40
Liverpool 0 Charlton 0

Yet again Liverpool totally outplay a team and cannot score, come back Michael Owen!!!!

Admin
5th March 2006, 09:49
Owen. Your having a laugh aren't you. Injury prone, money grabbing, and slow. No wonder Newcastle are handicapped :D

As long as we do the deed in Europe, and we are not letting in goals in Premiership, that'll do for me, and I would think Benitez told them to take it easy & not get injured for that match make sure he has a full team for Europe.

Eljohno
5th March 2006, 12:11
Originally posted by admin@Mar 5 2006, 08:49 AM
Owen. Your having a laugh aren't you. Injury prone, money grabbing, and slow. No wonder Newcastle are handicapped :D

As long as we do the deed in Europe, and we are not letting in goals in Premiership, that'll do for me, and I would think Benitez told them to take it easy & not get injured for that match make sure he has a full team for Europe.

Quoted post

I agree that its great that we are not letting in goals but thats not much good if no one is scoring at the other end. I front man have i think one goal between them this year. Michael Owen although gets injured easy has a great scoring record for the Reds....

Admin
5th March 2006, 16:43
We're fighting between 2nd-3rd place, so we've obviously been doing right. :BouncyHappy:

Eljohno
5th March 2006, 17:21
Originally posted by admin@Mar 5 2006, 03:43 PM
We're fighting between 2nd-3rd place, so we've obviously been doing right. :BouncyHappy:

Quoted post

Having the best defence in the league is what has got us so far up, but we should be beating the likes of Charlton at home..

We need to finish above Man U as its been a while since we have..

I am going to phone a local travel agent first thing Monday morning to see if there are any seats left for the Benfica game this Wednesday night, as they do a bus/boat/match ticket deal for about £90.

It would be a great game to be at....

Admin
5th March 2006, 18:01
Man U & Chelsea can't beat the bottom teams :lol:

Eljohno
5th March 2006, 18:14
Originally posted by admin@Mar 5 2006, 05:01 PM
Man U & Chelsea can't beat the bottom teams :lol:

Quoted post

And for some reason Liverpool are struggling to beat London teams.

But as long as we beat Man U :D

Admin
5th March 2006, 19:06
Come on REAL MADRID!!!

Eljohno
8th March 2006, 00:25
I thought Chelsea gave up without to much of a fight tonight.

I think the Reds will be the only English team left in after tomorrow night :D

Admin
8th March 2006, 10:19
Arsenal don't wear red :Erm:

Eljohno
8th March 2006, 10:28
Originally posted by admin@Mar 8 2006, 09:19 AM
Arsenal don't wear red :Erm:

Quoted post

Sure they do but have you ever heard anyone call them the Reds? :Doh:

Admin
8th March 2006, 10:34
They have a Russian player, they were known as the Reds!!!

Eljohno
8th March 2006, 10:37
Originally posted by admin@Mar 8 2006, 09:34 AM
They have a Russian player, they were known as the Reds!!!

Quoted post

I am sure after tonight Liverpool Fc will be the only British team left in!!

Admin
8th March 2006, 10:38
Well why didn't you just say that then? :rolleyes: ;)

Eljohno
8th March 2006, 12:00
Originally posted by admin@Mar 8 2006, 09:38 AM
Well why didn't you just say that then? :rolleyes: ;)

Quoted post

Well coz most people know who the Reds are, and that Arsenal are the Gunners!!

Eljohno
9th March 2006, 09:19
What a poor performance by Liverpool last night, when the transfer window opens again they need to throw Cisse, Morientes & Traore out of it.
They should get whatever money they can for Cisse & Morientes and swap Traore for a lechon as he is one of the worst players ever to pull on a Liverpool shirt.

Well done Arsenal!!!!

