PDA

View Full Version : Any Filipino grocery in Hampshire?

mhynne
20th January 2008, 20:56
Any Filipino grocery in Hampshire or even near hampshire?
ive been trying to get my hands on adobo ingredients for a while.. pinoyminimall is currently out of stock with vinegar... =(
be nice to have a filipino grocery nearby or even an oriental one that sells filipino stuffs..
sorry most of the stores are either in London or up north...
anyone can help me?

Mrs.JMajor
22nd January 2008, 03:03
wow you really look like a wonderful wife mhynne :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mhynne
22nd January 2008, 08:39
thanks.. well i try to be hehehe
i guess there isnt any near filipino grocers around here =(

nigel
22nd January 2008, 19:29
Do you know that North and South Hampshire used to be known as Hantfordshire...That's why you sometimes see it abbrieviated to North Hants..South Hants...that's what my Nan told me anyway! haha:icon_lol: I've been all over Hampshire and I can't say that I've seen a filipino grocery store..:NoNo: Oh but haven't I told you a fascinating fact! haha:icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
23rd January 2008, 19:37
Depending on where you are in Hants Reading may not be far and there is a large Filipino community there so possibly a store as well

mhynne
23rd January 2008, 19:45
reading is quite far from me unfortuntely.. although my husband works there =) hehehe
so far the nearest filipino grocery for me is croydon based on my research.. which is an hour drive..

nigel i didnt know it used to be hantforshire.. thanks for the info hehehe so thats why my husband said its also called hants hehehe

nigel
23rd January 2008, 20:04
Just up the road fro me in Chessington, there is a small Korean community in "New Malden" they have a few grocery stores (most asian food is similar no?) They have a big supermarket in New Malden called "Korea" (I assume it's purely Korean food) "Korea" is tricky to find, it's near the B & Q...Maybe this helps, it's all I can think of..:Erm:

scott&ligaya
23rd January 2008, 20:13
Hi again, if there is anything you are desperate for I am coming down to Southampton at the weekend and do not mind popping into our local store to see if they have what you want and bringing it with me, buy me a coffee and I will deliver it

mhynne
24th January 2008, 09:09
thanks for that scott or ligaya =) really kind of you...
although my husband will take me to london this weekend... we just might buy some stuff there from earls court.. so basically i have to stock up...
thanks for the suggestion nigel.. my husband and i love to cook asian food... so that would help also =) ive been cooking indian for 2 weeks now since i got here.. thanks to anjum anand's cookbook =)

LadyJ
24th January 2008, 10:37
You can find most of the filipino products in asian shop like chinese shop etc. im sure you have atleast one in your place.

mhynne
24th January 2008, 12:55
actually the sad part is there is none hehehewhere i am at .. my mother in law said there are some oriental shops in guildford and ive already found this thai store in winchester which is fairly near... so i guess i have to get my husband to drive me there =)

dave65
1st February 2008, 16:09
Hi there are 3 in possibilities in southampton
perez bros in shirley high street
yau bros in st marys area near the southampton football ground
and another in St marys st which i cant remember the name of
but jasmine loved going to all 3
if you and your guy need directions let me know and i could show you some time
Dave

mhynne
1st February 2008, 16:57
thanks dave65... im actually good currently.. the store in guildford had most of the stuff i needed so i think i be fine for now.. thanks for offer! really appreciate it.. =)