John

Admin
9th March 2006, 10:16
Told ya the reds would win, sorry maroon..... :BouncyHappy:

Hope no one backed Liverpool......never back a team with it's :butthead: against the wall, it is non-profitable long term.

equaliser
9th March 2006, 13:36
As a Man Utd supporter , I just want to say "Well done Benfica" :BouncyHappy:

I'm sorry but when Liverpool are always set up for a 1-0 boring match , it is always preferable to see a team that plays passing football. Liverpool have turned into Wimbledon in red. If in doubt , launch it at Crouch

Eljohno
9th March 2006, 13:45
Originally posted by equaliser@Mar 9 2006, 12:36 PM
As a Man Utd supporter , I just want to say "Well done Benfica" :BouncyHappy:

I'm sorry but when Liverpool are always set up for a 1-0 boring match , it is always preferable to see a team that plays passing football. Liverpool have turned into Wimbledon in red. If in doubt , launch it at Crouch

Quoted post

For sure i would love to swap Cisse & Morientes for Rooney & Van the Man, and Traore for a half time Burger!!

John

Admin
9th March 2006, 21:05
I'd rather eat dog crap than watch Man U :Hellooo:

Eljohno
14th March 2006, 17:41
Yippee i am leaving N.Ireland @ 5am to go watch Liverpool play fulham, maybe this will be the game that the Liverpool strikers will finally realise were the nets are style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Admin
14th March 2006, 17:56
You might get to see Gerrard give another goal away&#33;&#33;

Eljohno
14th March 2006, 18:51
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 14 2006, 04&#58;56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You might get to see Gerrard give another goal away&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

As long as he is facing away from the Liverpool goalkeeper i will feel confident style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Eljohno
16th March 2006, 10:59
Liverpool 5 Fulham 1

Well what can i say only that i picked the right match to go to&#33;&#33;

I was saying to my brothers on the way to the game that i believe soon that Liverpool would hammer someone but it was more in hope that it would have been against Fulham.

To be honest it was a scrappy game but to be there for Robbie&#39;s first goal since his return was special, also to even see Morientes & Crouch score in the same game was a miracle in itself.

I got a good look at the new guy Agger and he played very well even though he made one mistake.

Also to see the manager sign a new 4 year contract was a bonus.

It was special to sing " You&#39;ll never walk alone" with 45,000 fans.

Bring on Newcastle this Sunday&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

John

Admin
16th March 2006, 12:11
Hopefully the strikers have remembered what their job is&#33;&#33;

Eljohno
21st March 2006, 22:38
It keeps getting better style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Birmingham 0 Liverpool 7

Admin
21st March 2006, 23:10
Sorry, was that Birmingham? I thought it was the blind school charity match style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Eljohno
21st March 2006, 23:12
You can only beat what is front of you and Stevie G has proven again he is one of the best midfielders in the world&#33;&#33;

cappelan
5th April 2006, 22:11
WELL DONE TEAM - ESPECIALLY AGAINST COUNTRIES RANKED AHEAD OF US IN THE FIFA RANKINGS & ALL THIS WITHOUT THE EXPAT PLAYERS FROM ENGLAND :-)

http://www.the-afc.com/english/nati...=33&newsID=5499

Chinese Taipei overcome Philippines 1-0
1 April 2006

CHITTAGONG: A solitary goal by Wei-Lun Chuang helped Chinese Taipei overcome 10-man Philippines 1-0 in Group A match of the AFC Challenge Cup here at the MA Aziz Stadium on Saturday.

Chuang scored the all-important goal in the 19th minute to give his side three points from the opener. Philippines coach Aris Caslib blamed the defeat on the redcard. “It was a crucial moment of the match because we were attacking regularly at the rival citadel. We could have scored an equaliser,” he said.

Philippines got the first crack at the goal in the fifth minute but Gerald Orcullo failed to find the net on an Alexander Borromeo cross. Chinese Taipei got a chance five minutes later but Chien-Wei Liang’s header went wide. In the 44th minute, a shot by Philippines’ Ian Araneta was palmed out by Chinese Taipei custodian Jen-Feng Hsu.
Substitute Emelio Caligdong of the Philippines was redcarded in the 85th minute after he dangerously brought down Chinese Taipei’s Meng-Chian Lee.
Chinese Taipei’s assistant coach Wu-Yeh Chang said the players are not
acclimatized with the hot conditions here but hoped that their performance will improve in the remaining matches.

“Our players were very tired during the match because they are not used to these hot conditions and rigorous training since two days. I hope they will show better football in the remaining games,” he said.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/nati...=33&newsID=5525

Philippines hold India 1-1
3 April 2006

CHITTAGONG: Philippines held title-contenders India 1-1 in their second Group A game of the inaugural AFC Challenge Cup here at the MA Aziz Stadium on Monday.
India’s hero in their 2-0 victory over Afghanistan in the opening match, Vimal Pariyar once again gave his side the lead in the eighth minute on a cross from captain N Pradeep but Philippines restored the parity through midfielder Mark Alvin Valeroso 10 minutes later. Valeroso’s header found the back of the net on a Jeremias Jiao corner.
Both the teams were engaged in a midfield battle since the beginning with India, playing sans injured Xavier Vijay Kumar, making a few good moves. In the 29th minute Pariyar’s shot from the edge of the area went wide and ten minutes later midfielder Lalmalsawma Hamar’s shot hit the crossbar.

Philippines dominated the second half but failed to find the match-winner. Valeroso’s solo effort in the 55th minute saw his shot sail over the bar while Indian custodian Paul Shilton made a diving save on a Alexander Borromeo shot in the 75th minute. James Gunn’s header on substitute Ian Araneta pass went wide three minutes before the final whistle.

Indian coach Islam Akhemdov was satisfied with the result saying his team still has a match in hand. “We lost nothing today and have a match in hand to qualify for the quarter-finals. I am happy with the result and the performance of the players,” he said.

“Philippines are strong team and they played good football. We had to adopt defensive strategy in the second half because our players were tired.” Akhmedov said he missed Xavier Vijay Kumar and the player is doubtful for the third match also.

Philippines coach Aris Caslib said: “Our FIFA ranking is much lower than India but we managed to hold them. It is a positive result for us.”

http://www.the-afc.com/english/compe...ls&newsID=5551

Philippines hold Afghanistan 1-1
5 April 2006

CHITTAGONG: Afghanistan were held to a 1-1 draw by Philippines in their inconsequential final Group A game of the AFC Challenge Cup here at the MA Aziz Stadium on Wednesday.

The match was reduced to academic interest after India and Chinese Taipei played a goalless draw to ensure their qualification in the second round from this group.

Sayed Maqsood found the net for Afghanistan on a pass from Mohammad Jalal Afshar in the 26th minute. Afghanistan, who were held 2-2 by Chinese Taipei in their previous match, finished last in the group with two points while Philippines, also on two points, took the third spot on better goal difference. Mark Alvin Valeroso restored the parity for Philippines in the 61st minute.

Afghanistan failed to capitalise on a few goalscoring chances that came their way. In the 29th minute, Afghanistan’s Abdul Maroof Gullestani’s shot was brilliantly saved by Philippines goalkeeper Eduard Sacapano while seven minutes later Ahmad Wahid Abbasi’s solo effort hit the woodwork.

“It was a bad luck for us. We missed four golden chances. Had we scored those, it could have been in our favour. But still the tournament gave good experience to our players,” Afghan coach Mohammed Yousuf Kargar said.

Philippines coach Aris Caslib said the result was positive for his team. “We were behind by a goal but managed to split the points. The result is good for us,” he said.

deepete
5th April 2006, 22:31
Must be a commentators nightmare with some of their names, also dont here it described very often over here as attacking the rivals citadel

cappelan
8th April 2006, 08:34
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-...uters&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-chelseaphilippines&prov=reuters&type=lgns)

Chelsea brothers reserve position over Asia Challenge Cup

By Talal Malik

LONDON, April 7 (Reuters) - Two Philippines brothers skipped the inaugural Asian Football Confederation Challenge Cup in Bangladesh this month because they were worried about losing their reserve team places at English champions Chelsea.

"If there was a chance I might lose my reserve team place, I wasn&#39;t going to risk it," said 18-year-old striker Philip Younghusband.

Midfielder James Younghusband, 19, added: "Last time, me and my brother played for the Philippines we weren&#39;t really in the (Chelsea reserve) team much -- we found it hard to get back into it."

The pair, born in Ashford near London to a Philippine mother and English father were scouted by Chelsea at the age of 10 and their talent has propelled them through the ranks.

They said their mother had also been concerned about her sons travelling to Bangladesh because of security and health worries.

In the brothers&#39; absence from the April 1-16 international tournament, the Philippines, ranked 191st in the FIFA world list, were knocked out of the tournament after drawing two matches and losing one.
Philippine officials said the duo might have made all the difference.

"Maybe if the forward from Chelsea, the younger Younghusband was there, probably he could have scored and helped the team," said Jose Marcelina Carpio, Deputy Acting General Secretary for the Philippine Football Federation on Friday.

"Their level of football is different than other players in terms of maturity."

As reserve team players for a Premier League side, the Younghusbands are not well known in England but in the Philippines they said they were treated like celebrities.

"We&#39;re shocked by the fans&#39; reaction to us -- they just go mental for us," said James about their trip to the country last year.

The brothers feel playing in qualifiers next November for the Tiger Cup, renamed the ASEAN Football Championships, should not jeopardise their Chelsea commitments but might satisfy Philippine fans.

"Don&#39;t think we&#39;ve ignored the Philippines because we haven&#39;t gone to this tournament," Philip said. "There were concerns and we didn&#39;t want to risk it but we&#39;ll be playing soon hopefully."

Updated on Friday, Apr 7, 2006 7:07 am EDT

ervenescence
9th April 2006, 11:09
Football&#33;

OH DEAR style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugher.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/NEW5.gif

Admin
9th April 2006, 12:52
This is a male only thread style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Eljohno
10th April 2006, 08:38
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ervenescence &#064; Apr 9 2006, 11&#58;09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Football&#33;

OH DEAR style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugher.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/NEW5.gif
[/b][/quote]

Typical, even Rhea asked me yesterday when i was watching Liverpool if there was only one net on the pitch.....

Also Rhea said she liked Basketball better coz they score more points than they do in football style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Eljohno
23rd April 2006, 06:12
What a great result for Liverpool last night to finally beat Chelsea in a domestic competition. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

We fully deserved the win and now i am sure we can win the FA cup now after beating Man Utd and Chelsea.............

Admin
23rd April 2006, 11:09
I must thank the ref for having a great game style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif And Man U for allowing us to use there ground to knock Chelsea out of another major tournament.

ivor&mel
23rd April 2006, 13:04
It was good to see that Kewell can actually still play&#33; So often he has seemed to want to hide on the pitch, but he seems to have recovered his old Leeds sparkle now. Just hope it lasts... And Garcia was priceless again - missing simple opportunities and then producing a piece of magic. Liverpool have a team at last, and things are looking bright...

deepete
23rd April 2006, 14:39
I had a good day as well with spurs getting a point at arsenal. Should have won it in the first half. Nice to see arshol whinger getting the hump, but apparently most of his team didnt stop the play that led to our first goal because they are so used to their teammates diving. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Admin
23rd April 2006, 16:10
Garcia & Cisse annoy me, they are both World class players.....when there mind is on the game, but they spend too much time watching the ball rather than doing something with it.

Garcia was playing rugby kicks, and Cisse was playing tick with the offside&#33;&#33;&#33;

Eljohno
24th April 2006, 05:54
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Apr 23 2006, 04&#58;10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Garcia & Cisse annoy me, they are both World class players.....when there mind is on the game, but they spend too much time watching the ball rather than doing something with it.

Garcia was playing rugby kicks, and Cisse was playing tick with the offside&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

I agree Keith that they can both be frustrating to watch but at least Garcia comes up with some terrific but Cisse still has not shown enough to me to prove that he is worthy to pull on a Liverpool. Apart from Cisse having some great pace there is not much more going for him. I think Harry Kewell keeps getting better and is finally repaying Liverpool for sticking with him.

I never give Spurs any hope of getting anything from Arsenal so it was a great result.

Surely now Liverpool can go on and win the FA Cup now? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Admin
24th April 2006, 12:58
2007 Champions League - First Round Result
Gretna 4 - Chelsea 3 style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

ervenescence
27th April 2006, 12:28
GO ARSENAL style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Admin
27th April 2006, 13:44
Liverpool MAY lend them the Champions League Cup for a year style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Remember, it&#39;ll only be a replica....we got to KEEP the real one style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Eljohno
20th May 2006, 18:10
I had forgot to say well done to Arsenal on getting to the Champions League final. I was cheering the team on and thought for most of the game that you might just do it.

Great news that one of the best players to play in the premiership is staying with you, of course i mean Henry.

ivor&mel
20th May 2006, 19:45
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; May 20 2006, 06&#58;10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I had forgot to say well done to Arsenal on getting to the Champions League final. I was cheering the team on and thought for most of the game that you might just do it.

Great news that one of the best players to play in the premiership is staying with you, of course i mean Henry.
[/b][/quote]
I think a lot of people swallowed their pride and supported Arsenal on Wednesday&#33; An intriguing game, even though it wasn&#39;t the spectacle that everyone was hoping for. I really thought they would hang on and win it, and that would have been one of the most remarkable victories ever, considering the potential of the opposition; certainly the equal of Liverpool&#39;s victory last year (oohhh... controversial style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif )

Actually, I think Henry has done Barcelona a favour by not joining them. I could see Eto&#39;o getting unhappy about a high-profile striker joining Barca, and then him running off to Chelski.

Ivor and Mel

Admin
21st May 2006, 15:20
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 20 2006, 07&#58;45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
...... certainly the equal of Liverpool&#39;s victory last year (oohhh... controversial style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif )

[/b][/quote]
Won fair & square......as for the Arsenal match, now that was controversial.....especially as the ref has admitted the Lehman should not have been sent off, and the goal counted......and the fact he wasn&#39;t even the 1st choice ref&#33;&#33;&#33;

After such a build up he ruined the game, and the two supposedly big players didn&#39;t perform on the day. Bit of a let down for what was billed as a major final.

Eljohno
21st May 2006, 17:49
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 20 2006, 07&#58;45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think a lot of people swallowed their pride and supported Arsenal on Wednesday&#33; An intriguing game, even though it wasn&#39;t the spectacle that everyone was hoping for. I really thought they would hang on and win it, and that would have been one of the most remarkable victories ever, considering the potential of the opposition; certainly the equal of Liverpool&#39;s victory last year (oohhh... controversial style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif )

Actually, I think Henry has done Barcelona a favour by not joining them. I could see Eto&#39;o getting unhappy about a high-profile striker joining Barca, and then him running off to Chelski.

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

Tut Tut Ivor for thinking that even if Arsenal had of won the final it would have matched Liverpool coming from 3-0 down at half time to beat AC Milan.......

ivor&mel
21st May 2006, 20:05
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; May 21 2006, 05&#58;49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tut Tut Ivor for thinking that even if Arsenal had of won the final it would have matched Liverpool coming from 3-0 down at half time to beat AC Milan.......
[/b][/quote]
I did say "considering the potential of the opposition" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Against a performing Barca, it would have been a remarkable backs-to-the-wall feat. But Barca were well below par last Wednesday so that would have diminished an Arsenal victory somewhat. Ronaldinho was particularly disappointing - I was hoping for some fireworks from him. Maybe he is over the hill? No problem, there is another Brazilian wunderkind waiting in the wings, it seems&#33; Have a look at Kerlon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlqql38XkY)...

Now, if only Crouch can learn that in time for the World Cup, we&#39;re certain winners&#33;

Ivor (and Mel who is slowly learning to watch football)

andypaul
21st May 2006, 20:50
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 21 2006, 08&#58;05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I did say "considering the potential of the opposition" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Against a performing Barca, it would have been a remarkable backs-to-the-wall feat. But Barca were well below par last Wednesday so that would have diminished an Arsenal victory somewhat. Ronaldinho was particularly disappointing - I was hoping for some fireworks from him. Maybe he is over the hill? No problem, there is another Brazilian wunderkind waiting in the wings, it seems&#33; Have a look at Kerlon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlqql38XkY)...

Now, if only Crouch can learn that in time for the World Cup, we&#39;re certain winners&#33;

Ivor (and Mel who is slowly learning to watch football)
[/b][/quote]

If crouch did that the ball be covered in ice&#33;&#33;